Main Menu

Bst item in Time

Started by Tardar, October 26, 2004, 01:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grymlok

Yeah, the best argument for you would be the "wasted stats" argument  :D

The Berserker: Foecussed

Tastian

If you were to justify it then probably the quarm bracer.  ED is actually the only item I can honestly see justifying as a beastlord item first, but claiming a P3 loot that will rot and most other classes won't even want isn't really the way to go.  

The other item you could maybe sell would be pure mantle off inny.  Since the focus is also on pal/clr bps and on a clr/dru/shm shield you could make a case for actually using the healing focus for awhile.  Also note that it caps at 67 which covers both our new omens heal and our new lame pet heal.  Shoulder slot actually is pretty weak overall and there aren't a lot of healing focus items for us.  I'm honestly not sure it'd be worth reserving or that most beastlords would want it over haste shoulders or something else though.

*shrugs*  I considered mentioning some of the combat effects items (like quarm, and ring), but since warriors would gain more aggro from the procs and most other classes would gain dps (although if using ED and other proc weapons a beastlord might gain more dps out of them).  Again though I'm not sure it warrants reserving.

Aneya

These are my top five Time items I want.

Mantle of Pure Spirit -> One of the few top end Healing Focus for BST
Symbol of the Planemasters -> Stun Proc and Dot Focus
Ethereal Destroyer -> Best Main hand DPS
Wristband of Icy Vengeance -> Best leather wrist item
Silver Hoop of Speed -> +15 to Combat Effects

I think the item you should try to reserve is Mantle of Pure Spirit. IIRC its the only High End healing focus for us in PoP and there is only one in GoD also. Compared to all the other classes that get multiple.

Symbol of the Planemasters would be my second choice for reserving. Having a stun proc is a huge boost when soloing and the Dot focus is nice too but neither of these have much effect on higher level raids. AFAIK there aren't any other clicky buffs that we can use to add procs that deal damage so it will also increase our DPS. In my guild the Necros were snatching this up but their Time Robe has the same focus so its sort of a waste in their hands.

Ethereal Destroyer is the next item to reserve. It should have been first on the list but as Tastian said its kinda weird to reserve a phase 3 item that most think is a toy.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Koullyn

One you guys have forgotten is Padded Tiger Skin Gloves. Other than Elemental there isn't anything else until Qivic. At the least they should be mnk/bst specific in the guild as other classes have gloves they can get from Time.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=27000
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Rhaynne

Padded Tigerskin gloves are arguably better than Qvic gloves.  I'd be using them instead had they ever dropped for me.

Liga

I agree with Rhaynne about the gloves.  Heck even the ele gloves arent that bad with 30 atk and 5 regen on top of the stats.

tiggerroo

I would go with the mantle myself.  The healing mod plus accuracy makes it an awesome combo for beastlords, especially when I hear the dreaded "anyone with a heal spell spam heal the MA" :)  I actually ended up going for the 46% haste shroud though.  We are leaving time this weekend, after 9 months clearing it every 6 days (we had 2-3 days early on).  Everyone has gotten a shinai/ED that wants one, we've gotten five+ quarm hammers, and only like 2 quarm earrings.

For the most part, I concur with everyone else that it would be difficult to justify any particular item as being the tops for beastlords over any other class.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

mrowrr

I'd reserve the quarm wristband until all 4 beasts had it, that's really a top of the heap item for beasts in time.  The legs and gloves are nice but as my guild found out the pants have dropped 2 times in over 20 time raids and the gloves dropped once.  The quarm bracer has dropped quite a few times enough for 6-7 people to already have it.  The tier 4 and tier 3 drops drop so much its not worth the trouble of reserving items from those tiers because the real jewel is to reserve a tier 5 to quarm items.

Also it's not to hard to argue that avoidance, accuracy and spell haste come in extremely handy for a beast.  Avoidance for the preslow aggro, accuracy to up our dps and spell haste to just overall improve all our spells we cast.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Tardar

Being able to reserve a Quarm drop to Beast only seems unlikely to me.  Definitely anything tier 3 and lower seems a waste given the frequency of possibilities to get those.  

Any item with avoidance will be highly sought after for our tanks.  Although I OT sometimes in an emergency, I am not considered a tank, and wouldn't even know how to begin that argument with our tanks.  Spell haste is pretty common on a lot of gear, I think I currently have about 3 forms of worn spell haste.  We haven't seen many accuracy items yet, and quite frankly, we are a bit confused on what exactly accuracy does.  Some think accuracy effects only range attack, others think it helps minimize missed swings.  Nobody has been able to find any definitive answer.

Tastian

Well quarm wrist is dru/mnk/bst only.  Accuracy lowers miss %, just makes you hit more often and not only on ranged attacks either.  The bracer you won't likely upgrade for awhile either.  Like I said it's a tough call to justify many of the items for one class over another, but bst is the only class on that item that will use the accuracy and focus and avoidance, etc.

Tardar

I see ya working Tastian, and thanks for the accuracy info.  You all were a big help.  I'll let ya know what/if we end up with anything.

Tardar

I see ya working Tastian, and thanks for the accuracy info.  You all were a big help.  I'll let ya know what/if we end up with anything.