Main Menu

Walrus

Started by Volsykat, October 01, 2004, 04:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Just done this camp for the second time with a friend, took 4 total clears and ailing popped.

Another guildy did it the night before, also 4 full clears.

Succored accross SG and killed mobs there, pulled from around the sirens tube as well. Kill the Uthorks or whatever they called too.

Fionnah

Man.... camped this thing longer than the mob in ME.

This zone sucks.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Juksh

for people who do not have epic 1.0 - how has this camp been for you? I am at about 40 hours camped so far and no spawn. Over the weekend I put in two camps of about 5 hours each. On me giving up on the first one, as soon as I left and camp the very next spawn cycle the ailing walrus spawned, guildy was in the zone as I left the WW zoneling. Bad luck? or is this thing bugged for those of us that done have epic 1.0? (I have completed the alt quest for epic 1.0) anyone with out epic 1.0 tried this camp? What were your experiences?

Juksh
Juksh Tenshi
LVL 80 Arch Animist

Gummey Bare
LVL 80 Druid

Tastian

It's just the beauty of random spawns man.  I know several that had this as their fastest camp of the epic (yes even faster than drog) hehe.  The other day I was running through to WW to help someone kill SK epic mob, saw others killing monk mob and noticed walrus was just sitting there up from the clearing the monk had done hehe.  Just gotta keep at it, overall though it's not been too bad for most.

Nonposter

Heh you can try the little trick I used to get it:

I was asked by a mage in my guild to help him camp some parts for his epic, and on the way to ww it was up. The cleric that came along helped me kill it.

Sometimes helping a friend can help yourself  :D

I paid for it with Drogmar though, over 5 hrs camping that before pop. Around 12 hrs on the wolf.

Oh, and I do have epic 1.
- nonposter

Juksh

I have over 40 hours camping this mob, the RNG cant hate my that much!!!  The bad thing about it was the other night as soon as I left and camped, my guildmate saw it spawn on next cycle. He has epic 1.0. Lastnight he was with me camping it and over 2 hours and it still didnt show. its a bit much 40+ hours.

Juksh
Juksh Tenshi
LVL 80 Arch Animist

Gummey Bare
LVL 80 Druid

Volsykat

It's just a random spawn, it has nothing to do with having 1.0 or not.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Ajaax

Must be random

I had walrus spawn after first clearing...lets hope Im as lucky witht he wolf in ME  :wink:

rahjaten

walrus was up 4 spawn cycles later for me wolf was another matter 23 hrs total before i got mine as for drog got lucky was up as i ran by.

Aeshmal

Walrus was up for me within 15 minutes; however, I killed him right after OOW release, when almost nobody else was doing their epic yet and there was no contention for the mob.

I paid for the speed in ME though. In spades.

Vohrgan

For me... Ailing Walrus was up at the CS zone side... first Walrus spawn on the left side looking out over water from the CS ZI area... Have seen it there 4 times since then...

I was very lucky on this one... another group had popped him while exping... a lower level bst was there.. but it wiped them out.. and they succor'd to WW and left it for me to take out..) Was first on bert to get helm done... 8)  (cuz I held the Gryme key :P ) ..... CT turn in took me a week... and just got ME drop last night... :roll: So much for being ahead of the game.. hehe

Officer of ADS - Bertoxxulous

Volsykat

I've only ever seen others in the zone twice, once both sides were taken, and once the WW side was (and he left once he got it)...going to try and head back there sometime soon, but /sigh
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Zanazoo

I killed the one near the CS zone.  And when i get over to the WW side, there is only 2.  So am i missing them, or are they random throughout the zone?

If i kill the other mobs, could the walrus servants spawn in thier spots?

What is the PH, the walrus servants, or the servant manatee's?

Taiglin

They are all over on the WW side of the zone. Kill all the walruses. Even if they are PHs the tribute from the netted gear is decent.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Zanazoo

finally got it to spawn after 4-5 hours.  spawned in the same spot as one of the manatee's.  Dont under-estimate this mob.  Mine happened to spawn in one of the spots where there is 2 mobs.  trying to solo a lvl 65 mob, and an add at lvl 51-53 isnt easy,,,,i had to call in a druid to help heal.