Main Menu

Beasty making bad impression

Started by Gnarloth, January 22, 2004, 02:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnarloth

Oh no - I was looking through another board (eqcleric.com) when I came across this thread.

QuoteSo off I run to GE and join this group which included a couple of guildies and after a couple of pulls I get a tell from the bst saying that he was sitting beside me and wondered what I thought of my new group and would I still consider joining him. I was a bit annoyed really that he'd followed me to GE but I stayed polite and said I'd give the new group half an hour at least. During that half hour he stayed beside me all the time throwing me the odd tell asking how I was getting on. To be honest he was annoying me but just then we had a bad pull and most of our group got wiped, including me. I did notice that he didn't do anything to help us even though he was 59. Anyway to cut a long story short I rezzed whoever needed rezzing and then our main tank said he was leaving so I thought I may aswell try grouping with this guy, mainly to get him off my back but I guess I thought it would be cool to see how much xp I would get if he started killing the red sambata's.

So I leave my group and group with him and we run to where they spawn and the first thing he did was say he was out of mana and he had to med! No idea what he'd been doing at the entrance to GE while he was sitting next to me all that time! Anyway his mana regen seems to be a lot slower than mine but eventually he says he's ready and pulls the first mob which was red to me. Sure enough he kills it but by having his pet melee it while he stood back and nuked. he didn't melee at all and once he'd killed it he announced he was OOM and had to med again. Well in a 40 minute period we killed 3 mobs, 2 reds and a dark blue, he was oom after every kill and I was sitting there thinking why did I leave the previous group!

Eventually I tell him I'm not to happy at the way it was going and he just tells me to follow him. So off we run into ME which I've never been to before and it so happens we're the only two people in the whole zone. There's a few red mobs wandering near the entrance and we both sit down and med to full health and mana when one of these mobs comes running up and attacks him. To my surprise he immediately runs backwards and zones! I couldn't believe it, he was a level 59 with full health and I was at full mana ready to heal him and he zones at 85% health!

I'd had enough by now and once I'd zoned back into DSP I told him this wasn't working as we'd killed 3 mobs in an hour by then and he just said "sorry but spells take all my mana." Now I've grouped with higher level beasties before, about 46 or 47 and they always meleed with their pets but it wasn't my job to tell this guy how to play his class I guess. In the end I just wished I'd stayed with the orginal group but I kinda felt pressurized by this guy to group with him, especially as he stayed by my side the whole time until I did!

It's a real shame when one of our own let's the side down... I don't know who the bst in question was or what server, but I was very dissapointed to read this.

Stalking is one thing (and bad) but when you can't play your class either, it just makes it worse. I would hope the majority of us are much better than this guy! (and from what I read on these boards, I think I can safely say we are!).

Anyway, let me know how this makes you feel... am I wrong to have posted this? I think it makes a good lesson of how NOT to behave when out in public.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

BloodCelt

with our growing popularity as a class, we have begun seeing more of the ugly side.  more and more hollow eyed botted beastlords,  bored other class twinks and the "bandwagon" set are growing in our numbers.

Its up to we,  the dedicated members of the class to try and make sure they do not turn us into what the monks became in its darkest hours (Prior to their vicious nerfing) and maintian our class as one that has had some of the highest quality players in the game.  

A lot of beastlords are converts from what used to be the highest quality played class previously  (Shadowknights from the release/kunark era) and assorted pre-bandwagon monks.  We have quality bloodlines from almost all classes, and a few who even started out the game on the beastlord class.  Now we just have to make sure that our class and its percieved reputation is not hijacked by the unworthy.

Hows that for sounding arrogant? ;p  
I'm happy with it.

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Laba

QuoteA lot of beastlords are converts from what used to be the highest quality played class previously (Shadowknights from the release/kunark era) and assorted pre-bandwagon monks.

Can i hear someone tooting their own horn?  :roll:  :wink:
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Whiptail_Warclaw

How the hell do you go OOM one just one mob? I'm lucky to use 15% of my mana on a normal solo fight.

Sounds like this guy has no wisdom and just no clue how to play a Beastlord.

