Main Menu

Final Fight, Just Little Suggestion

Started by Catgal, October 08, 2004, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catgal

This is the most annoying thing for the whole epic, NPC up for 2 and down for 2. You will be very pissed off if the mob depop when your raid force is about to be prepared.

To prevent this, you may want to camp this spot till it depop and gather people after 1.5 hours from she depops. Just my suggestion, and that's what I did.

Also, I want to confirm that the NPC pops for 2 hours and depops for 2 hours. As some of BSTs on server have been asking me if it is truth or rumor.  :P

Incite

Yah, it's pretty much 2 hours give or take a few minutes.  I left my necro there FD watching the spawn point.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Giledorm

Wish a true honest-to-god dev would come to the boards and explain what reasoning when into that spawn timer decision, because for the life of me I can't figure it out...
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Tastian

hehe I re-asked about the spawn timer today.  I could even see mob being down for 2 hours after doing so you can't chain them (even though you can chain others), but having it despawn well people are en route sucks @$$.

Aeshmal

Or you could just find her up, trigger it, and gather your raid force in the hour you have after the event is triggered before it despawns. That way you're guaranteed not to lose your chance to trigger the thing.

Giledorm

I guess I don't understand why they didn't use the 2spawn mob idea like they have in other places.  Basically, do your turnin, and Erana immediately despawns and respawns as a slightly different version who will only take the item from the DDA.  That prevents the script from being messed up, and she could despawn and respawn as the original after an hour or so.  If it is turned in successfully, have her despawn for her 2 hours or whatever.  

/shrug.  I'm sure the devs have a reason, but I would just like to know what it was.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Vidyne

Up 2hrs, down 1hr would be... ok

but down 2hrs is... just about People's breaking point for waiting on something like this...

I might could get my guild to wait an hour for respawn if she despawned.

I couldnt get them to wait 2hrs.  They might come back.. but people want to group and exp.. or do other raid targets.

garios

whats the respawn after you complete the event? still 2 hours?
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Aspro

2 Hours from the despawn, so might be something around 1h20 to 1h40...

Fionnah

Quotewhats the respawn after you complete the event? still 2 hours?

I don't think you understand what we're saying.  Completing or not completing the event has no effect on the mob being up or down.

I do believe that there is a delay between when an event was completed and when it can be done again, though the trigger mob doesn't despawn.  I'm not positive whether there is a delay between starts on this event though.  Might be 1/2 hour or there might not be one for this event.

It's possible that you could literally chain 5 fights one right after the other if you had 5 BSTs ready to go, then on the last one the mob despawn because it's 2 hours after it spawned and he has to wait 2 hours to hand his item in.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Ttony

Quote from: FionnahI don't think you understand what we're saying.  Completing or not completing the event has no effect on the mob being up or down.

Not sure it that statement is 100% true. I did mine last Thursday. I knew there was a good chance that my guild would do it so I watch Erana to get the spawn time. It was exactly 2 hours up and 2 hours down. My guild did Epic fights all night long and when we setup in RCoD for mine she was not up but due in 5 mins. She spawned right on time and I made the hand in. We invised to the spot and setup and killed the Discordling Dark Animist in less than 45 mins. I grabbed the piece and invised back to Erana and much to my surprise found her not there. She still should have had over an hour left to be up. I believe that she despawns when the event is beat or fails. I believe the event stays up for an hour before it resets. She will probably despawn also at that time.

I came back 2 hours later and she was up. Which was off from my original 2 hours up 2 hours down timer.

Oh and BTW this is in the same room as a Druid Epic 1.5 Fight so not sure if it could happen but 2 Epic fights might spawn at once in the same room. We had 2 druids at that point and had them remain out of range to spawn their event till mine was done.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

garios

Thanks that was some of the info i was looking for if you could chain this fight with enough bsts ready to go.  Or if their was a down time to do another one after you complete.  So far people were only talking about it being up and down for triggering the event not for when you want to do another one.
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Fionnah

QuoteShe spawned right on time and I made the hand in. We invised to the spot and setup and killed the Discordling Dark Animist in less than 45 mins. I grabbed the piece and invised back to Erana and much to my surprise found her not there. She still should have had over an hour left to be up.

That's really interesting.  Has anyone been able to kill the Dark Animist and do the turn-in at the same time?
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Ekss

When I did it I'm sure the NPC despawned when I handed her the cloak to trigger the fight. I thought that reset her 2 hour timer, so assumed she would reappear exactly 2 hours after I handed her the item. However, I wasn't there to check, so I have no idea if that's actually what happens or not.
It would be good to know!
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Tastian

Yeah NPC despawns after turn-in and then you have to wait 2 hours to turn back in.  Least from everything I've seen and done.  Done the fight probably half a dozen times and yet to see anyone able to just run back over and turn in.  I've never stayed and watched how soon after turn-in she despawns, but I've always just set a timer to 2 hours after DDA dies and then ran back and she was up again hehe.