Main Menu

Defending against Ogre trains in Kael

Started by Kode, August 19, 2004, 11:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kode

Here's the situation: On a blue server (Morden Rasp) You bring a smaller mid 40's raid force into the Kael plate house. Two annonymous ogre's log in and proceed to train the entire Arena (including Vindy) on to your raid... repeatedly.  Your force is too small and too low level to deal with the trained mobs.  Is there anyway to defend against this situation? Any idea's out there?
Kode
Vah Shir Beastlord
Morden Rasp
My Gear

Zentrel

Petition them,  they can and will get banned.   you should have their names if they trained you and the gm's can take it from there.

unfortunatly on a blue server this is the only recourse you have except to leave the zone untill they are gone.

Giledorm

also don't forget to /report them if they said anything.  Logs and screenies are considered inadmissable by the judges of SOE, and report/petition is the only thing they'll look at.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Oneiromancer

Similar thing was happening on Kane Bayle in Veksar.  An anonymous Druid was pretending to "accidentally" train anyone who would hunt in the zone.  GMs wouldn't do anything because all of his text was "oh no, train, watch out" (but of course about 1 second before he hit you) and they weren't going to sit there and watch the zone for hours.  Bastard isn't there as often as he used to be but he'll still show up occasionally, making it a zone that pretty much only necros go to anymore.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hrann

There was always tons of people like this in the game.  It's one of the drawbacks to the blue servers :(  Because I had the gall to hunt in some really out of the way lpaces that weren't even any good xp, I would run into these people who were upset that you came to bother them in their quiet kiting area.

a_moss_snake_001

If they do this and do it in such a way that is 100% obviously not 'accidental' then full turnabout is fair play, log on a monk alt and train them, when they come back to try and get their corpse, train them again, repeatedly do this until they beg for you to stop. Make sure you dont say anything incriminating that can be logged.

SoE unfortunetly cant deal with these idiots so you have to. With a very large spiky stick.

Araden

I'm with a moss snake 01  on this.   I believe in petitioning for help but if none if forthcoming then you have the right to take matters into your own hands to deal with a problem.    It wasn't always like this,  but EQ has become very lawless and it's up to yourself to pack yer own heat... or just leave if you find an asswipe and don't want to deal with them.

Either way,   if sony actually had GM's that dealt with petitions reasonably promptly then I'd say there is no excuse to train someone.. but if you are being griefed and can't get help then you have the right to self defense,  so to speak.

With that said,  Personally I've never trained anyone.  But In 5 yrs of playing EQ I've only ever had 1 person that deserved a training for intentionally KS'ing my mobs repeatedly.  It was a few years ago .. back when odds of a GM being online to give help reasonably fast were not that bad.

danaconda

There really is nothing you can do. One of the things the previous posters forgot about is that ogres can worship Rallos Zek and be indifferent to Kael. This makes training them damn near impossible. You can only petition them and hope a GM can stop them.

I'm just curious about how these 2 ogres can tell when a raid force zones into Kael.... it's not like Kael is the happening place it used to be. You might want to check out who's in zone before these ogres log in and then check after they start training who isn't in the zone anymore.... maybe you can narrow it down to their mains who might be hunting there, and train them in the same manner and make sure their corpses are under the feet of the giants, so even their ogre alts can't drag them out  :twisted:
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Nekokirei

Quote from: a_moss_snake_001If they do this and do it in such a way that is 100% obviously not 'accidental' then full turnabout is fair play, log on a monk alt and train them, when they come back to try and get their corpse, train them again, repeatedly do this until they beg for you to stop. Make sure you dont say anything incriminating that can be logged.

SoE unfortunetly cant deal with these idiots so you have to. With a very large spiky stick.

Hrm...I knew there was a good reason for not deleting my monk.  Thanks moss!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm