Main Menu

Epic on a Vah shir those wondering.

Started by Deiadrox, September 25, 2004, 04:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deiadrox

CillianFV

The size of the club looks a bit more in proportion on a vah shir.  Looks like the trend is to put this weapon in the off hand too :wink:
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Deiadrox

Yea itll most liekly go in off hand.   According to Coprolith's DPS calc:
SS
1800atk
WA5
325dex
Not tanking, level 65 mobs

Epic 1.5 is:
MH- 80.35 (2x150dd augs)
OH-65.90(1x150dd, 1x125dd)

SPF is:
MH-67.23(1x150dd)
OH-49.63(1x125dd)

As we can see the main handed epic with OH spf is 129.98
The MH spf and the OH epic is 133.13

That even slightly underestimating the SPF proc imo, which was given a meager 11dps rating in teh mainhand.
Going strickly by numbers SPF should remain in my main hand, until something better comes along hehe, but it's really in my main b/c it looks retarded in the off hand(reverse claw).

Sry I thought I'd do these numbers out loud since I wanted to do them for myself anyways.  If you think I'm off somewhere lemme know hehe, it's late(err early.. I dunno anymore lol)

NOW if SOE would give my damn pet weapon back(was in the aug bird bath thing when povar crashed tonight(wasnt scheduled) I'd be a happy man =)

Man0warr

What about Coir hammer w/ 150dd and epic w/ 2x 125 poison proc
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Bengali

I saw an SK post that 2 proc augs weren't working in the same weapon, so that's something we'll have to verify (if it hasn't been already).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Aneya

Playing with Corps weapon comparator, I found that Epic 1.5 is the best weapon available to a BST off hand.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Bengali

Quote from: BengaliI saw an SK post that 2 proc augs weren't working in the same weapon, so that's something we'll have to verify (if it hasn't been already).

I verified that both augment procs will work in the same weapon.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Giledorm

As a sidenote, has anyone noticed a lack of particle effect?  Perhaps I have my graphics turned too low to notice, but I've seen a couple 1.5's equipped and haven't really seen anything as far as animation.  

Personally, I'd be impressed to skip the particle and take a note from the old chanter epic.  Make the head of the totem look around, or yawn, or snarl...  :D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Eatbugs

I haven't seen a particle effect, but then none of my weapons are showing particle effects no matter what my graphics settings since Omens came out.  Maybe it's my cheapo graphics card.  :?
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Rhaynne

It's generally assumed that all the special effects will be on the epic 2.0's.

Essant

QuoteAs we can see the main handed epic with OH spf is 129.98
The MH spf and the OH epic is 133.13

Thank you, thank you, thank you .. this is such wonderful news .. I could dance for joy.

It may be perhaps a bit psychotic to feel remorseful about a weapon's upgrade, but I do love my SPF dearly and was wondering what the best course of action would be when I got my 1.5, and unfortuantely, the SPF looks ghey in the offhand and I hate to admit but yes this is a slight factor.

Now I can back up my emotional irrational behavior with scientific fact!

Ready for final fight, should be done in the next day or so.

*giddy with excitement*
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Essant

And by the way, grats .. and it looks GREAT on you.

Question though.  How is it that one weapon may be significantly better as an offhand weapon versus another?

I mean, say for example .. 1.5 was the 5th best mainhand dps weapon in the game, but actually the 4th or better offhand dps weapon in the game.  Common logic would state that whatver is best first mainhand should be best first offhand provided there were no restrictions on the weapons being compared such as not being able to be equipped in either primary or secodary.

So what is it that makes 1.5 seemingly unique in this regard?
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Incite

Quote from: EssantAnd by the way, grats .. and it looks GREAT on you.

Question though.  How is it that one weapon may be significantly better as an offhand weapon versus another?

I mean, say for example .. 1.5 was the 5th best mainhand dps weapon in the game, but actually the 4th or better offhand dps weapon in the game.  Common logic would state that whatver is best first mainhand should be best first offhand provided there were no restrictions on the weapons being compared such as not being able to be equipped in either primary or secodary.

So what is it that makes 1.5 seemingly unique in this regard?

Delay, damage bonus and proc.

Damage bonus only applies to main hand, so low delay weapons can be a better choice main hand even if the ratio is worse - because the ratio becomes better with the damage bonus added.  Hand in hand with this is the proc - procs fire in main hand more than in off hand.  The "general wisdom" is that low delay weapons go in the main hand and the best ratio weapons go in the off hand.  The 1.5 epic has a superb ratio and high delay and no proc, which makes it ideal for an off hander.  I suspect we will see the 2.0 epic to be an ideal main hander.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Qwawn

Another picture... since I'm braggin.

:D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808107">
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/djtx2/Q2.gif" width="501" height="132">

Caave Monster

Just got my epic tonight.  Go go Wildcaller!

Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar