Main Menu

Fetter of Spirits

Started by Dancolen, September 14, 2005, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

That's just so...odd.  We have used hobble (not fetter) as our means of snare in RSS and it worked.  That was in a full group though, so maybe dps was just higher so it was less of an issue.

Iskandar

I tried it out in Anguish tonight, for giggles, and was surprised to see the proc fired off and landed quite often. Anguish mobs will still shuffle off at a bit of a jaunt, but it's easy to keep up with them and beat them down when they're fettered :-)
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Essant

I tested Fetter on the Murks in the NE cave in WoS .. stopped them cold in their tracks.  Needless to say I am very happy with this AA.  I can now solo there.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

hakaaba

Shhh! if we seem happy itll get nerfed!  :-D

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

Seriously hak, we've got enough issues as it is.  Must you be negative even when things are right too?  You constantly "but it'll get nerfed" and "oh it's probably just 0.00000001%" and a bunch of other bullschit.  If you want to whine about schit then how about whining about the stuff that's truely wrong instead of constantly taking shots at sony and sounding negative when they are actually doing things right?  *curses blanks again*

Jkal_Shihar

Well, I dont know. I got it, had hobble for along time and absolutely.................

Love it
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

hokarz

I think he was making a joke, Tastian. See the smiley at the end? I haven't purchased Fetter yet, I just bought hobble and it works well enough for me when I'm snaring in a group. For some reason, my guild wants me to get MGB. go figure, hehe. So many aa's to get, so little time.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Tastian

"I think he was making a joke, Tastian. See the smiley at the end?"

I make more jokes and use more smilies than just about anyone so I'm usually pretty good at spotting "jokes".  No it's not a joke, it's the "hey I'm going to be an @$$ and hide behind the veil of it being a joke over and over and over again."  Here let me pull up a quick history of their posts and copy/pastes some other excerpts real quick.  Not looking for anything specific mind you I'm just going to click on last posts button and lets see what shows up in the first couple pages...

"At least were losing less quickly though" 

"Which is good cause the ratio is where theyre adding the lions share of dps anyways these days

Now well be getting 55% of the intended gain instead of just 50% :p"

"IMO DoD looks promising...but shhhh dont tell Sony were anything but horrified or theyll nerf us some more. lol"

"What i dont get is WHY?? how can they possibly justify not only giving mages the spell in the first place but one that 5(five) thats right 5 times better lol? why?

improved beastial frenzy is now 3 per rank

whoa thats surprisingly reasonable -- let me guess...this only applies to the other classes...beastlord double attack now costs 30 per level :p"

"Mages get the extra pet spell too?!!!!

What a fricking joke.  I was trying to keep a positive attitude but after seeing this, you guys are right we really are getting screwed again heh.

If you need me ill be on my mage alt"

Sony has directly nerfed uhhh perfection right before it went live and......uhhhhh 1 point of ele damage on epic 1.5 and....that's all I can think of atm.  I don't blame people for being annoyed at the current state of beastlord affairs and I'm as cranky about it as anyone, but the constant "hey lets overstate this" and "hey lets complain about something that isn't even wrong" is driving me fugging nuts.  These are the exact posts that annoy other classes and even the members of this class. 

Everyone can have an opinion and that's great, everyone can be pissed at sony and I understand, but dozens of posts that are 1 and 2 line sarcastic BS that hasn't happened is insulting to a lot of people for no good reason.  I mean heck start a rant thread as many times as you like and go nuts.  But these "jokes" that have no data, and are often completely wrong showing up in the middle of real discussion threads don't do anything to help the state of affairs.  I've even had some beastlords complain to me about "data" found in some of these posts that's completely false.  I have beastlords that are doing great dps for their point in progression telling me how much they suck and a bunch of other things. 

Hak has made some good posts with information recently and they've done an updated spell list as I recall.  However, they've made a ton of 1 and 2 line "omfgzorz 0.0000000001%" posts as well.  Feels really great to give a dev a link to a thread where people are actually sharing experiences about an AA that many didn't think they wanted but lots are starting to like and see a pot shot at sony for no fugging reason right in the middle of it.  Really makes me and the rest of us look good.  Do we always have to be positive?  Heck no.  Should we voice oncerns about things we don't think are right?  Absolutely.  Is a thread full of real play experiences discussing an AA(some pos, some neg) a place to make a "joke" that has no basis in fact?  I don't think so.

