Main Menu

What level should I start AA's?

Started by Inflictor, August 25, 2004, 04:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tardar

Which is faster than most creatures, and in effect at all times, or in dungeons when SOW doesn't work.

Savrik-Karana

Oh, I agree, I was just stating that in case Kinash didn't know.  I'm probably gonna see about getting that one asap

Inflictor

My apologies, I was going on about 36 hrs w/ no sleep at that point, and overlooked them.

I appreciate all the input, as I just want to play my beastie as well as possible. I hate seeing peeps that have PL'd themselves up and can't properly play their class.

Many thanks to those of you that gave your input.  :D
Inflictor
BeastLord of the 57th Scale

Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.

Kromjr

I didnt AA till 60. It allowed me to let my wifes cleric catch up and then I went to 65. Just whatever you feel like doing I guess.
Venerable Kromjr - 66 - Ogre Beastlord - Stromm

Dakat

Do what you want.

Suggestions are always welcome though.  I'd suggest getting Run 3 now.  It will save you time in the long run (pun intended).

Kinash

Quote from: JillieMTWell, that is exactly why Run3 is better... it's faster than Run2... and 99% of critters... :P

I am a really dumb kitty.... I just checked and I only have Run1... no wonder I was getting eaten!  :lol:
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Oneiromancer

I got Run 1 and Run 2 in my mid-60's...I only turned AAXP on for raids or farming light blues, and I got my PoJ trials flag around that time too.  Didn't do Run 3 until hitting 65 and starting my other AAs.

Basically, I figured that I had SoW and Shrew...why did I need the Run AAs?  I was never in a position where the spell was gone and I died because I forgot to recast it.  I understand that has happened to some people...I took the risk and it never ended up being an issue.

If I was a class that didn't get SoW or Shrew, or didn't have a JBoots or something, then I would probably get Run 3 pretty early.  As it was I didn't see a reason to get it.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Kromjr

Whats nice about run 3, dont need to waste a spell slot on shrew. Both are equal speed I believe.

JillieMT

Quote from: Savrik-KaranaOn Karana

Rellic is 500
SD is 50
Sha's/Fero not sure

Well, I was bored so I checked out the bazaar there, hehe.

Well Savrik, you must have ALOT of friends... if you are selling those at those prices... LOL

Rellic: 3 were on sale, 4000, 4999, and 8000
Spiritual Dominion: 2 on sale, 4000, 10000
Ferocity: 1 on sale, 15000
Spirit of Sorsha, 3 on sale: 2000, 3000, 4500
Sha's Revenge: not for sale, but I would guess pretty pricey...

So, Karana doesn't seem all the different than the other servers. If anything, slightly more expensive than what I am used to on MT. Definitely not cheap either way though...

:P

As far as Run3: I agree with you Oneiromancer... Run3 isn't "crucial" to us, as we have spells to cover runspeed (most of the time, hehe). But, when you need to spend 6 points for class AA's, you could do much worse then spending 3 of 'em on Run3. :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Oneiromancer

Quote from: JillieMTAs far as Run3: I agree with you Oneiromancer... Run3 isn't "crucial" to us, as we have spells to cover runspeed (most of the time, hehe). But, when you need to spend 6 points for class AA's, you could do much worse then spending 3 of 'em on Run3. :)

Don't disagree with you, Run 3 were my first 3 AAs.  Just didn't do them early because of not feeling like I needed them.

...and I think you mean Archetype AAs.  :)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

JillieMT

Archetype, yeah, that's it, lol...  :P

Savrik-Karana

Ahh, you met the gougers.  You gotta go at the right times.  I didn't sell at those prices, I bought em, from complete strangers.  The worst times are US primetime and French primetime, cause that's when the gougers sit around and try to sell, artificially inflating the prices.  Dead times are the best

JillieMT

Ah, I see, hehe. Well, you have the same type of economy that everyone else has then. You can't assume that you will be able to get SD for 50pp, ever. Yeah, you can find a deal anywhere, but if you have to pay 2k, you have to pay 2k. And until you have the money or means for the spells, the level is no good to you. May as well AA then.

Kromjr

Be glad you guys arent on Stromm lol. I had to pay 30k for Revenge which was a steal at the time I caught someone oocing it . There was 3 copies on the bazaar from hoarder for 2 weeks at 50k.

Cyphen Wilder

I got my run3 and regen 3 just randomly turning on AA from 51 to 55.  Once I got them, I only did reg xp till 60.  At 60 I have begun doing the following when I group in PoV.  If I get an outer kite group, I turn on AA 100%.  I get about 2-3% aa xp it seems per kill.  If I get a east or west group, I turn on regular xp 100%, 1.5-2% xp per kill.  I have found that the kite group kills go alot slower then the east/west groups so I maximize my playing time by going full AA xp.  When doing the east/west groups the kills go a bit faster, so full regular xp makes up for the slightly lesser xp per kill.  Of course this whole time I have been rolling for the parchements that have been dropping and already have a good amount of my next level spells.  When I get 62, I plan on finding another place to do the same.  Exp and AA while getting my next couple of levels spells out of the way.  Ideally, hit 65 with all spells and a decent amount of AA.  Of course the choice is yours.  If you are just racing to get to 65, go full xp, and worry about AA at 65.  If you arent in a rush, find a way to enjoy playing while leveling and aa'ing.