Main Menu

Compiled list of level 60 - 64 SOLO hunting grounds

Started by Jaeren, January 03, 2004, 06:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaeren

Ok, this post was originally on that "other" beastlord forum and was compiled by Lewzephyr. Hadn't been updated in a bit but I'll try to update this as much as I can. I'm personally level 65 and tend to two or three box now so personal experience probably won't be mine unless I get REALLY bored and make another beastlord on another account ;)

So, any help on other locations and especially to flesh out this guide better and include which mobs for most of the zones at the least, if not links to other threads / guides with more detail would be helpful as well as any corrections.

- Old World - Permafrost - Bear Caves
 - Old World - SolB - LDC's
 - Kunark - Skyfire - Burning Woods near Ragefire spawn avoid the Chromatics
 - Kunark - Nurga
 - Kunark - Karnor's Castle: basement. Just kill skeletal soldiers and prisoners
 - Velious - Velks Lab
 - Velious - Wakening Lands - Geos
 - Luclin - Katta Castellium
 - Luclin - Acrylia Caverns - All dark blue at 59, 60% dark blue at 60
 - Luclin - Fungus Grove - Shrooms
 - Luclin - Akheva Ruins - Aliens
   - PoP - Plane of Justice
   - PoP - Plane of Disease - Flies
 - LoY - Nadox - zone from T-mines is OK exp and loot. Mobs are (mostly) DB to 60, though the casters start to LB at 57.
 - LoY - Dulak - Ships
 - LoY - Torgiran Mines - Bridge area and Nadox zone line

- Old World
 - Kunark - Chardok
 - Kunark - Old Sebilis
 - Kunark - Nurga
 - Velious - Velks Lab - Spiders turning Light Blue
 - Luclin - Fungus Grove - Mushrooms
 - Luclin - Acrylia Caverns
 - PoP
 - LoY - Naddox - Safe Spot by lava bridge

- Old World
 - Kunark - Chardok
 - Kunark - Old Sebilis
 - Kunark - Nurga
 - Kunark - Veksar
 - Velious - Velks Lab
 - Velious - Dragon Necropolis
 - Luclin - Fungus Grove - Mushrooms
 - Luclin - Maidens Eye
 - Luclin - The Deep
 - Luclin - Acrylia Caverns - Turning Light Blue may need to go to inner
   - PoP - PoD - Flies
   - PoP - PoN - by waterfall
 - LoY - Torgiran Mines

- Old World
 - Kunark - Nurga - mostly lt blue at 65
 - Kunark - Droga
 - Kunark - Veksar
 - Kunark - Old Sebilis
 - Kunark - Chardok
 - Kunark - City of Mist
 - Velious - Siren's Grotto
 - Velious - Dragon Necropolis
 - Luclin - Fungus Grove - Mushrooms, Shik'Nar
 - Luclin - Acrylia Caverns - Outer and Inner Acrylia
 - Luclin - Sanctus Seru - Catwalk
 - Luclin - Akheva Ruins
 - Luclin - Maidens Eye
 - Luclin - The Deep
 - Luclin - Tenerobus Mountains - Vampires
   - PoP - PoN
 - LoY - Torgiran Mines

- Old World
 - Kunark - Nurga - mostly lt blue at 65
 - Kunark - Droga
 - Kunark - Veksar
 - Kunark - Old Sebilis
 - Kunark - Chardok
 - Kunark - City of Mist
 - Velious - PoM
 - Luclin - The Deep
 - Luclin - Tenerobus Mountains - Vampires
 - PoP - PoN - Hedge
 - PoP - BoT - Turkeybees(?)
 - LoY - Torgiran Mines

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Juvaris

I cant see people killing Stormriders SOLO before they get to 65 quite honestly
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

Hereki

This applies to all of those hunting area lists - I think they were made without personal experience of all the areas (not surprisingly), and were collected from mainly the monk boards without really editing for beastlord suitability.  As a result, some surprising choices are in there.

Tailzin

I'm not sure if Chardok had its exp modifier taken away, but at 56-57...exp is so slow at the ZI/ZO out area, would highly recommend not making the run there anymore.

Used to see a 65 BST a long time ago in there pulling them all (must have been light blue to him) - something must have changed since, and exp at 60+ unless you can get further into the zone solo will be snared heavily :P
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Hereki

ZI/ZO mobs are almost all light blue at 65.  Exceptions are the Veteran Drillmaster, who is often there, and the mobs at the gate.

Sempai

I started at the hedge in PoN at 62. Sure the camp is much easier at later levels, but if you are willing to let your pet do some of the work then you can handle one mob at a time at that level.

As for Stormriders, sure you could kill one at 64, but to grind experience, I think you need to be 65 and well equipped. I grind experience on them now, but I do not see how someone at 64 could do it efficiently.

Deep inside Acrylia Caverns, old inner acrylia, is all dark blue at 65. While I was 65 before the revamp, I would imagine you could solo it by level 63.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Jaeren

Yeah, the list was gathered by someone else to begin with. Once I have time and input, I'd like ot have it redone as mostly a list of viable xp options, not jsut a "hey look i can solo a mob here.. takes me all day and it's horribly ineffective though" list ;)

My real problem is that I'm 65 with 15aa (only 15 since i've been concentrating on leveling up my cleric & shaman account more than my beastlord so have been letting them get most of the xp ;)) so I can't test firsthand a lot of these areas and most of my leveling after 60ish was in PoV or LDON in marathon sessions since I was grinding full out to get 65 and join a guild at the time.

WoW - Medivh (Retired):

[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Kinash

I solo in Acrylia all the time at level 63 (it has been my home since level 57). In the Outer part of the zone all are light blue except the Primalist, Ritualist and Bloodpriest. In the Inner Sanctum all are Dark Blue, but are a pain in the butt to solo as there are 2 Grimlings behind each archway, so you can't single pull them usually. You can fight each Grimling successfully 1 on 1, but If you have 2 on you you better have lots of mana and be ready to cast heals!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Lewzephyr

Quote from: HerekiThis applies to all of those hunting area lists - I think they were made without personal experience of all the areas (not surprisingly), and were collected from mainly the monk boards without really editing for beastlord suitability.  As a result, some surprising choices are in there.

Yep, I compiled the list on the old forums before I was in the 60's.  I was collecting a list of places to hunt in this level range "before" I got to the range, so I could make a hunting plan.
The logic I used when pulling some info from the Monk forums was, "If a monk could solo it, a beast would Own it".  Yet much of the info was pulled directly from the beastlord forums and added to the list.
  Oh, and the reason it hadnt been updated (last update was 10/8), was noone had any new locations for hunting, otherwise as an active member I would have updated the info.

Good hunting
Quyx Shadostyx - 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Sekani - 57 Iksar Monk
Aoumin - 53 Eurdite Necromancer
Fulcon - 40 Wood Elf Druid
Loyal Members of Da Hui on Quellious

Jaeren

Locking post as Lewzephyr should be resposting and continuing to update these lists.

WoW - Medivh (Retired):