Main Menu

Heres a little Draniks scar info for yall

Started by XervIxx, September 24, 2004, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XervIxx

Since other posts have been very vague at best

Once you turn in your letter to the elders to the iksar guy at neg590 pos 50 in draniks scar (his name is in other thread, i forget it right at the moment), that triggers the griplan event

The main griplan guy spawns with what i could tell, 11 adds, griplan spiritminions - to get to event spot> from the turn in guy, follow the west  wall to the North, a litle ways down you will see a big rock by some trees at loc p260 p155 with the named on top of it and the minions all around him

the blue con adds hit for about 656, and as mentioned in the other thread, all are tethered, fully slowable but unsnareable (the one i tried)--about the same hp as the other mobs weve met along the way--NOTE i am speaking here of the minions, not the named himself

The named himself is level 70, I have no info on him as I did not feel like dying since it was just me and my druid bot

I know a few other people have made it past this point but so far the information is not forthcoming. Hopefully if they used the information as gathered here at any point they will realize it is appropriate to likewise share their progress.Only IF they did it all on their own without any info from any other source, more power to them, and we can only hope they are generous.

If i do not have to start epic all over ( i did turn in to go ahead and learn something-I am now trying to figure out if i can pick it back up somewhere, Elder Muada is no help it appears so heading back to jaggedpine with a prayer in my heart) then i will be taking a group to this tomorrow hopefully and will be able to post more info unless someone else fills in the remaining holes on this event

Happy Epic'ing
Xerv
70 Wildblood of xev
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=828787

Raulin
66 druid slave of Xev

Vrex Aeternus
65 necrofarmer of Xev

Deiadrox

The add mobs dont hit as hard as you stated, they are level 65 and can be harmonied.  We harmonied the adds around him and pulled the name + one add.  I could easily tank the name with a shaman healer, and he didnt seem to have that many hps, i just had a pal/war/shm/rang/ench/me and the name died fast.

Loot the essence and walk out of the tether range.  Hand the essence in to the iksar and read the text.

XervIxx

well, ok, but its still on my screen at the moment, but then  /shrug, max damage can be varied by numerous factors

I will restate that they hit ME at 656, although they may not have hit you for that amount if that clarifies it in a more pleasing manner, although I find it odd given the difference in our magelos that they hit you for less, maybe the mobs vary in what they can do

The fact that you were able to tank the lvl 70 named with a shammy healer is just the type of info i think people would be wanting, so thank you
Xerv
70 Wildblood of xev

Raulin
66 druid slave of Xev

Vrex Aeternus
65 necrofarmer of Xev

XervIxx

verified-should you attempt this event and fail, simply return to  Rashara Wrualla in jaggedpine and go through the text with her once again and you are right back in position to re-do (thank goodness)
Xerv
70 Wildblood of xev

Raulin
66 druid slave of Xev

Vrex Aeternus
65 necrofarmer of Xev

janabell

i jus did it with the help of 3 other beast lords and a shm/clr box

took us about 45 min to figur out how to kill him ferst we tryed pulling the adds useing pet to pull so thay were single but thay run on low helth and then just leashed back to spawn.

the agro range was verry smalll and after palying around with it we found the best way was to pet pull then named just out side of the agro range and then when he stated to run he ran into all of hes adds with with good heals we were able to kill him befor for the adds got us and loot right fast.

we did this 3x the ferst 2 tiems went ok but we lost the 1 beast and the clr/shm box on the 3rd try but still got the loot.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Henathu

This ultimately was not that hard. We set up along the zone wall south of the spawn point. As stated, the named is on a rock with adds surrounding him. I initially moved in and kept the pet on a leash just to determine the tether distance. There is a reasonable area within the tether but that is out of aggro range of the mobs. Harmony can work well, and we used that to pull several singles on one side so that we could get closer to the named. We tried several things over 40 minutes to get the named single. The wizard tried kiting and I would try and aggro the named. We kept getting adds with it.

What finally worked was to park the pet in that no-man's land between aggro range and the tether distance on a small rise to the SE. I moved to the west a bit and cast slow on the named. I then walked backwards slowly and sent the pet on him. We also had the wizzie stun him while near the pet. Bang we had a single and the rest tethered off of me. I was able to tank just fine with a shammy healer. He has a bunch of hps, but once slowed, he was gimp.
Wildblood
Henathu Stormwatcher 70th Beastlord of Luclin Server and Proud Member of <Sheep>

Warderr

Can someone explain the term "tether" and how it applies to strategy? I'm unfamiliar with this.

