Main Menu

what bst would like to see for new aa in next expansion

Started by facemassher, June 17, 2005, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

facemassher

facemassher

since monks get a 30 sec refresh 1k or better semi nuke there should be no reason roar of thunder couldnt be a faster refresh or possible a new aa or spell with jolt  like abilites

an aa for a chance at triple atk like rangers get  inate now

an upgrade to feral swipe that makes it never miss or greatly increases its hit ratio

possible an aa for a sa type buff that is for endurance regen or add a small bit of end regen to SA this would greatly increase the demand for bst at raids

an upgrade to our burst dps disc would also go over well and help to somewhat increase our dps issues such as makeing all atks land for full with uped chance to crit

these are just a few ideas would love to hearfrom other bsts what they desire from new aa's

Zanois

Things id like to see for us in the next expansion

SCRM - to increase our buff duration period.

Something to reduce the re-use time on Roar of Thunder.

Taunt - awarded by say like 9 aa or something, dont know about some of you, but lately when im LFG I get asked can i tank this or that camp, we fill a tank role fairly well depending on gear/aa's, taunt would be a nice addition. If SoE didnt want us tanking or didnt consider us a tank type class why do we get 15% strikethrough on our 2.0's?? ><

Innate double attack

AA to give us triple attack

Id like to see Perfection of Spirit have endurance regen added

Maybe an AE taunt type effect/spell/aa, I mean other than the occasional off tanking in anguish, or on the way to a PG trial, I feel more like a 15k SA bot than anything else, with our new slow spell going live soon hopefully that will make us a little more useful in clearings since we will be more able to slow, but for things like OMM/Vish where we could be used to agro the adds that spawn, an ae type taunt effect would be awesome.

More stat increasing aa's please>) lol why do we have +20 wis, str, dex etc on our items, when most people are now way above the stat cap, lets put these to more use.

Pet DPS increased slightly

I dont think our burst DPS needs improving as in the dmg modifiers dont need increasing or anything like that, if we improved our DPS overall, like what ive mentioned above, our Burst DPS will naturally increase with that, only thing id ask about our burst DPS, Bestial Fury disc and bestial alignment AA have their re-use time reduced or new AA to reduce this, this is mainly noticable in Tacvi, where you disc on one mob, and you have to wait 3-4 more mobs before you can disc again.

Please remove helm graphics>) lol enough said there.

I am sure some of this can be added to our top 10 list or other desires, but these are also things that could be added via AA's etc in the upcoming expansion.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Urim

I would like to see an AA that will basically change our pet proc spells into something similar to our Panther spells. It is cast on pet and if you have this AA it will cast a recourse of the same spell on you. This is something i have been wanting to see for a long time.

I'd like to see a 5 step AA that decreases reuse of Roar of Thunder by 10% each rank. Honestly, 15 minute for 1.5k damage is kinda dumb.

I would like to see an AA that reduces the reuse time on our Bestial Alignment AA, make it require a lot of ranks but be able to get it down to roughly same reuse as our Bestial Frenzy disc.

I would like to see Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery AA.

I would like to see us get the Planar Durability AA. Don't see why we never got this.

I would like to see an upgrade to our double attack AA (or a new triple attack AA if they decide to give us some form of innate double attack)

This isn't a new AA, but i would like them to look into bumping up the OoW Perfection of Spirit. Paying way more AA points for an upgrade that isn't even noticable isn't my idea of an upgrade. Of if they don't want to upgrade it, maybe add a new line of AAs that will reduce the recast or add endurace to it (and SA!).

This isn't a new AA either, but i would also like them to look into fixing Feral Swipe so its actually something worthwhile. I feel like shooting my self in the head everytime i think about how i spent NINE <SMURFING> points on that piece of crap. Make it an actually upgrade to Kick with same refresh as kick that lands for more dmg or fix it so it lands 100% of the time ... anything to make this thing better.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tastian

SCRM would be really nice.

I'd like to see some combo AAs.  For example,

-  Increases your  chance to a get crit with nukes AND heals

-  Increases the chance for you AND your warder to a crit hit

Would really, really like an AA that...

"This ability increases the chance for you AND your warder to proc"  

Make it 3 tiers at 10% a rank or 5 ranks at 5% each.  *shrugs*

Lots of options, I think we have hit a point where an upgrade to BF AA would be more than reasonable, especially with dps re-tuning going on.  I don't really see triple attack just from a parse standpoint because it's not really needed.  I mean we currently double attack at about 1/4th the rate other classes do.  Lots of ways to achieve it, but what I want is to get a reasonable return on the points I spend.  If we aren't supposed to get the same boost from an AA that another class gets then don't make us spend the same AA for less of a boost that another class does.  The hybrid exp penalty was removed for much the same reasoning.  *shrugs*

Part of what we get will depend on what others get and what kinds of AAs we see.  Long as improved innate charisma mastery is included so my slows land better I'll be happy.  8P

Shieara

Throwing a bunch of ideas around, some good some not so good.

I'll toss in my vote for SCRM as well. 

I wouldn't mind an aa that gave an increased chance to block.  Not sure how it would work with focus and stuff though..does a block focus even exist? 

Would like to see a reduction on Roar timer.

I am one of those gimps who likes illusions.  I'd still like a warder illusion (of reasonable size, not giant like BA).  I know a lot of people wouldn't want to have to use it, but I would.  I used wolf all the time on my ranger.

Maybe something that does damage, but effects both you and your Warder.  Like "Coordinated attack:  You have become so attuned to your Warder that you can coordinate your attacks for a short period of time, granting you both increased accuracy and damage."  Maybe this one is overpowering though.

Companion's Devotion:  You and your Warder have formed a close bond, causing you to gain strength from each other.  For each rank of this aa both you and your Warder gain increased hit points.  Maybe at 1.5-2% per rank?  Not sure how this would be.

Eyes of the Beast:  Upon activation this aa allows you to see through your Warder's eyes and control it's movements for a short period of time.  Kind of like Eye of Zomm, maybe increasing the time a little bit per rank.

Not an aa but I would like to see our spell frenzy upgraded. 

Dancolen

SCRM

Improved double attack.

end regen to perf = good

3min per rank reduction of Roar's timer.  3 ranks total..   6minute roar possible.

Perf upgraded from 266/110 a tick that it is now at lvl 3?    Up it 15hp/10mana per lvl... to 311/140.. or 311/125  /shrug.

thats it for me at the moment.

Dakat

Change Frenzy of Spirit to a spell thats beast only. IE.  Frenzy is to a level 49 as Frenzy of Spirit is to a level 70.

Short duration like Frenzy is now, 15 min?  Don't have to be that long, Id settle for the same duration as it is now, but instead of being an AA ability that refreshes, make it a spell. This spell would be in the same mindset as Yaulp is to a paladin, but keeping the stats that Frenzy of Spirit gives us.

Does that make sence?

Dakat

As far as the endurance regen, the spells already exsist in our line up. All they would have to do is modify them to encompass Endurance instead of Stamina. Acumen, Invigor are in our spell book, have not memed either in a very, very long time.

Tiroon

I would like to see:

• SCRM
  • Group Buff AA: Changes the next single target buff into a group buff
  • Endurance regen on paragon/perfection
  • A feral swipe that combines the existing one with kick

One thing I'd hate to see: Making BST buy AA's to get the DPS where it should be in the first place.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gragamale

How about an AA that would anchor your warder to your hip. This could solve a few problems with just one AA.  If pet is at you hip than position and range can be controlled because the pet will be next to you during the whole fight and not just pushing from any direction that pathing lets it attack from. Not perfect but get an idea out there.

Sharrien

SCRM, meaningful upgrades to paragon, swarm pets, maybe a burst aggro group ability that adds melee dps, warder dps/avoidance improvements, warder burst dps, aa that gives resist mods or our dots OR a clicky disease/poison debuff with a reasonable timer.  I also like the debuff procs for warders that Tastian suggested in another thread.  Maybe an aa that allows us to share our Time+ bonuses (like accuracy, shield %, avoidance, spell shield %, etc) with our warders.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Thaeliun

I'd like to see an AA that turns everyone in the group into a bear, alligator, tiger, wolf (ie whatever your warder is) for a short time.  While this buff is active, everyone in the group would have increased HP/END regen, increased attack, increased melee damage etc.  Short duration with a long recast time to keep it balanced but a nice increase to group performace for tight situations/named mobs etc.

