Main Menu

For those with Pet Affinity

Started by Bloodgod, June 24, 2004, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_moss_snake_001

QuoteDon't get me wrong, they aren't militant about it, and I'm sure if I raised enough of a stink, they would let me. It's also not all about me though. Pets in VT are a pain, because everything AE's, and the confines are small. I don't use a pet in Air, too cramped. Water no, too cramped. Earth yes. Fire yes. Alot of times it just depends on the situation. I try to take into consideration everyone else, trying to target and move around that big ole doggy is a pain sometimes. Plus alot of times I am so busy off tanking, or slowing, or healing or whatever, so alot of times the pet just is just a nuissance. Anyway, sorry for the derail.

No offense intended but it sounds like you'd be less hampered playing a warrior, shadowknight/paladin or even a monk. Would seem to suit your raiding playstyle a little better.

As for Pet Affinity. I bought it and I love it, its value to me is immense. Never regretted it. However when I bought it I already had 300+ AA's spent in other areas.

Vidyne

Pets shouldnt be allowed on mob 2 of Carprin cycle

Pets shouldnt be allowed on Shei in AR

Those type of mobs you shouldnt have pet.

Bengali

Fair point, but by the same token those are the only two encounters where I can say it makes sense to tell someone they can't summon a pet even if they want to.

Otherwise, there's no reason to generally prohibit pets.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

psycattik

I waited till I had like 350 aa before I got it. It helps keep my pet alive alot when raiding Time, because of added buffs and bard resist. All and all I like it but it was way down on priority list thats why i waited so long. I really don't notice the pet doing anymore dps with the buffs, only good thing is he gets more hp and paragon and wood heals his ass now lol.

psycattik

Vidyne

I agree, if pet hold.. go wild, unless its blocking targeting or something...

Deiadrox

I dont have pet affinty yet, but I plan on getting it soon, or after the 200aa mark.  There were many more AA I would prefer before PA, mainly my own defensive AAs aswell as some Offensive.  Lets keep it real here, You>>your pet, so keep yourself alive first and make sure you have higher dps than your pet.  Pet health and group heals are insane to have on a raid, especially in the elemental zones, where most mobs ae in the 1000s and often(Blazzax the Omnifiend type mobs, or Rizlona in solro)
That being said, after I pick up WA5(drop SPF DAMMIT!) I will pursue the 20aa needed for PA.  For non-raiders, I do not recomend this aa unless you have a billion already.

Mathrax

I raid a lot and find this AA one of the coolest I've bought. It's so nice to see pet getting 7 and virtue each time it's MGB:d or grouped. But best of all is that it gets affected by group heals, MGB:d heals and curse removes as well! This has really made my pet live longer! In the GoD zone Qvic there is a couple of sheepladies with surname M'Sha (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=15246) which we fight as often as we can. They cast mean AE:s, small but often, that previously used to eat my pet really fast, even faster than Quarm in Time. Now when pet also get the group heals he lives as long as I do. Wonderful!

If you don't raid or group much you may have better use of other AA:s, but in other cases it rocks!

Konji

Best raid AA By A long shot,
Its not even bad for solo or grouping.

My pet at a minimum soloing always has SD/SV =)

But with that said, its not a AA for someone to get if they are just starting AA's, I wouldnt recomend it untill you have atleast crosssed the 150 aa mark at a minimum.

Kaarraj

I love this aa.  The ONLY way that I can possibly see it not helping you is if you only do LDoN.  In which people buff outside the zone.

Any other time this aa is great.

- SoT, Brells, or SV
- Focus
- Bard Songs
- Paragon and all other grp healing aas and spells
- Symbol & 9 or Virtue

Your pets attack & hps go way up.  Even in just single grps.

The only GoD aa that I would put above this is Weapon Affinity.
Kaarraj - 65 - Beastlord - Tarew Marr

Deathclaw

with the buffed zoning pet coming - i am now looking at this and going yes, it 20aa but.....

Dummkopf

Absolutely love PA, same as konjis warder mine has always sd and sv on him, paragon heals it too, not just me. In groups it becomes really good, especially with a bard, on raids its priceless. With the upcoming zoning warder it will be always usefull (although i tend to buff inside ldons, we still finish with 10 minutes resting time at least).

Namog

PA is one of my favorite AAs next to Paragon. I raid a lot and the lazy side of me enjoys not having to buff my bear except Arags/Rellic.

http://ourworld.cs.com/NamogBst/Namog1.JPG">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=897801">Namog

Dakat

After hearing that pet zoning with owner is coming back. After hearing some tales about how Pet Affinity has been wonderful to most, I started saving aa just for it.  I pretty much started just after this thread started.  I am 2 aa away from getting it.

My questions are:

Is this really worth the 20 aa?
Has anyone grouped with bard and seen any improvement in pets tanking/damage dealing?

I am a half-breed so to speak.  I solo, I 1 group exp, and I raid. Pretty much about the same amount between each.  I'm not guilded, yet I join guild only raids with friends and pick-up raids.  I solo when I want to be by myself or want to PL an alt.  When I am looking to get a specific aa ability, I get in an exp grinding group in PoTactics or BoT and pound the aa until I get what I want at that time.  

As far as aa's I have all the good ones. Archtype is completely maxed except for fearless.  Class, I never bothered with double ripo or hobble.  Planar Power is maxed, PoP Advanced i have a few, none totally maxed except for beastal frenzy (dual weild?).  I am pretty much doing GoD only aa abilities right now.  Weapons Affinity done, warder (fury) done, warder (crit) done.

I'm just wondering if I should spend the 20 in this or get something better for the buck?  Like I could max out defense, or offensive aa in PoP advanced or finish up healing adept/gift.

I don't have a lot of aa's but I have a few.  I took almost a year off this character  and am gradually getting her back in to things.  Roughly 205 used and 18 banked.

What do you think?

Xalmat

Quote from: DakatIs this really worth the 20 aa?
Has anyone grouped with bard and seen any improvement in pets tanking/damage dealing?
Yes, and yes BIG time. The overhaste from bard songs alone makes a difference. Thats not to mention the +ATK, the resist songs, the AE heals, the group heals, the group buffs (MGBs anyone?), the ATK buffs...

Its one of those AAs where, once you get it, you wonder how you ever lived without it.

For the record, I saved 30 AA before GoD was released just so I could buy this the moment I logged on. Its THAT good  :wink:

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Karaja

Just posting here so i keep myself to grinding 20 aa =  :shock:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920168&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Karaja Neverdawn, Barbarian Savage Lady
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920170&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Sheane Arrowless, Forest Stalker
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=920169&debug=true&resize=true target=blank>Seductre Digimortal, Dreadlord in the making
Luclin