Main Menu

GoD Zone Question

Started by Ukator Iceblood, April 11, 2004, 05:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

My basic question is based off of curiosity. I know what the first 5 zones (N, Q, R, B, F) are. I know that there are 6 trials off of Barundi. However this is where my knowledge goes to pot. Is Kod'Taz a group zone, raid zone or combinations? Are there more one groupable trials before the main ones prior to Uqua? What the heck is Yxtta (group/raid/trial)? Just curious about all of this. Thanks for any info:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Urim

Kod'taz can be considered a group and raid zone however very rarely are people actually grouping there (there is no /LFG going on here).
There are 3 one groupable trials that are gotten in Kod'taz, they take place in a zone called Ikkinz, these are by no means anywhere near as easy as the other 6 trials.
Uqua is a nasty zone (zonewide aoe of Aura of Destruction every minute or so) they said at Fan Faire it was pretty much unbeatable in its current form and they are working to fix it.
Yxtta is pretty much just like Kod'taz, grouping is possible but you wont see many people there for that purpose.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Sempai

I will try to answer some of your questions, without giving too much away as far as progression.

Kod'Taz is primarily a single group zone that leads to the rest of GoD that has been discovered so far. If your guild is progressing in GoD, Kod'Taz is like Plane of Tranquility, in that it leads to everything else, but unlike Tranquility it has lots of nasty mobs. It is also like the Plane of Time, in that you must be level 65 to zone in, even if you are flagged. There are a few raid encounters here, but not many. You must complete a flagging process to access Kod'Taz and that is really the first major step of the GoD progression.

When grouping for experience or looking for upgrades, Kod'Taz is the zone I spend most of my time in at the moment. The groupable named drop spells and augments, and there are rare drop items that drop off trash, that are upgrades for many pre-Time items. For most of my groups, we can go knight or warrior tanking and groups require a cleric. I personally hate kiting and kite groups, so while I know it is possible I never do it.

Within Kod'Taz there are 3 single group trials you can initiate with relatively short lockout times as you kill named mobs or win the trial (from 6 hours to days). They are extremely tough and take specialized groups. I do not think the same group could win all 3 group trials, as they each have different needs. These are part of the GoD progression.

Also within Kod'Taz there are 4 raid trials that can be done once you are flagged to start them. These are 54 person raids that all have multiple lockout points as you kill certain named mobs or complete the trial (from 2 to 5 days). These are part of the GoD progression.

Yxtta is not an instanced zone that you can access from Kod'Taz. There are no additional keys or flags required to access Yxtta. You can raid or group in this zone.

Uqua is an instanced raid trial that you enter from Yxtta. Lets just say this one is rough, even for most of the top guilds around. My guild has not defeated this one yet, but we assume this is part of the GoD progression as well.

Hope this is enough to satisfy your curiousity.[/list]
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Ukator Iceblood

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony