Main Menu

Pet focus not increasing?

Started by Vidyne, May 19, 2007, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

It seems that servitor of scale is the same power as spire servant.
It also seems that the new "placeholder" entry on lucy/etc for spike covered loop will also be the same power as spire servant...

Anyone know why pet focuses aren't getting any stronger?

Inphared

They are increasing. The actual power increase noted on Lucy isn't the value that your pet increases. It just tells the game which pet template to summon while you have that focus equipped. While I'm not sure why there isn't a number change on Lucy for the top three focuses, I can tell you that there is a difference.

Khauruk

What is happening is that as pet levels are increasing, pet foci are degrading like spell foci.  So, a focus that was 'pet power' 45 at lvl70 is now power 40 at lvl75, and will be power 35 at lvl80.

With that, the low end foci are being obsoleted.  Summoner's Boon has no impact on a lvl71+ pet, for example.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

iamweaver

Quote from: Inphared on May 19, 2007, 04:53:59 PM
They are increasing. The actual power increase noted on Lucy isn't the value that your pet increases. It just tells the game which pet template to summon while you have that focus equipped. While I'm not sure why there isn't a number change on Lucy for the top three focuses, I can tell you that there is a difference.
According to the Mage Compendium, it's because the spells no longer use this number to choose the appropriate template.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis