Main Menu

EQ the *gasp* RPG

Started by Braedan_VZ, December 10, 2004, 09:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braedan_VZ

Now that eq is reallly REALLY starting to show it's age, how many of you would be receptive to a eqlive improved engine on say the ps3?  I think it would completly kick ass to see all of eq1's zones, monsters, spells, abilites, and classes on an engine that could compete with the next level of graphics and (finally) make an honest rpg out of EQ ala morrowind.  And the biggest plus...they'd have time to finally balance the classes. hehe

And yes it would be offline I realize that I think it would be far more interesting then the next reiteration of FF.  

I'm not really counting Champions/Return as I see them as more diablo 2 games even though they are prolly enjoyable on their own right.

Kashmiir Battlekat

They tried this already and it bombed.

I have said it many times and Ill say it again. "Its not the graphics that makes a game its the content/playability that makes a good game great."

EQ1 has YEARS left in it in terms of fun and playability. No ther RPG on the market today has anywhere near the content or items available. Verant/Sony has had 5+ years invested in to content of EQ1. There is no way that any other game will even come close to EQ1 in these terms for a few more years.

Porting EQ1 to a Playstation for single player content basically defeats the purpose of Everquest. Everquest was by design a game that requires commitment and cooperation from others in order to complete tasks. Porting the game to a console as a single player game totally invalids the purpose of the game in my opinion.

EQ1 is not going anywhere and further expansions will come as long as people pay to play (and there are STILL hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers and active players throughout the 50+ servers.

They have said that they are thinking about (or working on) new models for EQ1 as they do see the 'retarded' stances/combat moves of the current models. Im hoping they really do come up with something new in this area.

Incite

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.