Main Menu

Elidroth--Asked us to notify CL about new AA ideas

Started by Mordeb42, July 08, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhaug

and of course a fix of the thirdspire, turn that into a real dps spire and not something to laugh about.
first spire can have also a increase to the damage each hit, since we dont have all double attacks, so we do less hits which gives us less added damage in total.

passive dps added

full double attack rating or a highly increased double attack rate.
more tripe atack added
increased passive pet dps(our pet is a joke in dps terms)

new aa abilities

vengeance of the warder

a new dps pet that is on a 5 min timer and deals out devastating damage for about 15 to 20 seconds seconds stack with howl

claw of the beast a deatly strike on the weak spot of the target that does 5 a 6k damage and ability to crit

beastial weaponmaster
weapon proc aa
that gives us a beastial proc that procs 1500 ro 2k damage  on a weapon with chance to crit with right aa
we learned in the jungle how to make a weapon extra deathly so it procs beastly:)
like a 30 min timer on the spell as a buffslot.

a aa line that allows us to ignore nuke refreshers for a limited time.
so the poison and 2 cold nukes can be shooted double  (burst dps increased)
or shortens the refresh time for a good amount of duration
so we can quikly bomb the mob.

as utility a aa that equips our pets with a good armour set haste mask and weapons
(tired of asking mages)

Camikazi

Quote from: rhaug on July 17, 2009, 04:31:27 PM
and of course a fix of the thirdspire, turn that into a real dps spire and not something to laugh about.

I never laugh at third spire... I just never speak of it, for it makes me sad.

Kanan

Quote from: Camikazi on July 17, 2009, 05:36:40 PM
Quote from: rhaug on July 17, 2009, 04:31:27 PM

I never laugh at third spire... I just never speak of it, for it makes me sad.

/nod.. i had such high hopes for it.. but they were dashed upon the stones of the parses.. don't stack with shm 3rd spire either, meanwhile burning the timer too ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Quoteah its like making a deal
the seller starts a bid higher so he can go down and still get a good deal
and the buyer starts a bit lower and can go up a bit.

Bad analogy, since there's no actual negotiation. The reality is that you send your ideas down a black hole and find out in November (or via beta-leaks) what you got.

Hzath

If we want to burn harder we need to try and get things that stack with what we have.  An activated AA that also comes with a heavy endurance cost.  There are a few options that would stack with emp fury - increased crit strength (like savage spirit), hundred hands effect ( I think rogue's fury has this?), increased crit rate, I could be missing others but those are the big ones in my mind.

Another option for the activated AA type discipline, frenzied feral attacks, like rogue's frenzied stabbing but for our feral swipe.  Stack it with Emp fury for lots of those big strikes for 30 seconds or whatever.

On the spell damage side of things something like frenzied devastation/prolonged destruction - Increased mana cost for nukes in exchange for increased crit chance.

A new idea the AA puts a "buff" on you that would make the yowl line always give us the 4 proc, the "buff" would also have something like a 500/tick mana drain and 500/tick health drain.  Make it last a minute and give us the option of clicking it off if we want to stop the burn.  Make the health/mana drains on the SE buff slots so there aren't other conflicts, another detrimental side effect would obviously be kicking off SE.

Also, since we're not in agreement about the Spell Casting Subtlety idea, why don't we just shoot for silent casting.  I understand it isn't an instacast 5k hate reducer with 12second refresh you all think we deserve, but it's something already in game that wouldn't suck and would at least be somewhat useful.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Zunar

Hmm, how about an activated 20% agro reducing AURA that makes melee and spells around it get reduced agro?
This would be a nice utility for us, cuz we'd earn a spot in the melee dps group, and we could choose to not use it too when we don't want to.

jitathab

Its very easy to burn harder.

New AA to unlink the limitations by spell type nerf that was reversed for some classes. Reduce reuse time on ice and poison nukes from 30 to 20 to 10 to zero.

Results is we get more ranged dps on some mobs, can mana dump on some mobs, can increase dps on trash clearing, actually post better parses on short fights, like most are.
Just like before the spell link nerf.

HOwever the argument hasnt been about more dps, its the case our utility is getting worse and for years no one at SOE will address it, so DPS is all thats left and doable for them it seems.

Prime example Fero.

Panthur

Improving ranks of empathic fury to be on par of usefulness of frenzied burnout could be an option.  Growl line is weak and not realy used for dps, more like ghetto heal over time abvility :(

Kanan

I really like several of the ideas Hzath presented.  Silent casting would be the simplest thing to add that would aid in agro reduction for the "scrum" fights.

I also really like Zunar's aura idea.  Again, fairly simple to implement, and it's essentially toggle-able.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Razimir

Quote from: Hzath on July 30, 2009, 12:07:26 PM
Also, since we're not in agreement about the Spell Casting Subtlety idea, why don't we just shoot for silent casting.  I understand it isn't an instacast 5k hate reducer with 12second refresh you all

As I suggested few pages ago. How ever it should be modified one which affects on melee skills aswell.

-Raz

rhaug

full double attack rating and strong triple attack for personal passive dps
we want to be back in the dps top.

new yowl pet on different timer like RS from mages. yowl can do much more damage then it does at the moment RS seems a good alternative in the form of a new wild animal that does devastating damage
and stacks with yowl, also make yowl and rs instant cast
2 pets will help in dps

a extra poison nuke that stacks with our other 3 nukes. and upper the damage on existent cold and poison nukes
burst dps:)

new dps pet aa, and a fix of our pet make it comparable to mages air pet, as dps and tankability.

a deathly weapon proc beastial proc 3k with chance to crit we are in tune with out weapons so it becomes deathly over 5 minutes, high procchances
a extra way of showing we are a deathly beastlord and master of the hth

new way of dropping aggro each 20 seconds, a real boost.

a new dps groupdisc with 100 procent damage increase for whole group
people need to want us in there group again since we bring something special!

how you think we come back in the dps top?
what aa you want?

Inphared

Quote from: rhaug on August 01, 2009, 09:18:45 PM

new yowl pet on different timer like RS from mages. yowl can do much more damage then it does at the moment RS seems a good alternative in the form of a new wild animal that does devastating damage
2 pets will help in dps

a extra poison nuke that stacks with our other 3 nukes. and upper the damage on existent cold and poison nukes

new dps pet aa, and a fix of our pet make it comparable to mages air pet, as dps and tankability.

a deathly weapon proc beastial proc 3k with chance to crit we are in tune with out weapons so it becomes deathly over 5 minutes, high procchances

what aa you want?

Quite possibly the most uneducated and poorly thought out post I've ever read.

Camikazi

Quote from: Inphared on August 01, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: rhaug on August 01, 2009, 09:18:45 PM

2 pets will help in dps

what aa you want?

Quite possibly the most uneducated and poorly thought out post I've ever read.

They are his ideas, and check out the ranger version of this thread, everything from Impenetrable disc, multiple defensives, huge amount of way over the top DPS AAs, even asking for a disc like our protective spirit, even saw them wanting a spell that does dmg and returns the dmg as a heal to them (SK lifetap). This thread is nothing compared to other classes ones, here there are people who try to stay within what the class is, other ones don't care and ask for everything they can and get supported on most all of it.

I have a feeling that the asking of everything and hoping what you get is good is what let other classes give devs idea for things they get, and maybe shooting down the things some don't consider Beastly might be why we lack in some places now. An idea might not be great but it can give a jump off point for anyone and can turn into something good for our class,  and attacking ideas (bad or not) could just stop someone from posting for fear of the same thing.

rhaug

it seems we arent a support group, thanks inphared its easy to critisize.
what ideas you have for increased dps?

i ask for real dps aa, its not that they will give all these new aa to us.
anyway i ask for things i like to get.

not for something small that i dont want to have.

we asked for small things over the years and dropped down on the dps table and groupability.
where other classes got cool new aa and dps abilities, we slacked a bit with new stuff.

Karve

We really don't slack badly in DPS though, where does that idea come from ? I'm not the most leet Bst on the server but I can certainly maintain a good level of DPS, upping it slightly would be "nice" but not essential.

Places we do slack are in defensives against SoD mobs, both us and the pet.
Gone are the days of standing back and playing pet-cleric, and that was part of the original "vision".
We lack in utility where we're being left far behind, spells stagnating because of no updates, mobs increasing in power where we don't increase in power proportionately (unless our balancing is done on maximum gear available rather than average.

The pet should be able to stand and take a beating, it doesn't have to hammer through mobs like an air pet as long as it can stand there and park a mob with the odd heal thrown in.

After that, *anything* is fair game to ask for for AA's, every other class asks for the moon on a stick, why don't we? Maybe we are too sensible, and what little we ask for isn't given as we just don't ask for enough to have the ridiculous stuff thrown out.

perhaps it is time we demanded FD just to ensure we get endurance regen and fero auras added ?

Time to slam my head in a fire door again.

Professional Mad Bastard.