Main Menu

Problems 2 boxing, help please

Started by Memnarch, April 28, 2006, 02:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memnarch

Heres the problem i used to be able to box fine a few months ago then i stopped.   Downgraded my video driver (was making the game glichty).   But now i have decided to start 2 boxing more because i have more time.   So i load up my 2nd acct and bam my computer just resets it self.

Now i tried and experimented and it self resets ALOT.   Seems to only do it when i load up 2nd acct and get to the character screen.   Or win i zone a toon.   I want to start boxing more often but this self reseting is not letting me.

Read on eq fourms but no help there, i guess alot of people are having the same problems. Something to do with nvidea video card and the big oow patch.   Going to use the lastest drivers and hope that works.   Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Taiglin

How much ram do you have and have you tried opening a case and pointing a fan on it. I think those are top of the more common issues people have.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Memnarch

Well i updated my drivers and it seems to work agian.   Mind you i camped my cleric in mpg last night and ran my beast there today.   Loaded cleric up and no crash.. but we never zoned once both toons in mpg.   And i didn't know mpg was like 7% aa duo xp, pretty nice, but damn mobs run too much heh have to get a snaring class.

I only have 512 ram (i know it sucks hehe) and i feel my tower and its not hot.   Going to try to zone my toons some day soon and see if i keep crashing or maybe updating my drivers really fixed the problem, i will see thanks for reply sir.

recoil silverclaws

you defently need more ram to two box effectivly heh i went from 512 to 1gig and have no problem two boxen on the same comp with 1 gig of ram. allso you can down load a program called wineq thats mad for multy boxen on one comp it helps with the way the two programs are runing and allso you can set it up so you just hit one key to switch back and forth between the two accnts google wineq its a free down load no charge hope this info helps =)
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Memnarch

Yeah i have been wanting to get more ram, just been putting it off.   I updated my drivers to what sony suggest 81.85 (i think heh) and  my comp don't reset no more.   Thanks for all your guy's advice, now i just need a spot to get some gear and aa's for my 70 box cleric.

Araden

Nvidea and EQ issues are one of the reasons I stuck with ATI.

I have a P4 2.4 ghrz with 128mb 8xagp nvidea geforce fx5200 card.  1 gig 333mhrz ram in it on 2 sticks of ram.  I was unable to 2 box without crashing constantly as well, even after updating drivers.  However,I ran across a post though that had a few steps you could set on the vertex shader setttings to solve the issue.

My main problem now though is due to those changes, I get serious movement issues in some zones such as RSS (I can barely move in RSS though i have no delay on casting).  It does allow me 2box though with the puter.  It's not my primary puter anymore so I don't really sweat it, but I use ATI in my primary computer and have had no issues now with the 2 ati cards I've put in it (upgraded older ati card with newer one for more performance).

2 gigs and an ati x700 256mb card off a P4 3.0 ghrz with pci-16e bus and I can 4box without lag in PoK on my new puter =)  All without breaking the bank equipment wise.  total cost about $1,100 which would have been less if I'd built it myself but I didn't, I ordered a Dell and then upgraded from stock.