Main Menu

Throwing Skill...

Started by Felpaw, August 12, 2004, 10:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felpaw

I recently got the ton po's pouch from time and promptly proceeded to max my throw skill......at 113  :(

What is up with that? Seems awful low. I mean our Kick is right up there and its a similar type of thing in my opinion. It adds to our overall melee abilities but it is tertiary in nature.

I think Sony needs to look into raising this cap.

I posted this by mistake to Equiptment forum.  Sorry for the double post.

seravok

I agree 113 throwing skill is way to low compared to our other weapon skills.

Elder http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=744645">Seravok Moonwalker. - Savage Lord 70 Beastlord - Eci Server.

satrulis

Beastlords get throw?
:)

Bengali

As a practical matter, I think the reason for the cap is that someone just copied the skill from monks.  I have no idea why either class has a cap that low, although the reason monks haven't complained that much about it is because they mostly use throwing to pull, and it doesn't matter much whether they hit when they do that.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

sierf

i don't think that i have ever used throw
Sierf
Son of Cazic

zzmaller

I agree i have found that there are a few raid mobs that ranged is used and i feel like we could do more if we had a higher skill then 113 a 200 would rock  and yes monks should ahve this rased as well

Dummkopf

Its awsome to see what rogues can do with throwing. Friend of mine has the time pouch to summon shurikens and they do really good dps with them on ranged fights.

Dysz

Only time I've ever used throw is Fennin.  It was kind of pointless, I probably did about 100 damage total, it was just something to do while dots were up and nukes refreshed.  I don't ever see this being a viable damage source compared to spells.  I don't really think this needs changed much, lets focus on the weapon skillcaps that matter, for now.
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Felpaw

I played with this the other night on the first mob when you enter Tacvi.

I critted for 311 on throws with my shurikens and did decent damage overall I suspect.  However, If we had a reasonable thrown cap I would have done good damage.

The reason rogues do such nice thrown damage is a higher thrown cap and an innate ability to land a rogue only thrown attack.  Its something like Sinister Strike but thats not it.  You see a message when they do it but my memory can't dredge up the text.

Dummkopf

Deadly strike, cant be filtered so rogues always spam with it :)

Choppin

Quote from: FelpawI played with this the other night on the first mob when you enter Tacvi.

I critted for 311 on throws with my shurikens and did decent damage overall I suspect.  However, If we had a reasonable thrown cap I would have done good damage.

The reason rogues do such nice thrown damage is a higher thrown cap and an innate ability to land a rogue only thrown attack.  Its something like Sinister Strike but thats not it.  You see a message when they do it but my memory can't dredge up the text.

well the first trash mob in tacvi is surely not representive to make any judgement over the state of the throwingskill, maybe its a zone thing that throwing does double (or whatever) damage on that specific mob, or all mobs in that zone - surely nice for rogues getting deadly strikes of 1220 with with rallos shurikens

try some throwing tests outside tacvi

I dont bother with that skill at all, doting and nuking is 'nuff
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Felpaw

LMAO.

The first "trash mob in tacvi"  is harder than most Gods in Time.

Try an land a DoT or a nuke on it.

To get back to my point...

There is no reason for BST class to cap so low on throwing.

Yllandra

Don't all classes except monk, rogue, berserker... maybe warrior? cap out at around 100 in throwing?

There really isn't a high need for throwing anyway. Focus on the skills that actually are meaningful for us. =p