Main Menu

Off Hand Weapon Confusion... (Corp - read please)

Started by Kashmiir Battlekat, December 09, 2004, 05:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

DPS Calc:
Level 70
ATK: 1634
Dex: 330
Haste: 91% (Celerity+41%)
BF: 5
Ambidex: Yes
SCF+FOM: 3
CF+FotA: 6
Veterans: 0
WA: 5
Sinsister: No
Estimated average: 70
I am tanking: 0%

Weapons:

MH: Handwraps of Captured Magic
OH: Hammer of the Timeweaver

Results:
MH: 85.96
OH: 61.14
TOTAL: 147.10

Weapons:

MH: Handwraps of Captured Magic
OH: Shinai of the Ancients

Results:
MH: 85.96
OH: 62.10
TOTAL: 148.86

==============================================

These results actually somewhat confuse me. The Shinai and Hammer in OH are VERY close in terms of DPS according to the DPSCalc, but I cant believe they are THAT close.

Question: was the Pet DPS taken in to consideration when calculating DPS for the Hammer of the Timeweaver?

I suppose this is a directed question to Master Corp our local Number Guru.

(PS: I have 14AA banked and will be buying Sinister Strikes very soon... obviously I really need Veteran's Wraith also...)

(PSS: This will all become a moot point really when I complete my Epic 1.5 (Just need Dranik Scar fight and Final Fight. Completion soon)

Bengali

Quote from: Kashmiir BattlekatDPS Calc:

These results actually somewhat confuse me. The Shinai and Hammer in OH are VERY close in terms of DPS according to the DPSCalc, but I cant believe they are THAT close.

Question: was the Pet DPS taken in to consideration when calculating DPS for the Hammer of the Timeweaver?

I suppose this is a directed question to Master Corp our local Number Guru.

I can't answer the question to the extent the answer requires intricate knowledge of the calculator, but I can say that your results don't surprise me based on my own tests.  The DPS from the Timeweaver pet is pretty terrible -- and from my conversations with Cop it is included in the calculator as the "average" value of the proc based on parses that people sent him.  The calculator does slightly overstate the DPS from the Shinai if you have FOM because it assumes that you can crit the proc when you really can't, but my understanding is that doesn't make a huge difference in the overall calculations.

Did I mention that the Timeweaver proc is terrible? ;)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Coprolith

Looks perfectly alright to me. Shinai has the superior ratio (23/20 vs 26/24 for the hammer), and ratio usually beats proc in the OH.

Its true that the shinai proc dps will be slightly overestimated because its proc is uncrittable, but the same is true for the hammer (the pets can crit and flurry if you have the appropriate pet AAs which more or less cancels that out, but SCF doesnt affect it as calculated). But the effect is tiny, 7% of the shinai's OH proc dps is about 0.25 dps.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Kashmiir Battlekat

Interesting.

Thanks for the response Coprolith!