Main Menu

Fetter of Spirits

Started by Dancolen, September 14, 2005, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkal_Shihar

I know, I was just getting fed up is all. Hate reading like I did and saw a mention to it being only avaible to the high end bst. Which you start segregating again and we shouldnt be doing that. I also agree there shouldve been 2 lvls of the spell one for lower lvls and the other for higher.
Im still trying to get my DoN 69 one, one emoush wipe, another lost roll, but im getting closer.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Dummkopf

Dunno about your sever, but on bristle lvl 69 runes often rot in RSS, just group there, helps xp a lot too.

That said i dont see anything bad in giving high ends a little extra, especially since thats where we have the biggest gap (and i consider myself as casual raiding, not highend).

That said, i must say i really love fetter, it helps a lot in coa clearings and even more if soloing or in groups, just keep it always up on my pet.

hakaaba

That one in particular was meant as a joke.  But i see your point -- ill try to refrain from unnecessary sarcastic comments.

"Which is good cause the ratio is where theyre adding the lions share of dps anyways these days"
was a serious comment though.  It certainly seems that sony is doing progressoin by increasing ratios not by improving procs, so increased double attack helps reduce the discrepancy between intended benefit (increase to ratio) and actual benefit.

Edit: I just checked my history and you were totally picking and choosing your examples meanie :( (jk!)  You do deserve a day off though.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

Like I said I don't really care most of the time, but it was very out of place in this thread.  Kinda like having a thread talking about jim's brownies and some like "wow good", "need more moisture", "over cooked" and then out of the cheap seats comes "don't tell jim you are allergic to peanuts or he'll put them in the next batch~!!"  lol  We really need to work on the analogies on this page.  8P

"Edit: I just checked my history and you were totally picking and choosing your examples meanie  (jk!)  You do deserve a day off though."

I clicked your history, read back through 3? I think 3, maybe 2, definitely not 4 lol of your history and picked out the posts that fit what I was talking about and copy/pasted the whole thing as not to edit you into saying something bad.  Although that could be kinda fun if I had some time lol, be like Dev said, "xxxxxxx"  Not all at once mind you and I had to splice 17 threads together, but hot dang we are in for some upgrades now~!! 8P

Bleh off the subject, *shrugs*  ummmm  oh yeah, EQ is my time off.  I know it's hard to tell sometimes (I haven't been able to tell in 5 years lol), but it's not like I get paid or anything for this.  8P  Heck I don't even get a free account like guides do haha.  Maybe I should take up a "buy tast some moutain dew" fund.  8P

Oh yeah, I remember now.  I'm all for sarcastic comments(ask my ex'S), but this was a really good thread that was perfect for devs to see and the comment was just more out of place than usual.  Also depths has been the worst expansion for me in terms of mis-information so the random pot shots have been even more frustrating than usual.  Like I said start a rant thread, bash something with numbers (I'll help with feral swipe~!!), or whatever.  Just understand who sees the threads and what a post can do.  It seems so silly sometimes, but I've seen so much bad come from one false, off the cuff statement. 

Chickennuggets

Quote from: Dummkopf on September 23, 2005, 06:24:01 PM
That said i dont see anything bad in giving high ends a little extra, especially since thats where we have the biggest gap (and i consider myself as casual raiding, not highend).

That said, i must say i really love fetter, it helps a lot in coa clearings and even more if soloing or in groups, just keep it always up on my pet.

If by COA you mean Anguish... then you are by no means a casual raider.  Not sure what the percent of Anguish flagged people are per server, but I'd be willing to place a fairly large bet that they would be in the minority.  The casual raiders are still trying to kill Emoush, and even still catching up with stuff earlier than that.

I'm not trying to nitpick, or argue semantics, but there is a huge difference in bazaar gear (even current bazaar gear, and bazaar gear from a year and a half ago), and going to pickup raids to try and roll for your spell; and clearing Anguish.  It is partly because of this thinking why it is coming across as odd that so many people are being left behind on spells and such.  Anybody not from a full time raiding guild is going to have a lot of trouble getting them, and they shouldn't just be passed out, but from what i've heard from my friends (similarly geared to me) about the spell progressions from the new expansion... not gonna see them.  At least until we get the tradeable armor from expansions yet to come.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

Willing to bet on Druzzil Ro, there are less than 200 anguish flagged folks, total.  That's with 2 guilds pretty much fully flagged and like prolly 10-20% of another fully flagged.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

Different people have different definitions.  A guild that raids twice a week in anguish can consider it casual compared to another guild raiding it every day.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

iamweaver

True, Hakaaba, but when a player speaks about  raiding CoA and not being "high end", then I am confused. I know that CoA is now officially 2 expansions old, but I warrent most folks still consider a guild that plays in CoA to be high end. The real issue lies in the OP accidently confusing playstyle with progression ("i consider myself as casual raiding, not highend"), though it's true they often go hand-in-hand.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis