Main Menu

Cobalt Scar

Started by Sinedil, January 28, 2004, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinedil

Hello All,
  First time posting here so be gentle... I dinged 49 a few nights ago and have been looking for a new place to solo ever since.  I have tried The Hole entrance only to find that it has been nearly permacamped by various groups. I have considered Burning Woods but I am quite frankly tired of Kunark.  So I have turned to Velious... I read a post from another board that cobalt scar would be great experience at level 49 but they didn't leave enough info on how to get there.

Basicly, all I need is some information on traveling back in forth from Cobalt Scar. I would also like some info on faction hits that I would need to watch out for.  Thanks all!!

Sinedil Noblespirit
Barbarian Beastlord of the 49th Blizzard
Im on Brell... send me a tell!

Mindlet

Getting to CS without a port is really hard.

If you don't have a port you can book into GD run to EW, Kael, WL, Skyshrine. But you need a key to get from skyshrine to CS. You can get the key from a drake to the right of the zone in but I dunno if it would be soloable at 49. Best way is get a port from a druid or a wizard. I have heard there is a way to go through PoM now to get there but don't have any info on how to do that.

I assume you haven't worked on getting claws of veeshan faction yet? This means you will be kos with wyverns and the drakes. The wyverns aren't that much of a problem they are static and what you probably want to be killing. The drakes are a major pita. They roam and are hard to kill. If you can get non kos to cov its much nicer. You can kill wyverns in front of the drakes if non kos and they won't aggro. Also there are no faction hits from killing the wyverns except for the named one.

The otters will be non kos unless you have been killing them. There are ulthoks down on the beach as well as otters. They are probably kos to you .

Dakat

Suggestion:

Avoid Cobalt Scar for now.  Until you get your faction up.  If you are tired of Kunark and want to try Velious, I recommend going to Kael.  The giants at the entrance from Eastern Waste and Kael on Kael side are in the 40s level. They do not hit that hard and at level 65, I don't even melee them. Pet kills them rather quickly by herself.  Some are lightblue to me at 65, but rare.  At 40ish they should be just right for killing.  It's easy to move around the entrance areas of Kael. Nothing see's through invisibility until you go towards the Arena and the higher level areas. Killing all the mobs in here will increase your Faction with Thurgadin and some mobs will increase your faction with Skyshrine (Yelinak) and Claws of Veeshan.  This in turn will allow you to head to Cobalt Scar later on without worry of being attacked by the Wyrns or the Drakes.  The Drakes are real nasty at your level.  They love to dispell your sow and nuke like a 49 wizard would. Avoid them )

Sinedil

Hello again,
  From the enlightenment of faction and such I am going to try Kael...
I'm in no rush to level since I have passed all my friends by about 5 levels  :lol:

Many thanks for preventing a most likely bad experience. I shall try Cobalt Scar another day.

Sinedil Noblespirit
Barbarian Beastlord of the 49th Blizzard.

Gizzie Spaljake

Would this be a good area for me to solo at 55 with gear as in my sig, or are there too many adds to effectively solo, thanks in advance
Gizzie
Bertoxxulous
Fifty Something Var Shir Beastlord

Hereki

I think all wyverns will be light blue to you, and the othmir will be too high.  There are other mobs, but the drakes are annoying casters, same goes for the sirens, and I never tried the bulthar (sp?).

Gelcea

Quote from: MindletGetting to CS without a port is really hard.

If you don't have a port you can book into GD run to EW, Kael, WL, Skyshrine. But you need a key to get from skyshrine to CS. You can get the key from a drake to the right of the zone in but I dunno if it would be soloable at 49. Best way is get a port from a druid or a wizard. I have heard there is a way to go through PoM now to get there but don't have any info on how to do that.

I do. :)

Getting to Cobalt Scar without a port - the easy way

* PoK book to Great Divide
    * Run from PoK book to PoM castle. This is a miniature "doll's house" castle in the river at the opposite side of the zone to Thurgadin. Watch out for frost giant berserkers and the named wurm.
    * From the PoM zone-in, run straight towards the castle - don't change the direction you are facing. While running, click ahead (and slightly to the left of you). The PoM zone-out is a tree (that looks like all the other trees) but doing this will mean you hit it every time.
    * Arrive in Cobalt Scar...in the middle of the water. Swim to shore. :)[/list:u]

Now, getting out again is trickier but at least you don't need a key to zone from CS
to SS.
Gelcea Macha, wandering wolf-tamer of Tarew Marr.
"Run, wolf warrior, to hide your hunger
The rain will wash away the pains of the day
In your eyes there are cold fires burning
Tongues of flame that can never be tamed"

Dakat

Having soloed a druid around level 52 in CS, I can tell you at 49 the exp was decent when I was quading. Once I hit 52, exp dropped drastically.  I would avoid this area, if your trying for Wyrns at 55. Its not worth it exp wise.

Alerka

I don't recommend swimming in the water at CS. There are sharks, treasure chests, enchanter mermaids and all sorts of horrible things that will maul you if invis fades.

Try drinking that gate potion with mobs smacking you under water, sucks. Also, the mermaids will charm you.