Main Menu

Droga, Great Loot, good xp, easy

Started by KungFool, March 06, 2004, 08:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hussar

It all depends on your gear really.

Personally I solo a little ways in from the nurga ZL (the lowest one on the map), mobs only hit for 149 ish, but i'v seen as high as 160.

Been doing it since the start of lv 59, nearly 62 now.  It gets *much* easier with the lv 60 slow and pet, but is do-able before then.

Mobs in order of difficulty --

Stone Seer - Very easy mobs overall, hp isnt overly big, and they spend an aweful lot of time casting weak cold DD's.

Enraged Spider - Tend to have the same hp as stone seer's, and also seem to miss more than most.

Sneak (or something) - rogue type mob, their dps is slightly higher than the warrior mobs, but its compensated by their lower hp and lower ac.

Cave Guardian - Warrior type, have massive hp (comparativly), also can dish out a good bit of damage, but nothing major.

Ice Adept - Wizzy mob, dont let that fool you, they nuke like mad, everything from draughts (fast cast nukes), to lures (low resist), to ice comet.  

Edit : Changed, thx Burrix :)

One thing to note about ice adepts, they cast lots of fire spells, only real ice spell is Ice comet, which they do mabey 1 in every 4 casts or there about.

Theres no named that side of droga, but the exp is good, and you can happily run around in there with 99.99% single pulls as long as you pick the targets right.

I tend to tank 90% of the time.
Best thing to do is pet tank the stone seer's, their dps is so pathetic (slowed) you can just sit there and have a good old med while the pet bites its head off.  

I'd like to point out, the exp is slightly faster in nurga, at the first Droga ZL.   I can happily killl 5 - 10 gobo's in that bit before even having to heal. But droga is more fun than killing hordes of low blues. :)

Hope that helps.

Edit : Fixed spacing. :)
Hussar Lv 63 Furball Feral Lord

Thandor Lv 68 Wanna'be Gnome Coercer

Burrix

Just a little comment on Hussar his post from an old wizard.

Draughts are not lures, they're fast casting DDs.
Lures are a different line of spells.
Burrix <Infectus> - Lvl 65 Beastlord on Valon Zek

Goldenpine

how is the exp down here? And would a 65druid+60Beastlord+60SK be able to take this place trio? Thanks

Hereki

Exp always seemed about the same as Nurga (in the same level areas).  Mob levels range from low 50s to low 60s; the higher mobs have more hp, of course.  Your trio should be good in most places, but the higher end will still be tough - a very small aggro radius and few wanderers means that you shouldn't get swarmed at any point.

Gorrill

Yes, I know I am bumping an old thread, but spending time in Droga, just wanted to realy my thoughts.

I XP'ed my whole lvl 62 at Ice Adept Amizok camp. Starting in his wing, having a KEI/Viction and self buffs, I was able to clear whole wing. When I went to pull the PH, I couldn't figure a way to split all three. So I melee'd one while pet took out two, with a couple heals and DD. I was getting 1% per 3 kills.

Now that I have dinged 63, XP slowed down to 5 or 6 kills for 1%. But AAXP seems to be 2 kills for 3%. Of course I have moved to Stone Seer Kaigek. Trying ot get to the point where I can clear his room and the room across form him. So far not keeping up with pops, but in due time.

Bibble

Hunting around same places as Gorrill, AAxp at 65 is about 2% per kill. Not as good as the hole, but the dark blue mobs are way easier. Can chain kill about 4-5 before stopping to heal. Money is great, despite the fact there are no gems. Camps drop decent loot that sell for 1k-2k, or use as tribute.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)