Main Menu

Update on top 10 list (8/6/04)...

Started by Tastian, August 07, 2004, 12:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathartic

Im not sure where this aggro issue is coming from as i have no problem with taking aggro from the tank.  I wield a shinai in the primary, jagged oynx staff in the offhand and have upwards of 1500 unbuffed attack.  I can blow my damage disc with frenzy shortly after the fight and still not take aggro all the while casting nukes and DoTing with my turepta blood.
Other issue i dont really understand is the feral swipe i have critted with dam disc for over a 1000 with this ability.  I dont understand why you would want to change it to a deaggro ability or to cancel out kick.  With the issue on it not hitting very much i have had a few times where it will miss but normally it hits for something and normally higher than kick. I think the people having problems with this ability are those who rush through the AAs to get it and expect it to be like a monk flying kick or something, it is not and i do not believe it should be we do enough dps as is. Remember that GoD came out as a high end expansion a reason why alot do not like it.  For those with higher attack i do not see there being any real feasible problem with feral swipe.

Cathartic

a_moss_snake_001

Cathartic. The problems we have with Feral Swipe are:-

a) It has range issues, big ones, when using it you will frequently see the out of range message even when your on top of the sucker. This may be due to the Z axis or some kind of min range vs max range problem.

b) It misses, frequently. For an attack we can only use once every 60 secs it should have a significantly better hit rate.

c) Its damage range is a little too wide, you can get swipes for 34 and you can get swipes for 534. Again due to re-use time this can be a problem. In its current form it should have a min damage of at least 100.

Currently Feral Swipe adds less average dps than Kick (when used as often as possible), it also takes up another Hotkey slot and costs us AA points. It is NOT a good AA and thats why we want it changed. Rather than ask for it to be upgraded we wish to kill two birds with one stone and change this to a skill we can use once a minute to lower our aggro which YOU may not notice but most of us do (especially with a less than uber tank and trying to go all out dps).

Iskandar

Quote from: a_moss_snake_001Rather than ask for it to be upgraded we wish to kill two birds with one stone and change this to a skill we can use once a minute to lower our aggro which YOU may not notice but most of us do (especially with a less than uber tank and trying to go all out dps).

Not everyone wants Feral Swipe to be a deaggro skill though. Many (myself included) would rather it just be tweaked to fix the range, miss/hit ratio, and variable damage -- all of which is a fairly straightforward change for the programmers. Turning it into a deaggro skill would just give us 9 AA to spend elsewhere. Personally, I'd rather have lower aggro for dots in general and a SCS AA for added aggro control, since dot usage is the main time I garner unwanted aggro nowadays (which is why I use Frost Spear and Ice Shard more than dots -- better damage with a cold focus, much less aggro than dots, and can usually get both to cast twice in a typical fight, giving me more damage than a dot run would).
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Grymlok

Quote from: CatharticIm not sure where this aggro issue is coming from as i have no problem with taking aggro from the tank.  I wield a shinai in the primary, jagged oynx staff in the offhand and have upwards of 1500 unbuffed attack.  I can blow my damage disc with frenzy shortly after the fight and still not take aggro all the while casting nukes and DoTing with my turepta blood.

Frankly, I've got to call  BS there.  Disc'd, dotting, and nuking, and you dont take aggro?  Either your MT is some freakish aggro-god, or you aren't playing the same game as the rest of us.

The Berserker: Foecussed