I honestly don't have a problem with hak or jokes or anything like that, but do you honestly think this fits in the thread?  Does it add any useful information?  Does it go off a rather funny tangent about this one time at penguin training camp?  Is there a single positive thing the post can accomplish?  Meanwhile, there are clearly negative things that can/have come from it.  I don't honestly believe hak is out to be malicious and it could easily be intended as a joke, but it sure isn't coming across that way and it hasn't been for a long time.

Sigh this will be taken wrong, but I'm too cranky to care atm.  *shrugs*

hokarz

Tastian, me thinks you need to take a break. Push yourself away from the computer, take the wife and/or lover out to eat, see a movie or a play. Relax a little bit. Take a day off. Enjoy some recreational activities that have nothing to do with SOE or EQ then come back and get your ass to work. You deserve a day off, take one.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Solase

Quote from: hokarz on September 22, 2005, 12:55:13 AM
Tastian, me thinks you need to take a break. Push yourself away from the computer, take the wife and/or lover out to eat, see a movie or a play. Relax a little bit. Take a day off. Enjoy some recreational activities that have nothing to do with SOE or EQ then come back and get your ass to work. You deserve a day off, take one.

Tastian has every right to rant like any of us  :-) .  Someone just hit the wrong nerve with him one too many times and he's voicing his opinion about it.  Myself, I feel Tastian is our smoking gun to help get the devs to take interest in our class issues.  He'll be alright now that he's had a chance to vent and hopefully we'll have something to give the devs kudos on doing for a change (i.e. fetter aa) rather than bitching at them all the time.  They are real people like any of us are and like real people they'll respond better to honey rather than pooring gallons of vinegar down their throats.

So if you see something that has been an improvement by the devs, please don't hesitate to give some positive feedback once in awhile.  It'll really help getting them to listen to our problems rather than tuning out everything we say because of nothing but constant rants.

hokarz

Ok, I actually like the way they implemented IBF. It was exactly how I suggested it should be implemented. A gradual increase from 66 to 70 to help our DPS where it falls off dramatically. I don't have a problem with how they implemented our new pet spell, either. It's to improve our burst dps in the high-end of the game. It won't make level 66 to 69 too overpowered. It should be only available to high-end Beasts in raiding guilds who tackle the big, bad monsters. That is where we really need the dps. I would rather have the devs take tiny baby steps to correct our problems then do something so huge and drastic that it's extemely unbalancing and we get beat with the nerf bat, hard.

now, to fix pet survivability without investing a ton more aa's...
Savage Lord Hokarz

ryoko

So burst DPS doesn't need help for those of us not in really high end guilds?  I don't know about you, but I still have some of the lowest burst DPS of any class, even at my meager levels of accomplishment.
Ryokobeast , 70 Beastlord, The Nameless

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=958897

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteIt should be only available to high-end Beasts in raiding guilds who tackle the big, bad monsters.

Hate to say but I disagree. It should not just be avaible to high end bsts. And it can help on some single encounter big names or what not in aaxp/xp grinding areas as well.

Hate seeing when ppl start segragating high end to low end bsts. Just because I'm 70 does that make me a high end or low end. Or is it the guild I'm in. Oh wait, I'm not in a guild atm cause I have no desirablity to some guilds I want to join. So I'm a low end bst in DoN gear, who has to rely on creator/nest missions to get equipment but forget bout the spell cause I'm not a high end raiding bst.

I know I'm ranting but this schit really has got to stop.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Grbage

Hobble has saved the group more then I can count due to either snare resists or snarer sleeping at the keyboard. By all the comments here it looks like the 9aa will be well spent. Back to the aa grinder.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

iamweaver

QuoteI know I'm ranting but this schit really has got to stop.
Every expansion (including Kunark) has had spells that were difficult/impossible for the non-raiding player to get. There will always be some gear and spells impossible for the average joe to get.  That said, I am surprised that there weren't two tiers of available spells - one for normal mission, one for hard.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis