Main Menu

Heres a little Draniks scar info for yall

Started by XervIxx, September 24, 2004, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xennova

1From what direction were you pulling that nasty mofo from to get only 1 add...
2-how hard do those 2 hit for can a around 8k hp bst fight him with a bst-cleric-wizard
3- when we pull him how near can we go from other before they agro back?

Moffett

1) you pull from the north side. Tehre is one girplan who is out a bit in front of named. Pacify ones around him. Then pull that single one.

2) They hit for around 650ish. Easier than the sphinxes. Fight near the wall I got adds and wiped because I fought to far away from wall. Yes.

3) Test it by tethering them. Only way to explain it.

One further note, because I died in the fight (only a few db mobs in the zone and one happened to add at just the wrong moment) I had a while before I took a second shot. After about 30 mins most of the other spiritminions despawned leaving the 2 the one I was fighting + named and 1 extra.

Javier

After trying a few different tactics, I found the easiest way was to have an SK pet pull the named from the rock and fight it in the middle zone between tether distance and minion aggro range.  Named came single and we burned him down before he could get to his buddies.

Xennova

yepper what i did hehe pet pull then burn

Grymlok

Same here, just did it, first time experimenting with pet pull... entirely too easy.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Carragh

I was scouting out the scene here, and Yerika Sisslak was standing next to me... and then despawned!  So make note that this one isn't always up.  :|
Feralkin Carragh Vonderewignacht
[70 Wildblood] of <Fire and Fury>
Firiona Vie

Helspawn

Finished this kill Saturday night with 2 groups.  Had my guild chanter use the charm method and never had a re-pop.  Killed him pretty easy.  Now I'm ready for my final battle.

Rykusx

Did this (Mar  14 / 2006), and here's my experience with it:

Attemped this with 6 people - elemental / time geared w/ lots of DoD gear thrown in - 12k (buffed) paladin, 2 druids, enchanter, mage and myself.

We went slowly at first, thinking we had all the time in the world and were testing out tether range - we managed to kill 5 before repops started popping back, which we were not prepared for.  And fast - we were timing them at approximately every 20 minutes.

At this point we called in a few reinforcements; a cleric, a ranger, and another mage and chanter box. With two chanters it went somewhat smoother, still had lots of resists and were able to get down to 1 mob + named when we got our first repop.

Instead of having to deal with repops again, we charged named and burned him down - we had chanters charm the two normal mobs for a little added DPS. Spirit Leacher's HP dropped slowly, as we hadn't killed all the mobs - it just seems they help him regen HP. Fight took maybe 4-5 minutes, 1 death from when charm broke on one of the normal mobs at the end.

It wasn't at all how I expected it to go, nor prepared for, but in the end we pulled out a win and that's all that counts =)

Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Tarlaan

I just did this fight the other night with 8 people.  The other bst that was with us was very suprised when we pulled named with no adds but could not get the named to drop in health very fast.  We ended up pulling all the adds....2 at a time...and killed them all....named dropped within 2 minutes of being pulled.  Pretty easy fight just a pain waiting for yerika to spawn.  Had 1 tank, 2 bst, 2 cleric, 1 sk, and 2 rogues.  DPS is the answer here.

Nusa

The stuff dated 2004 is outdated info....originally it was possible to single-pull the name and not mess with the minions at all. It was possible to do with as few two people (a higher-end bst and a cleric). But it got changed so the named was virtually unkillable until a certain number of minions were killed, as you discovered. The named hits harder now than it used to also.

Purrdey

I did this last night and we couldn't do any damage to the named until we'd killed all the minions.
Also the named was yellow to lvl 70.

Only problem was that Yerika had despawned by the time we'd killed everything and he's not there today either   :?

Nusa

Check back in two hours then. Yerika is 2 hours up, 2 hours down, spawn/despawn times not affected by turnins.