Main Menu

Elidroth--Asked us to notify CL about new AA ideas

Started by Mordeb42, July 08, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

sign me up for "moon on a stick" whats it do?

I also want "nuke from orbit" A single use large damage AE spell that kills the bst and inflicts a whole load of hurt.

Rumour has it there is going to be like 4 spells per class, and some AA. A lot of power comes with levels, and some dps comes with skill cap increase.

So 4 spells, we could be looking at 2 x DPS spells, e.g. nukes, swarms, temporary dps multiplier, and 2 utility, cures, heals, buffs.

Would like to see another warder that can tank well, some decent group dps multiplier, big boost in healing, and a second lesser line of poison nukes.

Sharrien

I don't think we are slacking in dps either.  Sure we could always use a boost here or there, but it is not a fundamental weakness of our class.  Last week I broke 5k dps on the Mining Behemoth during a backflagging run and I don't even have any crystallos or SoD weapon yet.  I did not use 7th vet on that run.

The areas that in my opinion could use a boost:

- warder off-tanking survivability
- healing/curing
- paragon falling too far behind mana/hp pools
- warder dps
- group buffs
- an aura (fero aura would be the bomb)
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

Quote from: Sharrien on August 03, 2009, 02:03:02 PM
- an aura (fero aura would be the bomb)

where the aura is more than just stupid attack/resist buff.  I like idea in other thread about it being a special attack mod (kick, frenzy, etc).  I think mebbe a +backstab modifier before their other modifiers may be a bit much, but /shrug.. dunno how that much effect any +BS does for their dps.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

They could code it like first spire, where it adds a set amount of damage to teh backstab.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Panthur

I agree that our personal dps is ok for now.  But our other half, the dreaded pet, is slacking baadly. As are our buffs/utility, asuming we are to be in that line as god knows what the idea of bsts are suposed to be these days.

We have slid down the scale as beast lords badly in beastlordly retards, with our pet the biggest, most obvious, hurt.

Kanan

Quote from: Khauruk on August 03, 2009, 03:35:12 PM
They could code it like first spire, where it adds a set amount of damage to teh backstab.

/chuckle.. git outa my head doommit! ;p  Actually had that thought, but took it out of post as I was typing.  Suppose it wouldn't be that bad to have it be +frenzy/bs/kick, etc in that same vein.  And, best of all, it would be upgradable, since it's a flat amount, rather than a %, like the poor healing adept line.

Khauruk

Exactly, and it matches what the developers like nowadays, which is flat dps increases vs. multiplicative stuff.  Tunability is there between rk 1, 2, 3.  Rk1 needs to be non-faction locked, since our most important spells are all faction locked now.  Rk. 2 dropped preferably, or faction locked if it's a big upgrade.  rk3 needs to be seriously tuned to be worthwhile for raiders.  Duration should be increased as well.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hzath

I like the flat amount of damage added per swing like all the spires, it's not a % upgrade so they could balance it well.  A +damage amount to the special attacks as well would be a nice bonus.  I wanna echo that Rk. III would need to be a serious upgrade to the others to be worthwhile for getting raiders in DPS groups, a flat dps increase scales like crap from the raiding to the grouping game.

It's more of a spell or an aura idea, but I think we should really fight for something like this.

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Karve

I have to say an aura would be the way to go, currently we're aura-less and this would be the dog's danglies.

I'd be very keen to see the pet get *alot* more defensives .. still. but thats not aa's (although it may be possible) but fixing the broken part since the last expansion and then working on it would be better.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Kanan

Quote from: Karve on August 04, 2009, 01:14:44 PM
be the dog's danglies.

/offtopic

I've never heard that expression before.  It's really hard not to bust out laughing loud here at work right now ;p

Grbage

Quote from: rhaug on August 02, 2009, 09:18:19 AM
it seems we arent a support group, thanks inphared its easy to critisize.
what ideas you have for increased dps?

i ask for real dps aa, its not that they will give all these new aa to us.
anyway i ask for things i like to get.

not for something small that i dont want to have.

we asked for small things over the years and dropped down on the dps table and groupability.
where other classes got cool new aa and dps abilities, we slacked a bit with new stuff.

There's a huge problem with asking for DPS upgrades, our dps is pretty decent as is and that's all the devs see in these threads. The last several years they have boosted our dps over and over while letting the pet and our utility side wither away. I personally would like to see those two aspects boosted while letting our dps stagnate a bit.

The class was never designed to be a dps class yet that's where we are heading. For those of you who want DPS so to be useful on raids, guess what? They'll never boost us up to pure dps class levels due to "balance" and those classes howling for our heads. That means we'll be a second tier dps class with little utility. AKA bench filler only to be called in when the real classes don't show up (hard mode raids). It would be better to push for utility upgrades in hope that will at least make bst somewhat desirable on raids beyong the token 1 representative.

Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Catnip_Inny

I posted this on the other thread lol but it kinda relates pretty well here so here it is

Fero becomes an Aura with a dmg mod increaes and overcap added for resists...  This alone would bring back a large part of our Utility on raids... we would be a staple in the dps groups and the resists would not likely make a huge difference as everyone now adays has 700 resists or so but it all helps right?

Pet dps SUCKS everyone knows this, but whats the harm in at least making our pets surviablity on par with mages?  Its not like im ever going to tank stuff with my pet unless i want to take a nap and come back to find mob dead... Not having to worry so much about pets health or if hes taking hits would be great and cant really hurt game balance that bad really...

Leave our dps alone if u will, but bring back some more Utility!

Oh and /bump the idea for shared health disc for pet and owner.

kindarring2

Our pets are not meant to beable to tank like mages. Think about this.

Mage kills by nuking (noway they could tank wear silk) they need a pet that can take more of a beating.

Nerco pet weaker then ours. nerco pets are rouge for a reason to backstab as they kite.

SK pet sucks but just adds a tad bit of dps while they tank( can't even take a hit or you healing it)

Now our pet Beast were made to tank with pet fighting along side. Why we are able to tank some. Pet was made to beable to hold agro as you back out when you get low on health and heal up while pet takes a few hits, then you go back in and fight more. Have a promise renewal makes that even easier do to being able to pull out heal yourself pop a PR on pet go back in by the time you need to pull out again PR went off on pet Full health on him. Think of how a beast was made. EQ has always had these classes this way and I do not think we need to up them anymore.

Our class is great and if your guild sit you as being a beastlord on the raid for a class that counts then you need to play harder. Our beast never sit... we are too much of a tool for are raids. But what does Crimson Tempest know about raiding.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

kindarring2

But as in AA's we need or would like to see this beta.

A fast cast heal if its going to be as low as it is. I did like how they were looking at .5 sec heal with 2 the base but too long of a recast timer. I could see a 4 sec or maybe a 5 sec recast but not 8.5

We need to get rid of Fero or make it have an aura or group effect

Last and this is a dream but add end to para line. both para and FP. Reason being. think about if we use para now why do we use it. Someone died or at the end of a fight. Where is end at those times??? Pretty low. Only reason I think we need it.

I would like to see a cripple aa also or a slow aa instead of the spell same cast same power just an aa chance (like levi and invis).

Would like to see us being able to use 2 poison nukes (like we can use 2 ice ones) make us spend aa's to unlock that.

Would like to see a combo cure one that cures pet then fires back on me or even group but that would be overpwred.

newer DPS disc that does not ping off pet.

Other then that I know they will just cut and paste all the normal aa's thats fine but have some new things. SOD sucked as an expan but alot of the aa's owned. I hope they keep looking it to that.

Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Catnip_Inny

I never get sat for raids and i didnt really mean make pets take hits as well as mages but id like to se the gap closed.  Our Raid utility could certainly use a boost, FP is great and hell ive even used the pet slow line to slow multiple mobs when our shammies get busy... We just dont have the same impact that we used to imo.. and i miss that!