Main Menu

Why don't GM's answer?

Started by mac173, March 08, 2004, 06:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac173

Over a week ago I had a problem during a trade with another PC. Just as I clicked my plat (443) into the trade window, the other PC cancelled the trade. POOF, the plat is gone. He doesn't have it, I don't have it, and it's not on the ground. SHIT!

I petition, but there are no GM's on. That was on Saturday. On Sunday morning, I log on, and leave Kunnar logged on sitting in the Nexus while I do my chores, cleaning, etc. Sunday night, I go look, and a guide had sent a tell that he had upgraded the petition to a CSR. OK.

Monday, no reply.

Tuesday, no reply. I e-mail SOE from EQlive website.

Wednesday, I get automated responce, telling me to check FAC's and such, and to reply to e-mail to send message directly to GM. I did that.

Thursday, no reply.

Friday, no reply. GM's on, I send petition to ask about the situation, no reply.

Saturday, petition again. Appretice Guide replys, says he will see to it message gets thru.

Sunday, no reply.

It's Monday, no reply yet.

If you think I'm gonna give up, your wrong. Now I'm gonna e-mail at least once a day untill somebody at least says NO!

What the hell is up with this? Are GM's really just a Myth?

Coprolith

Are you on central european time playing on a US server perhaps? People used to bitch all the time about us euros getting all the early spawns, and admittedly its nice to be able to hunt in certain zones when it's quiet, but when you've got problems your scr**ed. I fell thru the game world once, didnt have a gate potion, and couldnt be ported out by other players. I spent a full week of repeatedly logging in hoping a GM was online. I finally found one when i set my alarm clock for 4 o'clock at night, reasoning it was early evening for the volunteer guides and GMs. This was a long time ago, but from what i understand in-game support hasn't exactly improved since then

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Yiktiki

Petition can be horribly inefficient.  I did it for a while about a year ago... they schedule most people for prime playing time US.  Unfortunately, that is also when they are the busiest.  I have had the best luck if petition didnt return a quick response to use the 'Email your GM' feature on the SOE site.

http://www.station.sony.com/en/services/help/eqGM.jsp
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

mac173

Quote from: YiktikiI have had the best luck if petition didnt return a quick response to use the 'Email your GM' feature on the SOE site.

Thats the e-mail I sent on Tuesday. Still no response. I will send another one today. And tomorrow. And the next day.

Thanks for tip.

Tighe

In case anyone hasn't noticed, GM support has been slowly declining for the past couple of months.

This leads one to several conclusions:

1. They are slowly phasing out "GM"s in favour of another system.

2. There aren't many GM's and they have to cover all the servers by themselves.

3. SOE has closed an iron fist around the GM budget and they can't work the enormous hours required to get to EVERYONE that has problems.

Take from that what you will.  Personally, I think it's #1.

Lorathir

More likely SOE are concentrating all manpower on getting EQ2 onto the shelves. As I recall EQ2 was sheduled for a  Christmas 2003 release. It's now likely to arrive mid summer - winter 2004.

I'd imagine the money men are really putting the pressure on to get it out and generating sales.

Kilantiz Kylong

SOE's in game customer service is poor.

Took me 3 1/2 weeks to finnaly get a reply from a GM the other night.
Elder Kilantiz Kylong
Fires of Heaven

Tighe

Quote from: LorathirMore likely SOE are concentrating all manpower on getting EQ2 onto the shelves. As I recall EQ2 was sheduled for a  Christmas 2003 release. It's now likely to arrive mid summer - winter 2004.

I'd imagine the money men are really putting the pressure on to get it out and generating sales.

I remember reading an article in a gaming magazine that said that EQ2 will have a system similar to SW:G's.  While I'm not exactly sure what that is, people I know who play SW:G have told me there's no GM's there like there are in EQ.

Perhaps we're seeing the first stages of EQ going to a similar system.

mac173

As of 3 PM today, still no reply.

I e-mailed the GM again, 2 min ago.

I hope they get sick of my e-mails and just address the problem.

Kuriosity

QuoteMore likely SOE are concentrating all manpower on getting EQ2 onto the shelves. As I recall EQ2 was sheduled for a Christmas 2003 release. It's now likely to arrive mid summer - winter 2004.

GM's aren't Dev's, while their may be a few Dev's that log in and help every once in awhile. GM's are a seperate team and don't get pulled for coding.
Kuriosity Kildme
66 Feral Lady of Firiona Vie

Kuriosity

darn no edit button

I think the GM's are just too busy spamming everyone with poorly spelled and grammaticaly inccorect advertisements for their latest product.
Kuriosity Kildme
66 Feral Lady of Firiona Vie

Kirruu

That's cuz nobodyz home (in case you haven't noticed).

Kinash

In the GoD documentation they list in the credits all the GM's. Sad to say not a single name is familiar to me, so there must have been quite a few changes in the last year. There are definately less GM's than last year and many of them are now based in Europe (as a friend informed me). It does take a little more patience and persistance to get things done due to the fact we have more servers and less people working them than a year ago. On the positive side, petitions no longer decay on their own, so a GM will eventually get it. Trade problems are particularly difficult from what I was told by GM's at the 8 Fan Faires I attended. It can sometimes take hours just to do one review of a Lost-Item/Trade issue. I have heard it sometimes take several weeks before someone can review all the various logs to see what the heck happened. So it may be a while, but I suspect your sever GM is working on the issue.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Lorathir

Quote from: Kuriosity
QuoteMore likely SOE are concentrating all manpower on getting EQ2 onto the shelves. As I recall EQ2 was sheduled for a Christmas 2003 release. It's now likely to arrive mid summer - winter 2004.

GM's aren't Dev's, while their may be a few Dev's that log in and help every once in awhile. GM's are a seperate team and don't get pulled for coding.

I meant the GM's would probably be used to test the game, sorry.

mac173

I received the automated responce from yesterdays e-mail, and replied.

Still no live responce.

Quote from: KinashTrade problems are particularly difficult from what I was told by GM's at the 8 Fan Faires I attended. It can sometimes take hours just to do one review of a Lost-Item/Trade issue. I have heard it sometimes take several weeks before someone can review all the various logs to see what the heck happened.

Isn't that a good indication more people are needed to cover the work?
Obviously, SOE does not care. So long as subscriptions continue to renew, and new subscriptions continue to come in, they will continue to cut customer service. We will most likely see nothing but automated CS in the future.