Main Menu

New login poll...

Started by Tastian, June 03, 2004, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylaz

For me that poll was a shock. I know that people (outside sony) do that, and until now it was considered  :evil: Even the fact that they ask the question will make many people think:
Well, if sony asks, why not going and buy that "whatever of adjective noun" that I always wanted on those sites - thats only 5/50/500 Bucks anyway.

To me, thats a little as if a government started a referendum on the subject "should we legalise cocaine if we can make that safe for you". As everyone knows, drugs dealing exists, is a multi bilion market, but is NOT legal.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Incite

Quote from: RhajahFirst - I agree with you and admire your stand in voting a big "No".

However, it's important to balance idealism with reality.

Voted no with all 3 accounts here ... For a second I was tempted to fire up a month's payment on 2 other accounts just to vote no as well.  Heh.

I see your points, but there comes a time where you have to say enough is enough.  One of the big draws in MMOGs is the fact that the game economy isn't (well, it shouldn't be) effected by RL concerns.  IMO SoE would be better off putting their efforts into stamping out this practise.  Of course they are not going to because that would cost them too much in legal fees ...  :roll:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Vahaus Warder

The poll made me want to throw up. A rep of soe said they are not planning to implement this. As someone else said "yeah they put up random polls that have absolutly no intention to act on"............yeah right.

JillieMT

I voted no, and then just moved on to enjoying my play session. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Bengali

It's just a poll.   SOE's current policy is to be against selling of items for money, and at the very least it would be interesting for them to know whether that policy is supported by the players or whether it alienates them.  That doesn't mean that they necessarily have plans to change it, like the "reps" said.

If the poll came back with 300,000 "yes" responses then maybe SOE would reevaluate their anti-selling stance.   Then again, maybe they wouldn't.   These polls are really just a tool for them to be able to get info on which directions the players would like to see the game go.  Some of those directions may not prove fruitful.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ragash

Quote from: OtuolWell, for those that don't agree with what SOE is doing, take a look at how America operates now.  It's a capitalistic country.  This country revolves around making profits and maximizing those profits.  We have gone from a more industrial country to a service one.

While this is true, the service I currently pay for is the entertainment I receive from logging in and playing the game.

What is the goal of the game of Everquest? To advance your character through killing monsters for experience and gaining better items from those conquests . If Sony facilitates the process of players buying and selling items and plat to each other it is, in my opinion, a tacit admission that their game is pointless .

Buying and selling in game items from another player is a complete waste of money, again in my opinion, because I receive no tangible benefit from buying an item or plat and, at the same time, reduce my own access to entertainment.

I know not everyone feels this way and there might even be enough people who prefer buying and selling in game items to convince Sony to go forward with this plan. All I can do is let Sony know they won't be getting my subscription fee anymore if they allow this to take place.
Iggy the Wonder Gecko and his pet Savage Lord Ragash

Slabb

Voted that I didn't care.  If people want to blow more money on the game than their monthly fee, that's up to them.  I can't see myself spending any extra money on EQ, however.
Slabb Omeat
Troll Feral Lord
Bristlebane
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1022757

itouch

I voted 'yes', people buy/sell platinum all the time, people buy/sell characters all the time. Having a secure way to do it, (and a way for SoE to track who the sellers are, maybe even to check if the sellers are using explots to gain plat) sounds like a good idea to me.

Felidae

I voted yes.  I've bought and sold stuff and would rather it be achievable in a more secure manner.

RabidMonkey

Think they'll base there prices of existing site prices?
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

Skanda

I voted no.

Why would I want a secure way for people to cheat?

Tastian

"Why would I want a secure way for people to cheat?"

It's currently cheating because it goes againist the rules of the game.  I'm sure that if this were implemented then the rules would change.  That's what my biggest thing was.  To offer such a thing you'd have to change policy.  Yet you can change the policy even without implementing such a change.  I'm wondering if SoE is close to simply going "ah screw it spend RL money if ya want".  It wouldn't make any sense to make such a change and keep it againist the rules.

Konji

I dont think you should be able to buy plat or items at all.
But im not against/actually quite for being able to transfer ownership of accounts fully from one person to another.

On that note, no sense getting worked into a fit over a poll, you know that if they wanna do it they will do it anyway.

mrowrr

Voted yes as well.  I know people who sell stuff all the time to pay for ISP costs for guild websites who without selling wouldn't be able to afford the cost of a high trafficed site etc.  It's sometimes a means to keeping the cost out of your pocket, though I don't believe in using Yantis to do it and I dont' believe in selling your sites to yantis to keep them alive heh.  Is it beneficial to have a broker to buy and sell and should it be SOE? I think if anyone is going to do it and make us feel comfortable about spending cash for a virtual item and actually deliver what you paid for it's going to be SOE.   At least they have control over your virtual items and they can control the transfer and eventual payment as well without the feeling that you will be seriously ripped off in the process.  And daily people are ripped off by the load of crooks that run around on all our servers, yes we have thieves amongst us hehe hard to fathom right?  This would make all the crookedness and shady shit go away finally.

Sorry but buying and selling for cash is not going away.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Lorathir

LORATHIR'S BUFFING BOOTH!

SD £2.99
SOW £0.50
REGROWTH £1.00
ALA £1.00

ALSO OFFERING LEET CAMPING SERVICE. WANT A FBSS? SCHW? PSC? SEAHORSE BELT? NO PROBLEM! I HAVE BOTS PERMA-PARKED THAT'S FARMING ALL THESE ITEMS AND MORE! TOO MUCH OF A P%$&Y TO GET FRIENDS AND EARN YOUR STUFF THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE EARNED? NO PROBLEM, SEND ME A TELL AND WE CAN WORK IT OUT. I KNOW YER A WUSS BUT IT'S OOOKAAAY!

I ACCEPT PAYPAL.