Main Menu

Tastian, your vision of our role

Started by Choppin, August 28, 2004, 06:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppin

" Our role has nothing to do with snap agro or pulling mobs off of others."

Sorry but I pull mobs off others getting beat on (chanters, clerics) at least a dozen times on a long raid, I do that via slow + hit protective spirit + sitdown, it works very nice to save squishie people.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

You weren't quoting me there, you were quoting liga hehe.  I pull mobs off clerics/casters all the time.  Even more so now that healing them simply isn't a viable option imo.  I went in and changed the formatting so hopefully it's more clear now.

This again brings up the issue of beastlord versitility though.  Some beastlords want to see their dps go up more.  Some want to see more utility via better cures/etc.  Some feel that their tanking is just a bit too far behind at this point.  When it comes to something like roar of thunder then you really see the different opinions start to fly.  Some want more sustained dps via faster refresh.  Some want longer stun.  Some want AE.  Some want DEaggro instead of stun.  Those are just the beginning too hehe.  

If you still want you can PM me or e-mail me and I'll tell ya what *I* do, but in the context of this forum and the correspondent role the simple truth is my opinion and my personal behavoir mean almost nothing.  hehe

Urim

Our role and what we can do are very seperate things in most situations. I can tank mobs if needed but is tanking our role? Most certainly not, so while we can get quick agro and get mob of another person that isn't exactly our role. In my opinion our role is to provide reasonable (not exceptional) dps while also providing utility such as slows and buffs and fill in for other roles in a very diminished capacity if ever needed.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Liga

Thank you Urim, you understood what I wrote.

While we can do things, that doesnt mean its our role.  I can walk from Florida to New York, but thats not my role :p.

Kherash

Someone said "vision"? Not a good idea.

Hoepfully, we will see our role more clearly after OOW (Check the updates). Might be good. might be bad. We will see.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Choppin

ah sorry Tastian, guess I read that wrong, so I disagree with Liga's vision, I can live with that easier :P
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Liga

You really think its the role of one of the worst defensive melee classes to pull agro off of other classes?

Bengali

Quote from: LigaYou really think its the role of one of the worst defensive melee classes to pull agro off of other classes?

If you're pulling it from classes who defend even worse (there are at least 7), then yes.

Saying that beastlords should never want or receive a tool that they can use to pull aggro because they are the worst defensive melee/hybrid is like saying that paladins shouldn't want or receive any tools for dps because they are the worst offensive melee/hybrid.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Liga

Alright, it seems you find yourself grouping with people where you are the best suited for the job then.  I, myself, never find that I am the one who "should" be pulling agro off of the less prepared(I find ench to be better prepared than me with two runes and mez).  I am not saying, nor have I ever said that we shouldnt do that, what I am saying is that it isnt in our role.  We are in need of other things that already fit our role in this game.

But to quote Joey Tribiani, its a Moo point, ya know, like a cows opinion.(yes, I know its moot)

Stromgaard

I love our class... I love the fact that we CAN tank when necessary, and would HATE to loose my ability to pull aggro off of softskin's  :wink:  . We are "ok" DPS wise and have some nice utilities - damn I love the versatility of our class :D