Main Menu

Mage pets vs Beastlord warder

Started by Tiggre, March 10, 2004, 11:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosra

Quote from: ToilerI have never had a Necro or a Mage pet out aggro my warder, even the rogue necro pet with the uber backstab. Never, ever, ever.

I think most people focus too much on DpS, and miss the point that beastlords w/pets also greatly reduce the amount of damage (even with a shammy slowing) for MoB's that are stunable.

I've dueled both Necro, and Mage pets. For the most part I think our warders come out slightly ahead.

When I duo my mage and BL I use WoX and Sorsha -
The warder consistently out aggros the Air pet (despite stuns) - I'm trying to get them to share it a little better, thus reducing the need to heal.

WoX will pull aggro from the 64 warder, but it won't take it for 50% of a fight - not by a long shot.

WoX's stun has been parsed at a 20% reduction in swings per second -
so a mob that is slowed 65% will have a net swings per second of 28% of its normal rate with a WoX pet in the mix.

I haven't seen parses for Spirit of Rellic on a 64 warder with IoS and Girdle of Magi'kot, in terms of the percentage of attacks they prevent through stuns.

Casual observations says that my kitty is a bit better tank than Spike (my air pet).

The pair of them, in full summoned gear and with full BL buffs (including SV on the air pet due to pet affinity) are amazingly effective at taking down mobs with nary a heal.

mulkosaur

To the orginal poster.

You realize your class was never meant to have the best pet right?  The devs who made you class took great pains to point out you would never have the best best in the game and in fact would be on par with or slightly less powerful than that of the most powerful necro pet.

You realize this right?  Because if not you sound like just another PoP n00b that wants everything in the game and make the elders of your class cringe and have nightmares.  Oh and everytime you post it kills a kitten please think of the poor kittens.  

And remeber what power boost you got your pets with the pet patch are mostly in part because the mages whined, moaned, and argued with each other till we all got so mad some of the guys who still give a dam parleyed with SoE, gave them hard data, tested said data for a few months, and then after helping out multiple classes in game as a side effect get shitted on by people like the original poster.

Now do you like the fact your pet now has more teeth than it did?  Maybe you don't but I bet the real beastlords that play do.  

So in closing to the great Beastlords keep on rocking to the wannabe give me everything cause I'm the pet class Druid like delete or something.

Mulk

Skanda

This thread makes baby Jesus cry. Please stop the insanity!

Xuthaz

QuoteYou realize your class was never meant to have the best pet right? The devs who made you class took great pains to point out you would never have the best best in the game and in fact would be on par with or slightly less powerful than that of the most powerful necro pet.

no they didn't.  show me a single post from a developer stating such.  I've asked on the magician's tower, no post exists.  Nothing has ever been said about the relative power of pets between necros, magicians, and beastlords at any time since the inception of the beastlord class.  I don't actually give a damn who has the "best" pet in this e-penis contest that magicians like yourself refuse to let go of.  I am however sick and tired of the every other BS post about "omg magicians are the masters of summons! we are supposed to have the best pets! nerf bst!" shit that you spew every other post of you and yours.  By class design there is no such thing as "the best pet class," its a relic of the original EQ vision that no longer exists.  What you have now are 3 seperate classes that each use a summoned pet for different roles and purposes in their daily activities.  The variance between the pets was inconsequential between beastlord pet and the various magician pets.  There was no reasons in regards to class design for either pet to be "more powerful" than the other.  it was decided that magicians as a whole were underpowered and they received an upgrade via pet focuses.  It was decided that beastlords and necromancers as a class were fine and did not warrant the same pet upgrade, so the focuses were made to not upgrade their pets in the same manner that they upgraded magician pets.  The very first post from an asshat like you was "HAHA we have the best pet now!" even tho the change did nothing to bring your class into balance at the high end, but it lets the whiners leet solo in droga with less downtime.  Congratulations, you "win the best pet award!~," moron.
Elder Xuthaz Everhate
- Iksar Feral Lord -

cougerofeq

QuoteWhen I duo my mage and BL I use WoX and Sorsha -
The warder consistently out aggros the Air pet (despite stuns) - I'm trying to get them to share it a little better, thus reducing the need to heal.

I think with 2 pets the fact warders are longer/closer makes a difference. I know it does if the mob is rooted, but I read here that it always makes a difference when 2 pets duo a mob.

Just a thought...

mulkosaur

http://forums.crgaming.com/eqbb/viewtopic.php?t=63841

http://forums.crgaming.com/eqbb/viewtopic.php?t=63922

One of the very many examples of life pre luclin way back in 2000-2001.  Just because no one is willing to dig through the hundreds of thousands of pages worth of info doesn't mean it wasn't said.

Heck I guess I could just go to new SoE class boards and ask but I can think of something else to throw at you.

Remeber you originally had to buff your pet up to the proper level?  And your PoP pets are lvl 58 (or were) and mage pets were lvl 60.  ANd btw what was the lvl or the pre pop warders?

Sorry man you spouting your thoughts on how you want it to be and not the fact.  Heck go to the new class boards and ask SoE.

mulkosaur

And another thing.  Do honestly think SOE is gonna ever give a more powerful warder than a mage pet and still let you have things like 65% slow?  I'd quit worrying about mages we are happy as things are now we got our power back and in no way step on any toes of any original EQ class.

We were here first not you and the Shamans are the ones to pick a bone with you not mages.

TerjynPovar

We were here first?  Beastlords aren't an original class so don't matter?

Can we get a mod to stop this troll from posting to the Beastlord forum?  It's obvious he'll never have anything constructive to say.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Xuthaz

rofl

both of your linked posts were by players speculating on what beastlords would be like since no one knew at the time.  not a single word from a developer about the power of pets, just speculation.  they even mention that not only were beastlord's slated to get pet Complete Heal, but we would also be the most pet dependant class and therefore by pure default would have powerful pets.  Nice try tho dipshit.

Our pop pets were lvl 60 the same as yours before the focus changes, but its good to see you have no information to base your BS trolling on.  Prepop warders were on par with Necro and magician pets as far as level goes.  They "conned" 47th or 49th i forget which.

QuoteAnd another thing. Do honestly think SOE is gonna ever give a more powerful warder than a mage pet and still let you have things like 65% slow? I'd quit worrying about mages we are happy as things are now we got our power back and in no way step on any toes of any original EQ class.

We were here first not you and the Shamans are the ones to pick a bone with you not mages.

How old are you? 11?  How does this pass as a valid argument?  Damn i guess you win, I just got Trolled.  Ban this tool please.
Elder Xuthaz Everhate
- Iksar Feral Lord -

mac173

Is this horse dead yet?

Hrann

We were here first - best arguement ever! LOL NYah nyah nyah nyah, we were here first.

How about, beastlord races are bigger and tougher than mage races, so we should be stronger nyah nyah nyah nyah puny elf

Haha thanks for livening up my Friday :*)

Kherryn

Frankly I don't care if, against an unslowed mob, mage pets out-tank beastlord pets.  I myself outtank my pet, so it doesn't matter as much.  We have slow to counter that.  Frankly I would love for them to make it either everyone can solo, or no one can.  Would kill a hell of a lot of arguments.

TerjynPovar

Everyone can solo, both for XP and loot.  Some cannot solo when and how they want to solo(IE, some people aren't happy unless they can tank-solo in Kod'Taz, or so it seems).
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server