Main Menu

I don't mind the small bugs

Started by Cyphen Wilder, May 19, 2004, 06:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyphen Wilder

I really dont mind the small stuff that happens with EQ.  I do know that the programming involved is huge.  However, when I can't even get pass the login screen like now with the new quick connect login all I have to say is:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Jaeren

Stop using EQwindows, it's broke now.. need to wait til either sony fixes it (not likely) or new eqw comes out (prob better chance but who knows)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Cyphen Wilder

I dont use EQW.  I was able to login with the new login once.  I logged off ate dinner and when I came back, it would not play.

Dummkopf

What new login? Did i miss something? Umm, i have to loging the same i always had.

Dummkopf

Okay i patched the new thing in. The login itself works, but i get more crashes on zoning or just windowing out now, dunno why that changed.

Jaeren

Hmm, not sure then Cyphen. I've only patched it on my 2nd computer due to the fact I find eqw handy on my main system so im holding out long as i can ;)

It's worked for me so far without a problem and i've logged in and out about 10 times, switched accounts a few times on it too.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Skanda

I've been told that if you make a backup of the prepatched eqgame.dll and eqhost.exe you can use those to copy over the new ones and get the old log on back which lets EQwindows work again. Haven't tried this myself yet because I don't want to break Eqwindows and find out it doesn't work but there's a tip for everyone if you have to patch sometime.

JillieMT

JSD will have it fixed. Even when everyone thought he was gone last time, he was on it and had it updated the same day EQ was patched.

Going to try the normal client... wish me luck... :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Oneiromancer

I noticed that the new login stuff was the same resolution as my desktop...finally, since it never was that way before.  Perhaps if you make sure your desktop is set to the same resolution as EQ, the problems will go away?  Can't hurt to try, at least.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

houbbs

I just won't patch until I have to then. On both of my computers the normal EQ game crashes when I go into their windowed mode. I get the eq.exe crash errors constantly. I never crash in EQW though, just amazes me that the idiots at Sony haven't figured that out and bought the code for it.

Cyphen Wilder

Well, went in and deleted a bunch of files and the re-ran patcher and can play again.