Main Menu

Can you compare the DDA to the 68.3 boss?

Started by Taiglin, January 18, 2006, 02:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

Granted the two events are very different in context but wondered if you could draw a line between a group that could handle the 68.3 boss and how you would stack up against the 1.5 final fight. That said, in my case the 68.3 group would be the core of the raid with the rest of the guild toons not quite as well equipped with some bots in the mix; looking at 3 groups total.

The DDA's warders are tethered now?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kanan

less than a month ago, I saw a small raid take on this fight.  imo, they did it bass-ackwards, killing the warders before the DDA, but /shrug.  They'd pulled them up to the level up the stairs.  If they tether, its a lot longer range than that.... and frankly, I don't see em making it that stupid easy either.  Sorta defeats the purpose of the lore imo.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

I did my epic fight around x'mas last year. To be honest, these 2 fights are, really like you've said, very different...

DDA fight is about pulling / spliting / CCing, while 68.3 boss is all about tankage, and the right timing of disc'ing.

Melee-wise, 68.3 boss >>>>>>>...>>>>>>>> DDA.

DDA hits for around 1500, which with fast healing even a tank under 10k/2k can tank it. And with all the avoidance/shielding stuff a tank can get nowadays from DoDh, it is probably even easier.
However, 68.3 boss need a good practice of timing on using the disc; when he is under 20% (or 30%? I forget) he hits up to 3.2k and remember he is unslowable (not sure this is changed tho). You need to tell your tank(s) when to use riposte instead of defensive/evasive before things go wrong...

Just for the record, I did DDA fight with an anguish group (excluding myself  :-D) and 1 out-group anguish ranger... pretty easy fight, even we were not splitting DDA with warders well - DDA came with 3x warders. However for 68.3 boss we were having a hard time even with an anguish group (not the same characters tho) - tank went down before he knew what happened, then monk started to taunt the boss and went riposte. Monk went down after the riposte disc faded and 1 round of healing, and I hit protective and won the mission with 13% hp left  :roll: was quite a suprise we didn't wipe lol
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Dancolen

The strategy is either get DDA single, or kill the warders first... I dont see why you wouldnt kill the warders first.

Warder have less than 10% of DDA's max hp.
Burn it down in 30 sec or less.... one cleric and tank to use on named more than had.

AOE rampage on DDA still is a pain, but hes not too hard with good dps and curse removal.

If youre really really having it rough cause of the warders.... and can afford a wipe, you can focus solely on them at first and should be able to kill them all if you had any chance of beating DDA anyway.  Then rez/rebuff before the 1hour timer expires, and kill DDA solo.

We considered this an option for a while, but ultimately found ways of splitting DDA with a bard....  He usually comes solo or with 1-2 pets now, and we beat him down.

Very first times we did it, when DDA only had like 4x the HP of the warders, we would go for DDA first while offtanking, but those times we did it in his room.  A couple almost wins there.

Then the patch came that upped the pets to 1k and flurry/ramp, and DDA got 2.5x more HP making his HP 10x that of the warders, and it has been warders first from then on.  Unless they don't come, they die first.

Stumps_Bertox

Are DDA/Warders tethered now? I did my 1.5 fight back in June or July and I was able to split DDA to zone in
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Sariss Bloodscale

I fought DDA at the zone-in a few weeks ago.  If they're tethered, it's a long tether, as the first few times he brought all his buddies with him.

Taiglin

When we did my fight the DDA was at the round room right off the zone in and his warders were in the valley right outside of his tunnel. They did not add.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]