Main Menu

Best drop from Quarm for a beastlord?

Started by Sempai, January 15, 2004, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sempai

I am faced with this question, and am looking for opinions. We are in the early stages of farming Quarm, and to be fair, I will only ask for one item that Quarm can drop. (BPs do not count).

After reviewing the list on Allakhazam's site, nothing really excites me. The two items I lust for the most currently are the Symbol of Ancient Summoning and the Dumul BP. If I had to pick one right now, I would probably pick one of these 2:

Cord of Temporal Weavings - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=16156
Hammer of the Timeweaver - http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=22894

Perhaps there is a drop that is not on Allakhazam's that is better. Anyone have a suggestion or a strong opinion?
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Rhaynne

Wristband of Icy Vengeance is probably the best beastlord drop off of Quarm.  The Cord is nice as well, but the three items I would be most likely to bid on from Quarm would be the Wristband, the Prismatic Ring of Resistance or the Silver Hoop of Speed.

Urim

Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Laba

If you didn't know BST shouldn't use anything but H2H you lose ATK otherwise...
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Sempai

Wristband of Icy Vengeance was not listed on Allahkazam's site, but I kind of figured it must drop from the big guy. This would probably make my top 3 as well.

The only other item of interest might be the Shroud of Eternity, but this really belongs on tanking type first in my opinion.

As for the 1hb skill, yes I know all about the attack loss. If the proc pets did enough damage, this weapon could still be worth it. However, I am still trying to learn more about the damage of the proc pets.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Kitana

belt!!!

That belt is a dream item for me .. as is it for a lot of other melee =p
I am sure I will never have one of my own, but I sure would love to have one.  45% haste is just too cool!

Murkk Dakruul

Wristband of icy vengeance is my #1 quarm loot. It's way to sexy to pass up imo. :D
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

sarjent

Quote from: LabaIf you didn't know BST shouldn't use anything but H2H you lose ATK otherwise...

I'd much rather use an ED over any of the H2h items excluding Xeg fists.  Actually I use 2 1hb items...I must be tehsuck

Ghoat

"the best" item will depend a LOT on what you are replacing as well.  If you are set on weapons, then the hammer may not figgure in at all. IF you have a strong haste item well augmented, the then the earrings is iffy.

Dont see how you can go wrong with icy bracer tho.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Rhaynne

The earring isn't direct haste though, Ghoat.  It's right click 5 damage shield, 5 regen (or attack, whatever) and 5% overhaste.

Mahes

For me, the number one item was the wristband without doubt.  The stats are incredible, the effects are great, and 15 avoidance and accuracy...golden.

The only other Quarm drop I'm looking for is the belt, and that's mainly because my current haste item is the MM belt, so it seems to be a natural upgrade.

The earring is very nice, but it's stupid rare on our server and as a class that can haste myself, I'd pass to a ranger, monk, or warrior before bidding.

Ring is also very nice, but I'm holding out for Bert ring and my other slot's good enough to not be able to justify the upgrade.

As for the hammer, very nice item, but based on my parses with shinai/puresteel and comparing them to other parses, I can't justify it.  Plus it looks silly.  :P

Good luck to yah.

Mallahki

The Wristband is w/out a doubt the best item from quarm for us.  Think about the other wrist items for bsts from time.  What....the timeless rage one? somethin like 165hp?  That is very weak considerin you should have somethin like the elementals wrist with 135hp already.  Oh how i wish glowin chains could be worn on wrist, hehe.  The earring is my 2nd choice.

Laba

Quote from: sarjent
Quote from: LabaIf you didn't know BST shouldn't use anything but H2H you lose ATK otherwise...

I'd much rather use an ED over any of the H2h items excluding Xeg fists.  Actually I use 2 1hb items...I must be tehsuck

Well if you look at the hard data that people have posted you would see that shintai / puresteel is the best combo for BST damage. Using anything else isn't a good idea.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Kossos

with out a doubt icy wrist then second would be earing you cant beat then would go with ring

shintai/puresteel both with 75 taps is best imo

Kossos 65  Beastlord
Club Fu
Bristlebane
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Ghoat

Quote from: Laba
Well if you look at the hard data that people have posted you would see that shintai / puresteel is the best combo for BST damage. Using anything else isn't a good idea.

You can also die of old age waiting for the damn Shin to drop. Bird in the hand/two in the bush and all.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll