Main Menu

Best drop from Quarm for a beastlord?

Started by Sempai, January 15, 2004, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

QuoteWell if you look at the hard data that people have posted you would see that shintai / puresteel is the best combo for BST damage. Using anything else isn't a good idea.

Well if my calculations are even remotely correct, ED/shinai should be pretty close if not better then Shinai/puresteel. Anyone have (a link to) Shinai/puresteel data against the katta banker or any other static mob? I've already received ED/shinai data from Sempai and Choppin recently, so we can settle this once and for all pretty quickly.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Sempai

Thanks for the tips. Still not sure what I will ask for, so I will just be passing for now I think.

As for the weapon derail, here is more info:

Quote from: Vecsus from EQBeastlordshere are some recent parse results I ran on the Katta Banker:  (Purely self buffed with alacrity, Ferocity, SV)

SoTrans: 129 (pitiful really but keeps me low on agro)

Shinai/Wraps: 142 (reliable DPS with solid weapon ratios, not relying on procs)

Shinai/Eth Destroyer: 136 (few procs on the Eth in off-hand)

Eth Destroyer/Shinai: 149 (best overall but I hate to rely on procs for my DPS)

Yet another reason I have stuck with my ED/Shinai combo and would consider the Quarm weapon if the proc was better. Since it is not, looks like 3-4 dps from the procs according to the thread in the equipment section, I will be passing on the hammer myself.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Mahes

Quote from: Coprolith
Well if my calculations are even remotely correct, ED/shinai should be pretty close if not better then Shinai/puresteel. Anyone have (a link to) Shinai/puresteel data against the katta banker or any other static mob? I've already received ED/shinai data from Sempai and Choppin recently, so we can settle this once and for all pretty quickly.

/hugs

I have an 8 hour parse of Shinai/Puresteel I did a couple days ago with no buffs on the same mob Sempai used for their parse.  Only problem is I neglected to turn misses on.  Going to try to get another one this weekend with misses on and I'll post it or send it to you.

Sempai

Great Mahes, I know I look forward to seeing your results.

No misses on? Ouch, I hate it when I do that. :lol:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Kharaf

Wrist is what I thought was best.  Hammer would be my 2nd choice.

Cringer

Have to agree with the majority. Wristband first, after that just depends on your current gear and what slot you might need to upgrade.
Weapons I'd pass on the hammer and stick with Shinai/Wraps.
[code:1]
[img]http://www.myweb.cableone.net/sagacity/Cringer.jpg[/img]
[/code:1]
Please abide by Board Sig Rules --Management
Cringer Battlecat
Maelin Starpyre "Remedy"

Good decisions come from experience.
Experience comes from making bad decisions.
"Mark Twain"