Main Menu

Spell department gone?

Started by Dummkopf, March 02, 2006, 07:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

We are the island of misfit toys.  8P

Corr is the working title of the position still as far as I know.  Least that's what most of the people refer to themselves as and the title we have on the sony boards.

I do expect the person to be a bit overwhelmed, but the truth is ry was overwhelmed too.  Beastlords alone have several spells that are literally "broke" as far as a spell goes.  PoR added some more spell issues for traps.  It's a really busy position and even if nothing new happened the amount of issues backed up at this point is pretty big.

In some cases a different person in the position will result in different spell changes happening.  Other times it will literally be a case of sony not wanting a certain mechanic or trying to limit power in assorted areas and some things just not happening. 

I do have to give some praise to some of the new corrs that have recently been added as well.  There has been a pretty big increase in the amount of data driven discussion behind the scenes and that's something I really like to see.  I know one corr that adjusted their top 10 list when they found out they were wrong about a couple spells.  Another that adjusted a request once they were shown the error in their calculation.  There is still differing opinions on a lot of things, but it's far more common now that if someone disagrees they are citing a parse, history, etc. than previously.  *shrugs*

hakaaba

You think we could work out a formal briefing of beastlord issues? lol

The fabled "beastlord manifesto" if you will  :-P

I'll write the healing chapter!!

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))