Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graace

hehe if our weapon caps get upped with the next patch... I hope it's not going to be too much of a pain to calculate all the new dps infos :P
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

Coprolith

Sept 14 Update:

- New skill caps for 1hb, 1hp and 2HB implemented. With todays patch the pre-65 caps for these weapon skills have been upped to 250. Since all caps are now the same, this actually makes things a bit easier. You no longer have to give separate ATK values (I'm assuming you're all going to work on increasing these skills tout suite  :wink: ).
Of course behind the scenes i had to cut considerably, but i think everything checks ok. If you find any errors please let me know.
- A few new weapons added.

-------------------

About OoW.

I expect there'll be significant changes in weapon rankings because of the level increase in OoW. To name a few
- damage bonus changes
- increased skill caps: weapon, offense and dualwield
- Possible increase in damage table
- Some new AAs
and of course the level increase will affect hitratios and resist rates as well.

When to expect an update: no clue, possibly never

I am currently on a "sabbatical" from EQ, and i don't plan to return anytime soon, unless SoE pushes those nifty parse mobs from beta to the live servers. Until then i'll have to rely on input from others to work out precisely how the changes affect damage output.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Coprolith

Elder Coprolith III

Shrouded

I'm getting that the .zip file is invalid or corrupted.  Anyone else getting this?
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Coprolith

Repeatedly? Its downloading, opening and extracting just fine at my end.
Perhaps the file just got corrupted during download in your case.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Katsandra

Oneiromancer

I probably won't really use a new version until the AAs are updated...but I should point out that the hover text for the ATK value still states that 1hb/2hb is ~ 67 lower than h2h.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Coprolith

I have an 'experimental' new version online. It is my first attempt at incorporating player level (all the way to level 70). You'll see two new additions to the sheet:
- an input box on the statsnskills sheet where you can enter your toons level
- a whole new sheet with 2HB damage bonuses as a function of weapon delay and level. Im not entirely sure if the post 65 bonuses are correct, Lucy shows new db's when you display weapon stats at levels above 65, tho they havent updated their table yet. If you find any discrepancies, please send me a pm.

So far, player level only affects two things
- when changing player level, all damage bonuses should be automatically updated throughout the entire worksheet.
- resist rates of weapon procs now depend on the difference between player level and mob level.

What is not affected yet are
- hitratios. Mob level has been implemented for a long time, but hitratios are still calculated as if you were a lvl 65 beastlord with 250 weapon skills
- dw rate. This should go up post 65 as well, which would affect #swings/sec.
- Improved damage tables.

What this means is that in principle the calculator is accurate @L65 only. The further above 65 you get, the more melee dps will be underestimated, and the further below 65 you get the more it will be overestimated. As of yet i can't really say how bad the error gets for non-L65 beastlords. With increased hitratio, dw rate and damage table melee dps might be underestimated by as much as 15%. It'll take extensive parsing before these changes can be implemented tho.

For this reason i have not yet updated the link in the original post. However if you feel inclined to do a bit of bug-testing for me (there have already been some considerable changes behind the scenes after all, so i prolly missed a few bugs) or if you're simply curious how the increased damage bonuses affect weapon rankings, you can download the experimental version here. Otherwise, keep using the link in the original post.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Kanan

Coprolith.. just one thing:  You kick ass!! I love this tool you've made us.  Look forward to seeing how well this latest incarnation turns out.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Quinnotetiquan

Just a suggestion, you think you could factor in the DPS added to the pet proc weapons when the AAs Warder's Fury and Warder's Alacrity are purchased?

Coprolith

QuoteJust a suggestion, you think you could factor in the DPS added to the pet proc weapons when the AAs Warder's Fury and Warder's Alacrity are purchased?

Nope. They are irrelevant to weapon dps. They add exactly the same regardless of whether you're using a rusty knife or Handwraps of Ownage. If you want to know what these AAs do for you, use Tastian's excellent AA calculator, stickied in the AA discussion forum.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

tricky1971

I've followed your posts across a couple of boards Coprolith and I have to say thanks!

Awesome work!

I hope your sabbatical is short lived.

Suut - Beastlord of Kara

Coprolith

I have a very big update on the level-dependent dps calculator, which can be downloaded thru this link only. Hopefully this wil the last update of it and then the level dependent version will replace the regular one altogether. Before i say another however first a huge THANK YOU to Tastian. T has been parsing like mad since OoW's release and without his help this new version never would have made it.

Whats new?
- dualwield rates up to level 70 are now in and verified.
- hitratio is now calculated as a function of player and mob level. This data has been verified between L49 and L70.
- no significant change was found in the n vs ATK relation at L70 compared to L65. Essentially this has been left unchanged, except that the effect of skill caps on ATK has been incorporated. Thats a change behind the scenes, you still need to enter your ATK rating as always, but internally ATK is now properly split up into 'damage' and 'to hit' rating
- The OoW AAs Fury of Magic and Veteran's Wrath havebeen added. Since FoM is an extension of SCF, it has been combined with the SCF dropdown box in the same way as CF and FotA are.
- made several corrections that we're pm'ed over the past few weeks. Also updated the help notes ( :wink: Oneiromancer)
- Added bunch of new OoW weapons, including the new Epic 1.5. The proc characteristics you see in the sheet is special. This is not a weapon proc but a pet proc. Pets proc much more often then we do, but the proc rate is not affected by Weapon Affinity. In the sheet however it will be affected by WA. There's no way around that, i won't change the entire working of the sheet because of one weapon. The proc damage listed is an effective DD equivalent, based on 1/10ths uptime and pets proccing, on average 3x as often as we do

Best results with the new version are obtained between L60 and L70. Below 60, damage tables do go down noticeably. All is not lost however, as a weapon ranking system the sheet is certainly usable down to L49. And since i never bothered to enter the hundreds of gimp weapons that a L49- beastlord might still be using that's sufficient for me.

Anyways, its bugtesting time. So please download this new version, play around with it and report back any bugs or abnormalities you might find. If you're math and/or Excel savvy, feel free to hit ALT-F11 and browse thru the code as well. Questions and comments are welcome as always.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Quinnotetiquan

Not sure you understand what i was talking about in my previous post. When I purchased Warder's Fury and Alacrity the pets that came from my Savage Platinum Fists started flurrying and criting along with my warder. I know it only applies to 2 weapons (Savage Platlnum Fists and Hammer of the Timeweaver), but I was thinking maybe you could factor in the added proc DPS these AAs give when using these weapons

Tastian

This has been gone over in other threads, but SPF pets gain from the AA just like your normal pet would.  Take however much dps your pet is currently doing in your situation and add on however much is appropriate for your current ranks of WF/WA.  That is to say that...

SPF pets = 15dps
WF = rank 2
WA = rank 3

Then you have 15(spf dps) * 1.013(WF2) * 1.048(WA3) ~15.92

The boost from pet AAs isn't huge by any means and SPF pets only do ~15dps anyway.  *shrugs*