Main Menu

Is there truth to the rumour about the loss of troll/iksar regen?

Started by Brumbkab, October 18, 2005, 01:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brumbkab

I was in PoK a few days ago on The Seventh Hammer and saw that someone was spaming the OOC. They were explaining that Trolls and Iksar that used the spirit shrouds and did Monster missions lost their innate regen. He had stated that he had posted on the EQ forums about the problem and was asking other troll / iksar to post thier experience on the problem. I went to the EQ forums and have not found anything (I must not understand how to search). I found comments that generally talked about a regen loss as of 9/16 or something like that. PLEASE if anyone knows about this let me know. I am understandably concerned to know if this is true or not.

Brumbkab the troll

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Camikazi

Yes using a Spirit Shroud will make iksar and troll regen same as everyone else, http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=130069 is the post on eq forums that talks about, if you haven't used a shroud yet you still have ur normal regen but use one and ur innate regen goes away =)

rdahl

There is also a mana usage/regen problem.  Some have speculated it to be similar to the inate regen problem.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Brumbkab

Quote from: Khauruk on October 18, 2005, 02:03:15 PM
Did you test this yourself?

I had not because I didnt purchase DoD until a couple of days before i saw the OOCing. I had been playing an alt on the MM missions up to the point I recieved the info. Now I cant remember if I have done a MM with my troll or not so I will be checkin that tonight when I get on. I hope I dodged a bullet here.

Thank you for the link Camikazi. I will be watching the outcome now closely.

Brumbkab the troll

Grbage

Since you essentially become another creature whe shrouded it makes sense that the innate regen does go away. But.....if the xp penalty still applies while not getting the use out of extra regen there is a problem.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Brumbkab

I don't think I made myself clear enough... the innate regen loss is PERMENANT. So those ppl that lost it the first time DoD came out by using the shroud and such have had to deal with the exp penalty without the innate regen. Currently there is no way to get the innate regen back. I hope they find the problem and fix it soon.

Brumbkab the troll

Edit : I don't think troll/iksar should have the regen when in shroud form or in a MM.. but to lose it completely when back to your normal toon? ....

Tastian

Yeah brum I know what you are saying and they are aware of it.  Ry had requested extra information and has been given heaps of it.  Really it's an easy thing to reproduce and it is a real pain.  I had a necro friend die the other day because the change made it so lich took hps, unlike it used to and they died while AFK lol.  Kinda funny, but still messed up.  The other thread on the offical boards that was linked has some more information and I'd keep monitoring that.  If I hear anything before it's posted there I'll update it here as well.  If you see an update and I haven't had time to post yet please feel free to update it here as well.  It is a bug, it is known and hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I haven't heard anything solid on it yet.

Grbage

That's what I get for not reading EQLive boards for a while. That's an ugly bug.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Brumbkab

Thanks for the reply Tast. As usual you are doing amazing work.

I am fortunate that after I bought DoD I had a strong desire to get a very old alt up to 60 for KEI. :evil: Brum has missed the bug (I checked his regen last night, I just couldnt remember if I tried out the MM with him or not) but, I have guildmates that are not so lucky. They really have thier work cut out for them on this. I am glad to hear they are doing all they can atm.

Thanks again Tast.

Brumbkab the troll

Norleef

1st post here but I've been reading the boards for a good year and a half or more.  FIgured I'd update everyone on this.

Copied from EQLive.

This is scheduled to be fixed in the next update.
Kytherea ~~wielding a giant hammer & a hairless War Hamster~~

"I'm late, I'm late...."

Update is scheduled for Oct 26th.