Main Menu

Sphinx Fight Q

Started by Jatrulak, September 29, 2004, 04:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jatrulak

Are the 2 Sphinx fights in RM soloable? I was able to solo Drogmor and FRB easily and all the mobs seem to be around the same difficulty thus far. Magelo in sig. Thanks in advance.

Eatbugs

Probably.  I suspect I could have soloed the first one, (elemental/VT gear) but I mistimed a pet heal about halfway through the first try and died before I could unsuspend my second pet.  A friend showed up as I was getting ready for a second solo try, it was a pretty easy BST/Mage duo.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Bengali

I soloed them both.  I died once on the second one because I wasn't paying attention and slow wore off, then I got chain interrupted on some heals.  They are harder than the wolf and drogmor, but still doable.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vahaus Warder

Do they summon? I can't imagin anything in Rath Mtn. Agroing on pet and I if I kite them the way I did the other encounters.

Eatbugs

Yes, they summon.  If you're going to solo them, plan on straight up tanking fights.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Vahaus Warder

Brought a level 70 SK, she tanked and tapped as needed. didn't take more than 20 minutes for the whole thing.

Urim

Easily soloed, only problem came when slow wore off and got a chain of resists, other than that I didnt even need to heal myself much at all.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: JatrulakAre the 2 Sphinx fights in RM soloable? I was able to solo Drogmor and FRB easily and all the mobs seem to be around the same difficulty thus far. Magelo in sig. Thanks in advance.

Easily soloable with your gear.

rahjaten

was wondering if i could get some info on how hard they hit approx hp etc..
thx in advance

Aeshmal

They hit for 656, quite fast. The first mitigates slow, the second does not. Both have a lot of HP; I would guesstimate on the order of 40k or more.

I could not solo them with my gear, which is a combination of GoD, Time, and some vestiges of Elemental. I do not believe they are soloable without massive numbers of AA or full Time+ gear; they simply have too much hp. Their damage output once slowed is not terribly significant, but it's enough to take down my 7k self-buffed hp in a minute or two. It's possible I did them after the patch in which it appears they were buffed slightly.

My advice? Bring a friend. They are trivial with two people. It's true that you can pet-cleric your way through them if you have a suitable mana pool and good FT (and probably KEI or its higher-level equivalents), but it'll take forever.

Vohrgan

Not soloable for this Kitty... however with a 61 Cler it was not so bad... but like the others said .. watch that slow.. if it drops, your hp will quickly drop too... one thing I noticed.. not only does the first one mitigate slow.. but it seemed like the duration was about 1/3 shorter as well.. /shrug may have just been my imagination.

Also.. if you fail to kill it..(at least on the first one) you got about 20 minutes to get back there.. loot your gear, buff up .. med up.. and re-engage (it did NOT regen HPs).. before the mob despawns.. requiring you to hail Zaza again and getting a new one at full HP to fight...

Officer of ADS - Bertoxxulous

Vidyne

Pet Clericing seemed to work ok.

Just gotta have the mana for it.

This is Pet clericing/healign self also and jumping back in when FHealth.