Main Menu

How does the Gryme fight stack with the Walrus/Drog/etc

Started by Taiglin, October 04, 2004, 02:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

Know this guy has his nice AE DoT. Beyond/including that and clearing the other guards in the area is the fight appreciably harder then killing the Walrus or Drog? Did both of those fights with my botted 63 Druid and they were fairly easy. Have bazaar/ornate level gear. Have been a part of the kill on a Grumm raid or two but was well before OOW which is why I use the other 1.5 fights as a reference. If it makes a difference for comparative purposes, with my duo I also solo in the first room of the SE corner of HoH where the 3 cat spawn "guard" the room full of 6 undead white armor suites are.

More > Less in terms of bringing people. Just wondering how much more I should bring in or if it might even be 50/50 or something with just me.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Nonposter

Lots harder. I 2 box'ed Walrus/drog/wolf. Ended up bringing along Mage/cleric 2box, shammy, and myself/box cleric. Was overkill. VT/EP geared, 7500hp/1425ac with focus/virtue/self buffs.

I have a more detailed post on how to do this fight in another thread. I would bring a CoH mage along, makes getting spawn trivial (and getting to safe spot to kill gryme as well).
- nonposter

Vorhees

It's a long fight if you are just duo'ing.  My druid is reasonably geared (6k+ mana, FT17), and didn't really have a problem with mana.  Wasn't a particularly tough fight, even with the DOT.  I would say up until the final epic fight though, Gryme was the hardest.  Definitely harder than the walrus / drogmor fights, but that's just mainly because the Gryme fight is long.  At worst try it out and see if you have the mana to hold up, if not just evac out and get more to help.

Vidyne

65 bst, 66 bst, 67 Pal, 65 clr

Did pretty reasonable easy

I can solo up to Gryme, I just CANNOT take him solo.

6600 hp buffed, FT11+2

Tastian

Given what you've said I'd snag atleast one more person.  Even just a dps person to speed the fight up.  You can abolish to cure the dot, so it's not too bad, but he does have some hps and the fight can take a bit.  Definitely do-able with some duo's, but given what you've said I'd definitely bring one more.

jitathab

A reasonable druid can heal this fight, Grymes DPS is low. Abolish disease is very handy to keep the DPS high.

Done with 3 Bsts and a druid :)

BTW remember pet hold at Aramin who casts an AE snare.

zaab

Me and my bot cleric, a friend's pally and his bot wizard pulled 2 or 3 trash at a time, cleric never even had to heal for gryme.  Kinda sad how scary mobs 5-7 levels ago are so easy now.  Cleared up to spider, didnt even bother clearing mobs behind her.  Just ran in, looted the drop, and ran out with mobs beating on me.  Wiz then evac'd.

Felidae

I did this with a pair of druids and a pally and myself. Had a wizzy but they LD'd.  Same as all above. Cleared to Gryme, pet pulled his guards and then got him single, then cleared in.  At spiders cleared what I could safely then we aggo'd remaining stuff, I ran in got the spawn and died. The others evaced out.  I got rez and we all good.

negrismorte

Did this with 66 beast - elemental/VT gear, 66 cleric - baz/LDoN gear, 55 wizzie - cheap twink.  Was not a trivial fight, but wasn't terribly hard either.  Wizzie chain nuked lure of flame.  Cleric was able to use CH's, melee and nuke from time to time.  I opened with slow - stuck first time.  Hit him with incap, SV, Plague and used 2hb with both offesive discs.  I saved my proct spirit for a close call, paragon about 2/3 of the way through.

Taiglin

Did this fight twice last night. To put in perspective non are EP flagged. Started with 65 Bst, fresh ding 65 Druid (my bot), 67 cleric, 66 necro, 60 war. KEI dropped on cleric and druid right before fight, was laggy (my connection at least). Thought we had Gryme single but one guard added so the necro was semi occupied kitting. Got Gryme to 50% and then succored. Came back with an additional 61 Bst, 63 Bard, and 61 Ranger. Fight was a success but did result in a few deaths. Main issue was a couple of the toons are really not experienced at this sort of encounter and argo was an issue, not to mention the average toon level was fairly low. Not sure what the mana level of the cleric was at the end. Anyway, just a FYI.

To answer my own post then, this fight is much harder then I expected. If your profile/situation is similar to mine you might want to keep in mind the types of forces I brought.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Meeshna

Yeah, first try had self, 66 BST at the time, 65 druid, 65 WAR and 65 CLR and totally forgot about his stupid DoT which ate us whole.  Got him down to 8 perc before he tore thru us because of the darn DoT and having to heal folks and cure it all the time.

Picked up an additional Druid after rezz's and took his unhappy butt down so much faster. hehe  Helps to have 3 in the group that have radiant cure and pureblood, especially when your DPS is mainly a BST, WAR and extra DRU hehehehe
Questing Vah Shir

Koullyn

Did this at 67 with my 65 bot cleric. Was relatively easy to do. Just buff up, use pacify to pull him single and then clear to Aramin. I actually died picking up the piece behind Aramin due to everything in that hall way aggroing. I just gated my bot cleric and waited for my corpse to pop at the zone line. Did it for another Bst with the Cleric, Enc, Bst and Me also. This was extremely easy and overkill. Took us all of 15 minutes to get in and out.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Otuol

Kaspi,

That's great you were able to 2-box Gryme, but in looking at your gear, you are better equipped by far than most people attempting that.  Nice gear, but it does so much to give you the edge.

My friend and I (66 BST pre-ele geared, 67 cleric pre-ele geared, and 64 rogue bazaar gear) managed to down him.  It was a little tough as we werent even full mana otr hit points, but we did it none the less.

negrismorte

Gryme wasn't that bad Otuol.  I have about the same gear you do (HP/AC wise) although I have about 2x your aaps (that makes a big dif).

My group was 65 beast, 65 cleric (baz gear), 55 wizzie (botted).  I kept it slowed, positioned and cured the DoT, cleric kept me healed, wizzie stayed out of AE range and dropped draught of flame IIRC.  Fight was about 5 min (slow wore off once when I wasnt watching the time).