Main Menu

Paragon upgrade(top 10 list?)

Started by Evilsunshinne, August 10, 2004, 06:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evilsunshinne

I'm sorry if this was brought up already, but my eagerness to actually contribute something was overwhelming!  =)

One thing that I've noticed overtime was that paragon isnt all that good anymore.  With peoples hp's always getting higher the effect that paragon has is considerably weak.   I'm personally to the point where If I don't cast it then it isn't a big deal, we have druids that can sotw and clerics can ae heal and leave my ae for SD sometime during the raid or before for buffs.

Then the mana that it regens even with aa's isnt all that big with how big some peoples mana pools are today.  Despite how much I hate casting ferocity I usually keep it on 2 others besides me, and one paragon is still not enough to regen one spell cast of fero.  On full effect gives clerics enough mana to cast a CH and maybe toss in a spot heal, and not even enough mana for a wizard to cast white fire.

Maybe thats what paragon is for, is to barely get away with something.  I didn't play a beastlord before the aa's went in so I'm not too sure when paragon became active.  But based on SoL spells, paragon covered savagery easily, and was just enough for GSS for wizards.  And now it doesnt cover much anymore.  Undoubtly with GoD people will have more hp's, more mana, and higher mana cost spells and paragon without some sort of upgrade will be in my opinion fairly useless.

I'm not too sure on what would be an acceptable upgrade, it's easy to say double the hp and mana that it regens, while I would agree with the hit point part, im not too sure that 1k mana being regened would be considered balanced.  Maybe upgrade it to 225/230 hp per tick and 100 mana per tick.  Those are just random numbers,  but the 225 hp per tick would be equal to the druids spirit of the wood 2 hp regen.  Their SoTW3 regens at 250hp a tick, and I felt that we probably shouldn't be equal or better to them in that regards.  And while the 100 mana/tick wouldn't cover the wizard spell white fire, its only by 4 mana and 700(with the aa scr) is an easy number to work with.

The numbers can be played with to whatever is acceptable, but I'm sure its becoming more noticeable at the higher ends that paragon needs some sort of upgrade, and since they are doing the top 10 list and It looks like we might have an open spot with the double attack aa getting fixed.  I figured it would be worth a shot to see what they would think about this.

Dysz

Maybe with OoW there could a be a level 70 Req. paragon 2 for 10 aa or something.  

While I don't think this AA is ridiculous, I think it would be necessary to have a big requirement for double paragon, mages complain about it already >.<.  Honestly, it is a BIG help in the groups I do, usually LDoN or lower PoP.  Even in elementals and up it is a big help (3 paragons on Quarm sure help :))

I like the idea, however how viable it is is questionable to me.
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Caali

I don't see what is wrong with an upgraded version of paragon. Nothing huge of course but a reasonable upgrade to scale up with ever growing hp/mana pools. I agree that it should be in OoW and since it is an AA issue this is probably the wrong forum for it. Level requirement is also a posibility as long as we're able to cast the first version that still hits everyone.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Bananea

I put this on the Top 10 discussion a while back on SoE forums...no one seemed to care.

Since Clerics and Druids usurped us in MGB HoT, I thought this part of our raid role could be re-defined...

Just switch up the numbers on Paragon and you've got a winner...

80 hp a tick...

200 mana a tick...

Simple and easy.

Choppin

Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Zentrel

mmmm... sounds great.

now i'm  gonna start savin aa's to buy it when OoW comes out.   gotta get 30 banked so that i can buy rank 1.   :lol:

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Liga

08-17 18:14  Form of the Wild I None New

Its on Lucy, and doesnt break the NDA by saying that theres five of them, five races of bsts, and the description says we turn into our warders for 24mins, get 2regen and 10atk.  Kind of neat.

Oneiromancer

Hey, don't worry about anything on Lucy breaking the NDA, I was going to post myself about it.  What's on Lucy was patched to the normal Test servers, so it's open information to all.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Konji

Back in your cage Troll!

Sorry, ill try to keep Evil on his leash.

Evilsunshinne

Wow, I can honestly say that was totally bigger upgrade than what I was expecting.  and skin the cats /rude konji

Eatbugs

Quoteskin the cats /rude konji

They taste better if ya just boil 'em and pull the fuzz off.

Wonder how many AA that will end up being - looks worth if even if I have to spend 30 or so for the third level.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal