Main Menu

Level 70 Slow - still high resist rate.

Started by Taiglin, August 07, 2006, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

Long story short I got this spell this weekend; was majorly psyched. While I didn't expect slow resists to totally go away the first mob I fought resisted this slow 2x lol. Certainly there is the RNG factor on top of everything. While my overall resist rate for the night went down it sure was a lot higher then what I expected it to be. Did a Gimblox(so?) run and found I got many resists there as well. I guess I had a picture in my mind where resists would be the exception after getting this spell.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kanan

certain mobs have a decent MR and therefore resist a decent amount.  I'm betting if you take it to certain other places (I had a lotta resists over in Gimplax too back when) where the MR is more normal, and not so ridiculous (last time I did a one group anguish aug run, i gave up trying to slow lightning warriors), you will find it works better than the other slow.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Skanda

Quote from: Kanan on August 07, 2006, 06:41:14 PM
(last time I did a one group anguish aug run, i gave up trying to slow lightning warriors),

You and me both. It really isn't too bad in most areas though. I can usually get most mobs slowed within one or two casts.

Rhoam

Well, at present with the 65 slow I can get most mobs slowed with one -two casts, even in RSS or Dodh arc missions. I have always had trouble with the lightning warriors and the huvul guys in MPG. So does the new 70 slow spell really make that much of a difference?

Shamno

General usage wise the 70 slow does seem a might better to me, but there are times I swear the 65 does get better success in certain areas. When my guild was doing Uqua I used my 65 version because is seemed to work more often the the 70. Somedays the RNG is a fickle little man but there are other days I swear it is almost too good.

Pakratz

I don't see much difference.  But the absolute best thing is both can be loaded at once to cut way down on recast time.

Taiglin

I could probably put both slows in the same hotkey macro and have the lvl 70 one fire first. Click again and it will bypass the 70 slow because it is down and fire the lvl 65 version.

Sorry, did some lvl 70 LDoNs last night and thinking outloud. Most pulls had from 1-3 mobs.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Rilelil

If I'm the slower in group generally ill have both slows loaded depending on the content if DoD group mission 70 slow will land about everytime the first try on such as the Lightning warriors where resists are a bit more common and I'm having difficulty in slowing and no mage or bard in group to debuff ill cast Annul magic then slow and it will generally hit on first attempt after.  As far as the lightning warriors in anguish. Theres no way i even bother i don't think Ive ever landed a slow on one of them. The Minis i can actually get a partial to land after one or 2 casts tho.

hakaaba

the minis all have surprisingly low resists -- at least to magic, including the lightning warrior looking one.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

shmooshed

70 slow is obviously going to be better at avoiding resists than the 65 based on the check in the spell data.  Saying the 65 slow sometimes gets less resists is just bad RNG or a myth.  That said, the 70 slow is hardly better.  The difference in resist check is so dang small, but....better than nothing.  Considering we cant lower resistances for our slow like other classes....i am not sure why we got a smaller resist check than other slowers.....  I can only assume its because of shaman sabre rattling.

hakaaba

Rashere said there's gonna be a new resist formula with the expansion, but it's anyone's guess whether or not our "slowing situation" will be better or worse because of it.  We'll just have to see.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))