Main Menu

what bst would like to see for new aa in next expansion

Started by facemassher, June 17, 2005, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

What would we need to happen to have 2hand blunt worthwhile for us? What could make that 2 hander from MPGs not trash?
Having been gone for a while I remember that 2handers arent' good for us but I forget the main reasons why.

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tastian

There are many reasons 2h isn't good for us...

-  Beastlords get less from ratio and more from procs.  Having a 2hb means we can't throw a proc aug into our OH weapon and typically 2h weapons are more ratio than proc anyway.

-  We lack any 2h specific AAs, and by using a 2hb we lose the benefit of ambi and sinister strike AAs

-  Itemization almost never seems to take beastlords into account and tune things properly

And there are others lol

The lose of SS + OH proc aug alone means a loss of 7(ish)+ dps depending.  That doesn't factor in ambi or how the ratio/proc works out.  In order for a 2hb to actually be even with a dw it'd have to appear to be way ahead of it and that doesn't really happen.

Kordana

I'd like to see a mana preservation line of aa's.  I find that mana pres IV and above items are hard to come by for a non raiding beastlord. (this may be the same for other classes as well)  I know there are now augs out there, but you either have to have a lot of plat or be level 70.  Niether is about to happen anytime soon.

Kordana Kninekamander
67 Beastlady of Povar
Kordana Kninekamander
79 Beastlady of Povar
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1276678&resize=true

Solase

Quote from: Kordana on August 15, 2005, 09:49:37 PM
I'd like to see a mana preservation line of aa's.  I find that mana pres IV and above items are hard to come by for a non raiding beastlord. (this may be the same for other classes as well)  I know there are now augs out there, but you either have to have a lot of plat or be level 70.  Niether is about to happen anytime soon.

Kordana Kninekamander
67 Beastlady of Povar

"Preserved Citrine Spell Stone" is only 285 DoN crystals.  It does, however, require level 70  :| .  I, having spent loads of crystals already, still have not forked out the crystals for this since it doesn't really fall in my needs atm (probably spent like 2500+ crystals already).

hokarz

I wonder if that stacks with the tribute mana preservation I'm currently using now.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Bengali

Quote from: hokarz on August 17, 2005, 04:03:49 AM
I wonder if that stacks with the tribute mana preservation I'm currently using now.

It doesn't.  All the tribute effects are exactly the same as worn item effects.  As a result, focus types do not stack.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"