Main Menu

Duo Hunting Spots

Started by ranaraza, March 29, 2006, 04:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranaraza

For as much as I have gotten from this section, I feel like I need to contribute back.  I have been a 2-boxer for several years now.  My duos are level 70 mage/cleric, level 60 warrior/shaman, level 51 cleric/ranger and level 36 beast/druid.  Below are my usual hunting areas (not taking into account Hot Spots):

1-10 = I have always done newbie areas but I recently took a paladin solo through the tutorial and it was fun
11-20 = Kurns Tower
20-24 = Giant fort in Warslick Woods, Paludal Caverns
24-28 = Mushrooms and Zelniaks in Dawnshroud, hoppers in Marus Seru
28-32 = Crystal Caverns zone in, Tower of Frozen Shadow 1st floor
32-36 = Great Divide
36-44 = Gulf of Gunthak, Great Divide
44-54 = Dulak boats and armory
55-61 = The Hole, Velks
62-65 = PoJ basement, The Hole
66-69 = BoT courtyard, Harbingers Spire, Bloodfields, Noble's Causeway
70 = Noble's Causeway

These are the places I go with just my duo.  Safe camp spots can be found at the places above so I can park one toon while the other pulls.  There are definitly more places to hunt but I wanted to list the ones I really enjoyed as a 2-boxer especially with my cleric/mage duo that don't have snare.  If you want more information on a particular camp spot, let me know which one.

I have a regular group that is composed of 3 2-boxers making a full group of 6.  The group is 70 mage, 70 cleric, 66 mage, 65 druid, 62 beastlord and 62 cleric.  We do DoN missions and hunt in Ruined City of Dranik, Wall of Slaughter plus Noble's Causeway.

Gunzak

Well if I was to come back I would setup a 2nd comp and duo a beast and druid on Firona Vie.  I got tired of being forced to raid 5 days a week 4+ hours at a time to get upgrades so Firona Vie would be perfect even having to start over again.  I figure I could get a duo of beast/druid up from 1-50 in about a week of play.  I soloed a Necro 1-50 in 2 days 19 hours with about 10k in gear so a duo with no plat would take a bit longer .

Starting over I would duo in

1-3 Tutorial (just till we both got the charm finished)
3-10 Hollowshade Moor (farm shade silk, shadeling silk, hopper hides and stones)
10-25 Paladul Caverns (bugs, shrooms, aliens and finally bandits)
25-33 Echo Caverns (low side needlites and aliens)
33-49 Echo Caverns (high side on underbulks, aliens and rock golems)
49-55 Cobalt Scar (Wyverns and Drakes.  Can make a ton of plat here as well as hides for tailoring.)
55-70 Grieg's End, Velks, Hole, PoJ, PoD, PoV, DS, HS, NC, BF (Dependent upon gear)

Shieara

Just an addition, but I really enjoyed duoing with my cleric in Veksar in the low 60's range.  It was fun to actually be able to use his undead dots and nukes.  Actually I just like veksar in general...cool zone.

Gunzak

I have never been to Veksar.  Haven't explored too many places in Kunark since the expansion came out years ago.  I remember Lake of Ill Omen used to be the best spot around 16-20+ but that was back in 2001 or so.  I remember kiting mobs around the windmill for hours.  Now its a huge zone with zero people.

As for 49-55 there are obviously better places the Cobalt Scar but its now an empty zone and good money and hides for tailoring can be aquired there.  I remember before PoP the zone would have 20 people fighting over the wyverns there for experience.  Last time I went I saw one person.  When PoP came out and Druids got the Harmony nerf in 2002 the zone emptied.

Gunzak

Well starting over again from scratch I had to do totally different zones.  Its quite a bit different when you cant hand over 15k in gear.

1-10 Tutorial
10-16 Kurns
16-24 Paladul Caverns
24-26 Marus Seru
26-27 Ice Clad Ocean (hot zone but long freaking run)
27-29 Nedaria's Landing

I plan to stay in Nedaria till low to mid 30s as the exp is good, the zone is totally empty but me and I can easily duo the solo instance there.  The other nice thing compared to IC, though exp was better in IC, is its so much closer to PoK where I can restock potions, food/water and buy new spells.  Also nothing assists in the solo mission as long as you kill bats and rats only.