Main Menu

Combined post of all Epic 1.5 Info (will keep updated)

Started by LyonoThundercat, September 17, 2004, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigarri

I heard the PoE drop for necros also drops in the Hole...just more rare.

Quinnotetiquan

Tigarri

Hey, Tastian, any way you could ask someone at Sony to check and see if it's possible that these two items are the correct ones and that the quest is bugged?

If they are NOT the correct ones, great...we'll continue to look. But if they ARE...would be nice to know.

warder5269

I think i posted this on the wrong thread a sec ago.

Try handing it to Dumal he might be able to release the savage spirit or whatever b/c isnt that what he did with the totems in the first epic?

Id try it but Im not to that point and you can see my reasoning better on the other thread....just an idea.
Tygereyee - Emarr

Rakarr

A druid friend of mine just told me of a trackable invisible mob that doesn't respond to hails in Plane of Storms. Don't know if this one has already been considered. Doesn't sound hugely likely but figured it might be worth making a note of.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

Scaledfang

"corruption" would be the mob your talking about.... its not for our epic.. at least not at the point we are stuck... it will infact eat the turnin if you try it

VahlaraEQ-Dev

Greetings Beastlords,

I've really enjoyed watching you get going on your epic quests.

As my main is a beastlord, I hope you'll all make me proud.  :)

Best wishes,

Vahlar
Game Designer/EverQuest Live

Ukator Iceblood

Well I guess we can figure its not bugged than:)

Thanks for stopping by Vahlara.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Scaledfang

oh thats just mean!.... not even a "no its not bugged.. your just on the wrong track" ... =(

Man0warr

rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

CillianFV

Well, judging from Vahlar's post I would say it is not bugged, we simply have not done what is required yet.

Gunthak and the drogma just do not fit the clue much at all even though the drop from him does.  I could be totally wrong as I have been before though (I thought it was the Eternal Spirit in Sky).

The location clue seems to be "At the eye of the storm in the sky".  I have tried to break this down in many ways.

It could be the Eye of Veeshan but unless Veeshan was once known as "the storm in the sky" then I don't think so.

The eye of the storm is the center of the storm which could indicate the center of the plane of storms or the bastion of thunder.  The eye of storm is also usually calm with only light winds and no rain if that helps any.

The text also clearly states "storm in the sky".  No I am no expert but there aren't that many kinds of storm that are not in the sky so I believe the use of the word sky is an important clue.  So if in fact "eye of the storm" is the location then "in the sky" could suggest we are dealing with a flying creature.  Or it could simply suggesting a specific type of storm, such as hurricane, tornado or typhoon.

I believe the rest of text describes the creature itself but once we have the location right, the creature should be pretty obvious.  I am gonna try a few theories tonight.  Good luck everyone!
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Mahes

Gunthak was the heaviest hit zone from the great storm that wrecked the ships there.  Therefore, the center of that storm.

Gunthak is on Norrath, Norrath is in the sky if you're on Luclin.

Again, that could be wrong.

Aeshmal

It's close enough, given the item. We need to concentrate on who the item should be given to. Another round of tracking looking for beastlord-esque mobs, perhaps?

Anago

Ever consider PoTime?  Very unlikely but as I recall, there is a swirling thingie in the sky there when you zone in.

Kivuli

Seems odd that the same zone involves two steps in the epic. If I recall, 1.0 had no two zones in common.