Warderr N'Wolfie
58 BST of The Nameless
<The Fools Republic>

Henathu

Imagine that you have a bungee cord attached around your waist. The other end of the cord is attached to a pole. When you run away from it, there is only so far you can go away from it before you are going to get pulled back. This is the way tethering is. Some mobs can only run a certain distance from their spawn point before they will warp back to their spawn point. This is to prevent trains and to also make some encounters more difficult since you can't efficiently fd pull in such a situation. The warping has several effects. It can and usually does reset their aggro. It also makes them think they aren't being attacked, so they can regen up to 100% instantly. By tethering, I mean that I am keeping aggro on me and then moving slowly backward to outside their tether range. Thus, then they warp back to spawn. The key with this encounter is to either paci/harmony the mobs except the named or to get him to aggro on something while still within his tether range. This way you can get the other mobs to warp back to their spawn points, but you are fighting the named outside the other mobs aggro range (which is very small in this fight). The other key to tethering is when they move to flee at 10% or so. You have to be ready to nuke it before it hits it's tether point or it will warp back to the spawn point and be at 100%.
Wildblood
Henathu Stormwatcher 70th Beastlord of Luclin Server and Proud Member of <Sheep>

Urim

Easier fight then i thought (fairly well geared so take it with a grain of salt). Did it today with me + mag + bot cleric. Mage used pet to pet pull the named. Ended up getting named + 2 adds, killed named looted and leashed the adds.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Sigrah

As I said in another post, did this 2 boxing.  At first I tried to harmony and simply pull one minion at a time.  The named has a shorter tether being further back, so wasn't too hard to pull a single minion.  However, upon slaying the first minion, it instantly respawned another in it's place (meaning, there's no way to permanently clear the minions).

So, I took some time to figure out the tether distance I could go without having the named go back home as well as figure out how to get no more than one add.  With practice, I figured out which minion to pull so that I only got that minion and the named (using harmony of course) and figured out a safe fighting distance without having the named go home.  

One tip I can't stress enough: make sure when you find the safe fighting distance you adjust for pet push.  Your pet will ultimately be pushing him out of tether range (he'll go home if that happens), or worse, into the minion circle (all his friends agro).  /pet hold is your friend here, it'll let you adjust so that you can either walk him back a little to your safe fighting distance or melee him there.  Then, you can have your pet attack again till you need to re-adjust (assuming he doesn't die first).

The bonus to fighting one minion and the Spiritleech simultaniously: The Spiritleech didn't attempt to run at low health, so I didn't have to worry about him running beyond his tether range and warping back to his spawn point.  I only had to make sure that I and my pet didn't knock him beyond his tether range while also keeping his friend's agro high enough on me to ignore my Druid's healing spells.  I hope this helps in the long run.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Kebrarn

Quote from: SigrahThe bonus to fighting one minion and the Spiritleech simultaniously: The Spiritleech didn't attempt to run at low health, so I didn't have to worry about him running beyond his tether range and warping back to his spawn point.  I only had to make sure that I and my pet didn't knock him beyond his tether range while also keeping his friend's agro high enough on me to ignore my Druid's healing spells.  I hope this helps in the long run.
This made all the difference for me.  Last night I tried it just getting it solo and while it worked for a bit the teather range is very low and if you moved all it just warped back.  So fighting 2 seemed to be the way to go.  

Found a random shaman and we attempted to do the fight.  Worked fairly well with 2 mobs and the teather range seems increased with more than 1 mob.  This really seems to be the way to do it.
Wildcaller Kebrarn  ~ 70th Wildblood
The Folk of Fennin Ro

Lyrikel

Anyone know the respawn on Yerika Sisslak?  He's not at loc in DS and I'm just guessing that someone might have killed him.  So far I've been waiting for 30 mins.

Lyrikel

Tarsq

When I did this fight after about 20 mins 8 of the adds despawned and I just had my botted Cleric pacify the other 3 and pulled him single. Can fight pretty close to his teather point this way.  If you do fight him solo he will run at ~15 health(immune to snare/root), which is bad if he runs out of his teather length.
Tarsq of Test

Sigrah

Quote from: LyrikelAnyone know the respawn on Yerika Sisslak?  He's not at loc in DS and I'm just guessing that someone might have killed him.  So far I've been waiting for 30 mins.

Lyrikel

Two hours give or take
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Ukator Iceblood

*sighs* The bug got me, the one that took away OoW and nocked me down to 65. So I sit waiting to be popped back up, and do this fight. Only 2 more togo:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony