Main Menu

56 Solo and limited play time

Started by Pugruk, July 25, 2004, 04:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pugruk

Hello all,

Looking for a place to solo at 56 with good xp. Cash and drops are not needed. I have limited play time. If I don't get an LDoN or PoP group in 15 mins, I'd like a solo spot to hit. I've got two kids also, so a place with a safe area or static spawns would be super. Please share your ideas.

Thanks

Pugruk
Drinal

Hereki

Velks zone in would work.

Jaggedpine gnolls ought to as well, there are spots past the drop off where I think you can afk.

The room of furious blackhands in Nadox also has a safe spot, in one of the wall niches, and is better exp now they changed the ZEMs.

I'd suggest one of the lower 3 boats in Dulak, but competition for camps would probably rule them out.

JillieMT

Nurga!

http://pub116.ezboard.com/fcouncilofzarchonfrm4.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

Stabber Remmy room! Settle in near the waterfall, nice and safe, and you can hunt here til 60. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gnarloth

Another place you might try is Burning Woods. There are some good safe spots to go afk if you need to, and a wide variety of mobs to hunt. Also has good plat drops and the occasional spell drop.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

Lorathir

Yet another consideration is Crypt of Nadox.

PoP stone to Gunthak, run to Nadox by going to the Fire Elemental/Lava River zone in.

Invis up - remember this is indoors and sow won't work. Lev drops too. Carry invis potions in case you need a quick refresh. Nothing I came across see's invis on your route.

Swin through the lava and exit it on the right before that small bridge. Keeping to the right wall, run straight ahead, pass the tunnel on your right and enter the tunnel infront of you. Keep going straight and you'll come to a small set of steps. Above your head is a wooden trap door. I've never figured out how to open it, I just jump straight into the air and 'pop' up above it.

You are now in the Shrine. Keep running straight ahead and you'll exit it. Before you lies a large bridge that APPEARS to have massive gaps and cracks in it. Never fear! These cracks are an illusion - you can run straight over them (no lev here remember) and you won't fall in. Trust me here. (I cannot be held responsible for plucky adventurers who try their luck by seeing if this illusion extends to the hard left or right of the bridge. You are not Indiana Jones.)

You've crossed the bridge and straight ahead of you is the back wall - you can set up here. Summon and buff etc. The tunnel you see to the left of the back wall (as you face it) leads to Torgiran Mines. Mobs are d blue there but have killer HP hit real hard and aren't worth the bother at this level.

Ok, so you've got yer Warder primed and yer all set. Pull the Shrine Bruisers you passed on the scarey bridge. There are about 6 spawns, all well spaced so single pulling is easy. Once you've cleared them, you can pull one or two from the Temple you ran through before you get repops on the bridge. The Bruisers are pure melee, mobs called Initiate's are casters - they only spawn in the Shrine. Clear the bridge then WAIT for repops until you get into a rhythm first. If the unthinkable happens and you screw this camp up, Torgiran mine zone is a short run, peppered with pathetic sobbing.

Mobs typically drop a few gold to 10plat each, more often than not 8pp. They drop the LoY version of Fine Steel weapons here really regularly so definately stock up on bags, especially wt red bags if you can. They occasionally drop vendor trash gems like Opals and Sapphires too.

The Shrine Bruisers are PH's for a named mob Spiritcharmer Hargortaz who drops Bracelet of the Spiritcharmer and Saltwater Encrusted Pauldrons. Seems to have a bit more hp than the Bruisers but pet cleric, heal, melee etc etc and he's not a problem.

No roamers, no adds and decent loot. Exp is ok, not stellar but steady. Boring as hell though!

EDIT
To get back, in the Shrine is a lever sticking up out of the ground near the wooden trap door - big and obvious, you can't miss it. Click it, door opens. Invis won't drop.

Lizbet

Can you tell me where in Burning Woods? I would like to try that zone out some more but I thought I was too high for it actually.
I have the same problem with limited play time and the more popular zones are usually camped.

Lizbet

Gizzie

I cretainly second the Velks zone in as a pretty good spot and if there is not a full camp there , I always seem to be welcome to join in , only problem can be splitting the two spawn of spider on right hand side , but that has got easier imho with the ability to zone with pet , quickly heal up then zone back in :D
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation