Main Menu

New playground.

Started by ShaitynAB, January 26, 2004, 09:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaitynAB

Been hunting in Veksar quite a bit recently and have really enjoyed the heck out of it.  Pre-60 I just solo'd the bloodgills right at the zone in, actually a named or two that pop there.  

Once I got the 60 slow (or whenever necro wife is around with her super dooper undead slow) I have solo'd/duo'd as far in as the church/shop areas.  Bring a KEI if going past the zone-in...these are 250ish hitters.

Nice little zone, decent experience, pretty good loot and as an added bonus...nothing that I've hunted so far seems to run.

All and all, give it a big thumbs up.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Morganti

watch out for the bloodgil shaman...they like to gate and bring friends :D

Rixis

I didn't find the exp all that great.  There are other perks, though.  At 60 the zone in mobs are almost all DB and easily soloed.  You will see the majority of the mobs closer to zone in as LB, though.  

Self buffed I could clear em all out with very little downtime.  They hit like pansies, too.  And don't run(BIG plus for any dungeon soloing beastlord).  I've got a backpack full of their steel weapons, need to see how they sell to vendor.  If you can hold a named camp and get lucky, money would definitely be good(Rotting shopkeeper drops a 30k(on my server) haste belt-soulscream belt).

Veksar is also a nice looking zone.  Props to whoever designed and modeled it.  I just wouldn't recommend it for experience purposes.

Dakat

Those weapons you refer too have the same resell value as Fine Steel does.  

It would be an nice place to hang out, but one thing that always deters me from going there.  

It's always (good spots) camped.  I personally, do not like traveling for 15 minutes by running to a place only to find out it's already camped and have to turn around and run back to find another area to hunt.