Main Menu

For those with Pet Affinity

Started by Bloodgod, June 24, 2004, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakat

Just got it this morning.  Have not tried it out yet because i wasn't online long.

Groliath

Once pet zoning goes into effect, I think you will see alot of beasts getting this at lower levels =) pok main back is going to be a tight fit when the wonderful mgb'ers are out and about.  I am not exactly sure what Fluffy will do with a mod rod but I'm sure fo7, hov and bss willl come in handy when soloing in poj pon or poi :lol:
Groliath - 62nd Ogre Beast
Fennin Ro 51 AA's

a_moss_snake_001

QuoteI am not exactly sure what Fluffy will do with a mod rod

Good thought. Does this spell affect PA pets and if so is it the same as giving them the mod rod item? If so then i'd imagine they'd equip it since its a weapon also, which has minor negative ramifications (takes up a wep slot for one).

Would be easy to test with a necro skeleton or mage pet since their equipped weapons are visible on the model. I'll talk to a mage friend about it tonight and see what he says.

As a side issue, get a druid in your group to cast pack wolf form and you'll see that your PA pet becomes a wolf also. Fun in certain situations. Also I am fairly sure group shrink from shamans will also shrink the pet.

Tastian

Never seen my pet start crushing and mod rods get massed a ton.

Dakat

Well, It's been about a week of having PA.  As someone mentioned before, the buff wearing messages from pet do get annoying sometimes. Just filter them to another window and I had no problems.

I did get a couple complements.  One, which made me feel good.  We were in a normal LDoN in Nro.  The group had cleric, war, rogue, me, and 2 necros.  I would pull. Not really trying for singles since each necro and me were offtanking whenever we wanted.

Anywho )  one of the necro's said "Ok, Dakat I'm making me a beastlord".  I asked why and he said "Your pet is holding agro amasingly and keeping taunt"  I couldn't help it and was just giggly in RL.

When a necro in the second highest guild on the server with 8.1k hp gives you a complement, you got to be doing something right.  Way to go Tiger !  :D

Eatbugs

Necros tend to get pet envy when they group with Beastlords, I've noticed.  That and mutter under their breath about pet heals.  :P

(The Necro I group with most replies to any complaint I voice with "Shut up, mister "I can tank in PoE and so can my pet.")
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Toln

Yeah, necro pets don't hold agro worth a damn compared to beastlord pets due to the procs.. even with the BST using one of the neg hate mod procs.

It does make it nice for kiting, makes it nearly impossible for the pet to get agro if the necro is casting anything at all... but it also makes it extremely hard for them to offtank well and hold agro.