Main Menu

Pet spam, etc...

Started by Dysz, August 14, 2004, 02:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysz

OK, just a few ideas I thought I'd toss out here.

1) Raid spam

On raids with 4+ pet casters who use their pet hold/back off hotkey after EVERY mob, the spam is ridiculous, nearly an entire box of my chat (and I use a bigger resolution than default, i cant imagine on 800x600).  Please change hold and back off messages to tells, like suspended minion and pet attack.  Absolutely no reason for that to be public, other than somehow 'proving' you have pet hold, which is a ridiculous concept to begin with.

2) Targeting

The proximity targeting thing, where you target the closest thing to you with the name you type in for /targ ____ targets our warders.  Just an annoyance but I still think it should be fixed, as neither mages or necros have this problem.  Not that them not having the problem bothers me, it is just a silly problem to have (pet getting single target buffs on raids).  Also when I'm using /targ to find my corpse after rez, I always have to type /targ Dysz' instead of dysz, which seems rather silly.  Possibly this could also be fixed or retuned or something along with the pet targeting issue.

Personally, these aren't huge things as far as class balance, just making the game more aesthetic, but I think they are both fixes that should happen.  Anyone agree?
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Skanda

Rarrum

Agree with both of those.

Another thing that bothers me is if I'm casting a spell (worse on longer spells... including pet heal!), I can't use my /pet hold /pet back off hotkey.  So often I'll be casting a buff.. mob enrages.. I hit /pet hold hotkey and get "You can't use that command right now...".  Theres really only 2 options: interrupt spell, hold pet, then retarget and recast buff .... or just let pet die (or hope you get lucky enough that it enrages).

Choppin

not sure if its been fixed yet, or if its my weird settings, but I get spammed with bard song wear off messages from the warder if I am grped with a bard
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dakat

I'd have to log on to verify, but a couple of you have mentioned something that can be fixed in game already.

you can filter messages to appear in separate windows.  Putting pet messages in a tells window for example, getting rid of clutter from your raid message window, or however you got it set up. Getting every single message, spell, crit, melee dmg, ds dmg, grp messages, guild messages, raid message, chat message, tells and whatever else you can get in 1 window and you will miss lots of information that your spamming yourself with.

Bring up the Options window, click on filters tab, there are options here to change specific messages to different colors. You can use the mouse and scroll down the page and change many different things. Just dont look at the first page theres like 80 or 90 different things you can change here. Changing your PET spell effects wore message to blue for example would make bard song look similar to a pet proc message.  Granted you would have to keep an eye on your pet buff window to know when a buff has fallen off your pet. Which is what I do anyways. When I play, I buff self followed by pet immediately after. So when I spells wear, pets will wear soon too.

On a tab in the Options Window to see what data you want. As in Your Hits, Pet Hits, Others Hits, Pet Misses.  Forgot what the tab is called. Anyways on the right side of that same page has a way to turn on or off NPC spells, PC spells, PC Songs, DoT damage and several other things.

You get some additional filter capability using the right mouse click and hold option in your MAIN CHAT window or any other CHAT window you have opened.

For Bards and Clerics are the only 2 classes that I have found that can use HOT KEY buttons while casting.  For us, we can not. That is why you have a PET WINDOW.  You can issue commands to your pet using this window while in the middle of casting. I've had to use it when pet starts getting out of range and I want to make sure my Heal lands on it. Or say I was buffing BP haste on group while the warrior was pulling. Pet is not doing anything I target mob using F8 then use pet window to tell pet to attack all the while I am casting the very long casting BP clicky haste.

Tastian

These have been brought up before and I agree.  

You can still issue commands to your pet well casting, just not using the hot key bank.  I type almost everything, so I can just "/pet hold" well casting and pet will hold.  You can also use the buttons in the pet box (shame hold isn't there) and that will help control pet well locked into casting as well.  Still nice to see it changed mind you, but in the meantime somethings people can do to deal with it a bit better.

Caali

I'd like to see spells that wear off me and spells that wear off pet on different toggles. Group with a bard and pet affinity and you'll quickly see what I mean.
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Kherash

Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Fibbs

that gets my vote.

Just on that /target <insert name here>
And perhaps this should be another thread but.
What shits me the most is the useless range it has. it should be based on line of sight regardless of distance.

its annoying when you use it get the 'no one here by that name' crap yet they are standing infront of you, sure they may be some distance aways yet i can just use the mouse pointer to click and target said player.......

Spells can close any exploit possibilities as you would naturally still get the oor message when casting.

So /target command should be based on line of sight regardless of range.

H

Choppin

making /target based on line of sight is not good at all, I leave the outcry over that to the rogues, if it happens
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Sharrien

Quote from: Fibbs
What shits me the most is the useless range it has. it should be based on line of sight regardless of distance.

AMEN!!  The distance for /target and for /rt are so ridiculously small, I often have to run around the raid force like an idiot spamming the targetting commands to try to find the person who requested a buff or group invite.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Eatbugs

I would love to see a fix for raid pet spam.  I'm sure my guild would love it, too - that way I wouldn't get those tells on raids.

Guildmember tells you, 'Is there any way to filter out all that "Waiting for your order to attack, Master!" stuff?'

You tell Guildmember, 'No, but isn't he just the cutest darn newt you've ever seen??!'

Guildmember tells you, '...'
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

a_moss_snake_001

Imho ALL pet messages should be configurable to be communicated in tells to the owner like Suspended Minion. There really is no need for them to be broadcasted in /say.

Though if they can limit pet flurry messages to be visible to the owner only I don't see why they cant do that with all other kinds of pet spam also.

Havent Sony realised yet that other players rarely (if ever) care what other people's pets are doing or not doing? It simply isnt important, you trust the pet owner to control their pet properly and focus on your own stuff.

Blide

You can use /pet back in pet window  while casting a spell, doesn't do alot of good sometimes but still works.

I agree with pet spam, I  also want a way to turn off fall spam

kitanababe

i would like some type of key to press that came up "/target     " then you could enter the name. on my cleric i always try to type "/tar name" as quickly as possible if the dieing person isnt still the mobs target and always get finger tied trying to do so quickly. (would be essentially what you get when you press "r" but without a name already insterted.)