Main Menu

Greig's End and AA question

Started by Dongus, November 03, 2004, 03:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dongus

I have been in GE since level 57 now and I have to say the exp is moving along very quickly so far.  I'm half way through level 60 now and the exp is great.  I knwo 60 is a "half level" but solo i get over 1% per kill and groups are just awesome.

I'm looking to get to 65 reletively fast but I was wondering what would be more efficient.  Should i stay 60 for now, get a bunch of AAs, say about 30 then move on or get to 65 or 62 at least and do the AAing?  I was wondering if anyone knows what levels are most efficient for grinding out some AAs.  Figuring that level 60 is such a joke, that maybe AAs at 60 were very easy as well.  But if that's not the case, getting the 62 pet might be the better road to take.  Not sure, but I know I will be in GE for the time being, this zone is awesome exp.  

-Dongus

Oneiromancer

This question probably belongs in the AA Discussion section, since that's really what you're asking about.  The 62 pet is a huge upgrade to your pet so that would be the biggest reason to level first in my opinion.

I'm level 68 and I still do AAs in GE, so you don't have to worry about "outgrowing" GE for a while.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Birdienumnum

My plan was to stop at lvl 60 and concentrate on AA's.
However, I changed my mind, and now plan on getting to lvl 62, then to do the AA's.
The lvl 62 pet was the big deciding factor for me.
You are right about lvl 60 exp. being a lot easier than the upper 50's. BEEEg difference  :P
Birdienumnum

Oneiromancer

61's gonna suck though.  :D

Game on,

Mangorn

61 was definitely more of a challenge than 60. I just ground through it about a week ago myself. and I'm just about finished with 62 now, but gonna hold just shy of level 63 and work AA's. I've been spending quite a bit of time this past week in GE myself, and have to say that while it can get mind numbing after awhile, it is an excellent place to grind out XP/AA's. What I was wondering is if you notice any decrease in AA rate as you level up in here (yea I know, wrong forum, but loosely related to this post) Specifically for you Oneiromancer, at 68, the mobs are significantly lower level than you now, and while you still get XP for AA's in GE, is it slower than it would be for me at 62? I'm assuming so, as I get that "within 5 level" bonus I believe (well from the mobs in the bedrooms at least) otherwise is there any significant difference? Granted, you have the higher level pets and spells, but I'm curious, as I definitely am doing quite well at 62. With my monk friend and my 62 MAG alt we can crank some scary AA's, with no prep time needed, just log in, run over, and start slaughtering, and additional PC's that wander through and join us is just so much frosting on the cake.

Mangorn
Mangorn's current crud

Saryrn Server - Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

Oneiromancer

We had another post on this in the AA Discussion forum, how fast you get AAs...basically, in GE I get 1-2% AA per mob.  With KEI and 9 and pet toys, I can get an AA/hour...take away some of those bonuses and the time increases, of course.  More typical is 80-90 minutes/AA, when I am just mindlessly grinding while reading a book.  Which is still faster than no experience at all while LFG.  :D

Seems to me like you wouldn't get that within 5 level bonus except for the mobs in the center, closer to Grieg, past the portcullis from the DSP side.  Those mobs aren't too much harder in terms of damage to me, it seems, but they have quite a bit more hit points, enough to make them not so useful for grinding.  I use them when PLing people though.

Game on,

Fin Beast

IMO your question is answered by your gear.

Do you have the clicky pet haste legs?

If you do then get 62 and grind some AA.

If you do not get 63 (the haste lasts...what 3x longer than the 59).

I have the legs and blew out 23AA's in no time at 62...now want to push to 64/5 and blow out another 30 or so.