The Cleric should have just put the Beastlord straight on /ignore from the start.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

BloodCelt

Quote from: Laba
QuoteA lot of beastlords are converts from what used to be the highest quality played class previously (Shadowknights from the release/kunark era) and assorted pre-bandwagon monks.

Can i hear someone tooting their own horn?  :roll:  :wink:

*cough*  actually, I wish I could say I was..   in fact, the highest my SK made before I stored him away the first time for two years was 36.  I was an old school warrior and rogue. and FAR from the most skilled of either class.  I always admired the old school SK's though, they had a real tight community and were all masterful tactitians (At least on pre-split Rathe)

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Scalewulf

It is ashame and I've seen it myself through watching my daughter (and her 58 sk) do groups in LDoN.

An Ogre bst (already shy on wisdom) that felt the need to cast more than melee and I shit you not, sat through most of her adv.  

It was all I could do to keep from sending him a tell saying that he was the worst played bst I'd ever seen.  

The funniest part is that he would brag about being able to take agro from my daughters SK whenever he wanted?!?!?!?!?   LMAO  no shit, dumbf_ck!  If I blow all my mana on my highest agro dots, slow and incapacitate....hhmmm, wonder if God himself could get agro off of me.  
And then sit and med?!?!?  

Jebadias Christmas, who is teaching these fools how to play this class anyway?!?!?

Tooflus Wunder

The problem is nobody is teaching them.  I know from personal experience that I will tell all new BSTs I come across about this website, but there are always those that slip through the cracks.  The biggest problem is the people that think they can play any class just because they played their mage or warrior to lvl 55+.  You see it with most classes, but unfortunately our time has come :(

Ghoat

That is really as much a reflection on bsts to me.  That was justan utter moron, and would have been so playing any class - he just happened to be a bst.  He would be just of much as a tard if he had been a ranger.  /shrug

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Ghoat

er, not as much of a reflection on bsts.

/begs for edit function :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

TheOriginalGronker

Umm .. what does this have to do with BSTs?  Just someone thats boxing his twink/ebay BST while his main is on a raid.  Medding so much and nuking instead of meleeing, claiming 'oom', etc sounds like he is paying attention to something else.

Imo, the original cleric poster could have made many MANY decisions differently as soon as any frustration kicked in.

Kaspur

Reminds me of a quote from Star Wars. "Who's more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

I have noticed a lot more BL's around now days and just about everyone has a BL alt now. I'm hopeing the new Berzerker class will draw some of these bandwagoners away come Feb.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=837551">Kaspur Ghostpaws
Vah Shir Feral Lord

Thrashum Gud

Every class has it's share of "those that think they can play but really can't" and of course those that "know it all and think they have the right to tell others how to play".

Screw them all and just play your own game.  In the process try not to be a complete f-tard, ask other beastlords what they do, and be willing to learn about your chosen class.  I promise all will be well.  

Quality game play will reflect well upon your own reputation and that's about as good as you can ever get.  What others do can't tarnish that.

mac173

Twice I've grouped with Beastlords that did not Melee. One of them knew what he was doing, had his WIS maxxed and kept his Warder buffed and healed. He didn't waste our time waiting for him to med ( and there was no bard or chanter).
The second one seemed to be an ex caster class. His WIS was marginal, kept nuking when Warder was still full of HP's, would run mana out when Warder needed healing, and screem for help when Warder died and Mobs jumped him. When I tried to suggest some different stradegies (conserve mana, Melee) he flamed me about how stupid I was and "I have 3 level 65, Time flagged chars, I don't need advice from YOU, nOOb!" The group leader disbanded him. The entire group cheered. He cursed all the way to the zone line. Our kill rate went up.

Some people think having a level 65 char makes you an expert in all things EQ. I admit that a level 65 char, no matter what class, has substancial knowlege that I don't. But this guy just proved that idiots can show up anywhere.

Razimir

OMG! HAHA! That story was hilarious.

-Raz

Temek

Having played 3 other classes up to 65 Ive met a few idiots on the way.
In the past it used to be Druids that attracted the most immature/immbecilic people to that class but sadly nowadays it does seem to be Beastlords.
:cry:
Temek