Main Menu

Places to Solo the last of 63/64/65

Started by Morganti, February 23, 2004, 10:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morganti

Aside from those places listed in the sticky, does anyone have any suguestions for places to solo self buffed that provide decent enough regular XP to be worth soloing there at all?

Regular XP sucks in general, but that is becasue i remember the days of leveling once every session...it has slowly draged out to once every like 18 sessions (/sigh)

any ideas?

~D~

Hereki

Solo: deep Nurga or Droga.

Decent experience, mobs not too tough, reasonably safe pulls.  Not much else to say, really.  You can find plenty of dark blue mobs in Nadox or Torgiran Mines, but they would not really be my choice, as they are tougher.

Tastian

64 I did planarian larvae in PoV a bit.  Was getting 1% a kill I think and 4(ish)% AA a kill.  They are right at 59 though so exp drops off quite a bit after you ding 65.  Not easy fights by any means, but if you can do it then you might want to try just to change things up.  PoN works, droga, nurga, etc.  Basically just get through it and then things start to go much faster.  You'll be able to get atleast 1 AA a play session most likely.

Dakat

Leveling in a group is still the fastest way to get to the next level.  62, 63 and 64 (killing in these levels to get to the next) is very long and tedious if you do it solo.

The higher end game, grouping, is pretty much a requirement to get to 65. Soloing, It probably has been done and will continue to be done by the soloist.

Getting there through grouping has many advantages.  You get to meet new people in which someone may become your new best friend.  You get to show off your skill and techniques that you have learned, might even impress a few people in the process. Doing so will only make people like you even more, which in turn will have them almost begging you to join them when they are looking for a replacement.  Nothing makes you feel as great as being out somewhere soloing when a group calls you out of nowhere and invites you along for an adventure only because you left a great impression on their minds the last time you met even if you were not looking for a group.

Killing in a group also allows you to kill higher level mobs, which will yield more exp per kill solo. See like mobs in Plane of Valor, are average level 60+. With the Razorfiends being the highest around 63 yeilds the most exp per hour then a lot of places.  Not to mention that POP zones have a larger exp modifier then any other place. Combined with the added exp bonus each member of a group receives.  Also, do not forget to add in the added exp bonus that you get for killing creatures that are equal to your groups level.  A group of 63's killing mobs level 63 will get a lot more exp then if that same group was killing level 55 mobs.

This is just something I though I should mention, cause it just appeared you were looking for a way to get though those levels as quick as you can.

For you in an example,  Say you have soloed all your Beastlords life.  Which would probably mean that perhaps no one knows you well or at all.  Which will make it difficult to find a group.  Since to me it seems if you are remembered for being a good player or a screw up when in groups, they will remember you.  

With that said, here are some recommendations that I did when I just didn't feel like grouping (PMS).  

Plane of Innovation =  After 62, with the new pet, this spot became almost trivial. I would go get a KEI and Virtue, zone in and make/buff pet and buff self. Camp right at the zone out stone.  Pull everything that walks by first, then the static spawns.  Usually this place was always camped by one group or another, so it made pulling singles rather easy.  Slow and kill em.  Mobs never ran, except the little guy (obsolete model) so you can go out and grab another while pet finishes the last one.  I was able to continuous pull all the time. I didn't have the greatest gear at the time, everything was bought.  

Plane of Justice  =  In the basement or cave.  There are several places here that you can solo.  You can kill the Goers, 2 on right side of second prison and 2 on the left.  If you go further down on the right side to the basement, pass the Guardians, this is a decent camp called 4 spawn on my server.  It's 4 mobs that spawn every 10 minutes. Easy to solo, but long wait if your good.  Just beyond that is what some refer to as the Gauntlet.  Its a long corridor with 8 spawns, 2 spawns at a time facing each other.  This place was where I would hang out because it provided a few coins after you sold their loot to the vendors.

You might want to give Acrylia Caverns and perhaps Greigs End a try.  I do recall that both these zones had mobs that are blue to me at 65. However I can't recall how good of regular exp they provided because I never hunted them until reaching 65 and looking for solo spots to grind out some AA.  Whatever you do or decide, let us know how it goes and what you did.  Would like to hear what you did.

PS.  If you are the soloist and just feel you cant get a group, try this.  Get on, go to the most popular zones that put pick-up groups together. PoV (used to be popular), BoT (Bastion of Thunder, no longer need to be flagged once you reach 62) are 2 POP places.  If you want a group but don't want to spend an hour running around looking for a group, just go solo someplace close by.  Remember though to keep your LFG flag on at all times. Eventually, someone will send you a tell to come join them. Just be patient.

Hereki

You need Inner Acrylia to find dark blue mobs at 64/65.  At 62, probably all of Outer is light blue.

I'll disagree with the grouping idea.  Sure, if a group is fully functional, it is faster exp than solo, and so it should be.  However, the chances of getting a group to start when you want, keep going without pause until you are ready to stop, focus on exp rather than nameds, and being composed of competent people with the same aim as you - are slim to none.

Once you reach 65+Sha's+Paragon, you'll be in demand.  Before then, getting a group may take longer.

The other factor is that, without AAs, it will take longer to get those levels.  I think I soloed 63/64 in under 10 hours each, but with around 50 AAs; it would have taken much longer, probably 15 hours per level, with no more than 18 AAs - I don't have a feel for less well AAed beastlords, but probably not more than 25% longer.