Animist

Some suggestions, tho most are already mentioned:

1) SCRM

2) AA to reduce reuse time on Roar of Thunder

3) AA to align our warders with ourselves: making them shared some form of our defensive AAs, like CA/CS and their upgrades

4) AA to let our warder leash out a frenzy blow: the effect is actually a DD (in 1k range) and a pushback like 5 or so - it helps when mobs are being pushed too far and we have to reposition mob.

5) AA to bind our sight to our warders, and allow us to move as the warder for a few ticks: just like wizards' eye of zomm spell

6) tho not really an AA suggestion but yeah - give us innate double attack so that fero focus are finally meaningful to us!

7) if 6) is too good to be dreaming of, I would like an AA that helps procs - like increases proc rate (will introduce aggroing issue tho) or increases proc damage (may be hard to code with, but it is fine and cool too, as it helps on our aggro issues) for our equipments , or an AA that imbue procs to us just like shamans' DoN spell lines.

8) this is not really a beastlords only AA, but I am thinking of an AA that allow us to redistribute our AAs: the idea is copied from many other MMOs and recently Guild Wars. Let me explain it a little more...

Basically it is an AA that helps you refund on AA that you think it is wrongly spent. Say like for every extra AA we learnt, we are able to retreat on one of the AA. Example: I was a soloing bst and found that "Body and Mind Regen" is quite useful to me. Later on I had joined a raiding guild now I had to learn "Mass Group Buff" asap, then all AA I have to earn is now 5AA; I use 1AA to refund "Body and Mind Regen" back (5AA) and then I can learn MGB now using the 4AA left and the 5AA that was just refunded. This system may sounds problematic and not really useful at the 1st glance, but it helps some of the less play time bsts to better utilize their AAs when environment change (play style, play time, etc).
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Gungagunga

Quote from: Animist on June 22, 2005, 05:49:50 AM

7) if 6) is too good to be dreaming of, I would like an AA that helps procs - like increases proc rate (will introduce aggroing issue tho) or increases proc damage (may be hard to code with, but it is fine and cool too, as it helps on our aggro issues) for our equipments , or an AA that imbue procs to us just like shamans' DoN spell lines.

Actually giving us access to something like Spell Casting Fury Mastery to increase our chance to crit on nukes, weapon procs is a good idea in that it would up our dps w/o actually increasing our agro as crits dont create additional agro.  Tho this does go back to the point Tast mentions of us having to purchase more AA's than any other class to even compete (and still come up shy) when it comes to dps.

Quote from: Animist on June 22, 2005, 05:49:50 AM
8) this is not really a beastlords only AA, but I am thinking of an AA that allow us to redistribute our AAs: the idea is copied from many other MMOs and recently Guild Wars. Let me explain it a little more...

Basically it is an AA that helps you refund on AA that you think it is wrongly spent. Say like for every extra AA we learnt, we are able to retreat on one of the AA. Example: I was a soloing bst and found that "Body and Mind Regen" is quite useful to me. Later on I had joined a raiding guild now I had to learn "Mass Group Buff" asap, then all AA I have to earn is now 5AA; I use 1AA to refund "Body and Mind Regen" back (5AA) and then I can learn MGB now using the 4AA left and the 5AA that was just refunded. This system may sounds problematic and not really useful at the 1st glance, but it helps some of the less play time bsts to better utilize their AAs when environment change (play style, play time, etc).

I also like this idea due to role changes some of us go thru and sometimes purchasing something that doesnt quite do what you had hoped for.  The loss of 1aa anytime you wish to trade in a skill for another would certainally stop people from changing to often unless they already have 300+ AA and chances are if they have that many then they move fast enough that I wouldnt think they would want to refund something unless it is totally worthless.  I can imagine this being a bit difficult for them to impliment tho... still like the idea.