Main Menu

Rune drop frequencies

Started by Tigrah, April 30, 2006, 01:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

As of DoD there's at least 2 different expansions worth of zones that drop runes which can be turned in for OOW spells. Anyone have some good data on where, and what has the best ratio of 66-67, 68, and 69-70 rune drops from oow, and dodh? i'm trying to figure out where's the best place to help my guild farm runes for oow spells, we're way too far behind at this level of the game.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kroshx

Murkglider Schoolleader in NC drops two Greaters every time he dies. Hulcror drops a Greater, as well, with the addition of some decent gear. I've seen Shyra (DoD Raid mob) drop a Greater/Glowing upon death. She's a bit harder to kill, though.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Sariss Bloodscale

shyra's dropped 2 greaters every time that we've killed her.  Also 5 $%&*ing Range items in 3 kills.  I want my claw!!

Tigrah

Quote from: Sariss Bloodscale on April 30, 2006, 06:29:06 AM
shyra's dropped 2 greaters every time that we've killed her.  Also 5 $%&*ing Range items in 3 kills.  I want my claw!!

How do I initiate this event? I can't find jack on it on allah.

Sariss Bloodscale

Allah's, for whatever reason, is just months behind on quest stuff.  The place to go is Samanna's Reference Desk, and for DoD specifically, here

You get Shyra's mission from Nightmoon, in the northwest of Undershore.

Gunzak

Slave Driver Menlo, which isn't too far from School Leader, always drops 2 Greater and 1-3 items.  I have been in about 10 kills of him and he always droped 2 Greaters and usually 1 or 2 items.  He has droped 3 items once though.  He repops every 24 hours after being killed.  Last time I killed him there were about 12 of us I believe though I know he can be done by less.  I saw the School Leader taken by a single group who then popped the epic version and killed him again with the same single group.

Nusa

Quote from: Sariss Bloodscale on April 30, 2006, 06:29:06 AM

We've seen the claw exactly twice in ~20 kills, mine in January, and a second last week. I've heard 6% chance quoted by another guild, which means we're ahead of the odds currently if true.

As for runes, glowings drop too, but greaters are predominant. It' s a nice loot encounter for beastlords, as half the possible drops are beastlord usable. But don't expect to farm it unless you have a really heavy tank, solid healers, and plenty of dps.

Tigrah

I tried the school leader with a guild group the other day and we wiped 3x before giving up. We lacked sorely on pullers....

Kroshx

Hehe, chanter train for the win!
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

tunr

My Guild did Menlo and then Schoolleader last night. Menlo was a push over. For School leader you need to pull it to the open area in the trench near the WoS zin otherwise the adds will take you out. We pulled it to the trench infront of the area where schoolleader spawns and had issues with the mobs repoping in the trench.

Each dropped 2 greater runes, so 4 guildies got some spells last night.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Essant

Mat Shyra is a raid mob, Tigrah .. AV did her a couple of months ago  .. but she's really not that hard at all.  EoF *might* be able to handle her if you got a good turnout of healers.  We never really farmed her that much .. maybe killed her 5-6 times that I remember, but we did see the claws once.  Pretty nice if you dont have anguish access yet, as they were just about anguish grade weapons.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Grbage

RCoD named are good for farming various runes, of course greater and glowing drop rate is lower. If the zone is clear you can hold down quite a few PH's. Some of them can be soloed by a decently geared 70 bst and most are really easy if you just take along a healer.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Taiglin

I was just thinking about hitting the place up for some runes, gear, alt gear, old times, etc. Need to find a basic guide for sniping some PHs (if possible). Would be a 2/3 box effort.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]